“A hotel where memories are made”
Review of Hotel de Banville

Hotel de Banville
Ranked #218 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
North Yorkshire
“A hotel where memories are made”
Reviewed July 20, 2008

We picked the Amelie room at this hotel because it had a balcony, with table and chairs, overlooking Paris with the Eiffel Tower in the distance. The top of the Arc de Triomphe can also be seen as can the Sacre Coeur to the left. The room looked lovely on the website and the reviews were excellent. I booked this room a long time ago and then I discovered I was expecting, and would be 8 months pregnant by the time of our visit. I was a bit concerned that I might not be as comfortable as iI was at home (suffering the usual gripes of pregancy such as indigestion, backache...) but I needn't have worried. The staff provided me with extra pillows and showed me how to cool the room down should I need it, and were so very very helpful. I actually had the two best nights sleep i had had in ages and a bonus was the BIG bath with window overlooking the eiffel tower. The toiletries were lovely (so nice to have quality products), and the bathrobes were very welcome for just lounging around (can't believe I'm saying that when we were in Paris!). Breakfast was served to our room and eating on the balcony with the pink tinged view of Paris was just unforgettable. Because of my pregnancy we spent more time in the room than we normally would have done but with Paris at our feet it was not a minute wasted. Come here, propose, be proposed to, or just share some quality time with your loved one. in our case we talked of our impending arrival (a girl, Nina), be romantic and take away some wonderful memories.

• Liked — View and the big bath1
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manager_Banville, Hotel Manager at Hotel de Banville, responded to this review, October 16, 2008
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thanks a lot for your very nice comment.
I hope you're well now... I'm happy to read that you enjoy staying in Amelie while you were pregnant. I see that you tried all the services.
Thanks again for your kindness. My best wishes to Nina.

Hope to see you soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the de Banville to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary.
Everything already written on these pages about the hotel is spot-on. I am a Travel Agent and have stayed in many hotels but this hotel is one of the best.

In a nice quiet residential area of Paris with some great restaurants close by (try San Remo's if you like Italian) and a pleasant 15 minute walk to the Arc de Tromphie.

We stayed in the "Ameile" room. The room was very cosy with a lovely claw-foot bath to relax in after a full day visiting the sights. We also had a great view of the Eiffel Tower/Arc de Tromphie and a small balcony with table & chairs where we ate breakfast one morning. What more can one ask for! As a bonus at night, you get the chance to sit on the balcony and watch the Eiffel Tower's spectacular light show.

The staff were extremley polite and helpful and spoke fluent English and the service was excellent. We requested a private car transfer from Gare de l'Est which the hotel provided for 25 Euros. Well worth doing to save queing for a taxi especially at 10pm at night. The driver was so helpful and polite and on our return to the Gare Du Nord to catch the Eurostar he even took our luggage all the way up to the check-in.

Breakfast was also very good (croissants, cold meats etc.) and kept one going until a lunch-time snack.

We can't wait to return again and stay in the lovely "Ameile" room.

Tip For Sightseeing: Use L'Open Bus Tour. Bus stop near Arc de Tromphie. 4 routes, jump on/off at any stop and includes boat that runs up/down the Seine. Great way to see Paris and all the sights.

• Liked — Location, room and service
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Many thanks for your nice comment.
Amelie is the most known room, but you have many others to discover for your next stay :-)
I'm happy to see that you enjoy our private transfert to the train station. We also propose an airport transfert from Charles de Gaulle or Orly Airport.
I hope you will come again and try an other room.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We booked a two night stay at the Hotel for my 4th July birthday back in March. I had read up on many reviews on Trip Advisor adn knew we were in for a treat! The hotel exceeded our expectations!

Our driver was late coming to collect us at the airport (we think he forgot us) but the hotel were very apologetic , as was the driver! When we arrived , the first thing I was greeted with was a 'Happy Birthday" and told to enjoy some champagne on behalf o fthe hotel which was very nice!

Our room, L'apartment de Marie was ready for us on arrival and it is such a beautiful Paris room, up on the 8th floor with such a fantastic view of the tower, the arc de triomphe and even sacre couer in the distance! Every member of staff were so friendly, helpful, approachable, always smiling and asking how you were! I dealt with Alexandre on reception in many e-mails and she was wonderful.

Our favorites about the hotel would be the turn down service of the bed in evening, when they left the bedside lamps on low lighting with little chocs on pillow. Breakfast brought to room in morning! Lots of little extras in room, good magazines and Paris books, plenty of soaps, shampoos replaced every day! My boyfriend loved that the stocked the Guardian newspaper every day too! Overall service was top class!

We expected the hotel to be in a nice location, but a little away from the main attractions,in reality it is much closer than we thought! The Arc de Triomphe is honestly only a 15 min max walk from hotel (a lovely walk), we strolled home from Dinner beside Tuilleries gardens one night and it took max 35 mins, again a lovely walk through Paris!

Pack your comfy shoes and enjoy strolling through the streets. Area hotel is in is gorgeous, lots of nice brasseries on Perreire roundabout down the street, buzzes with Parisian charm!

I agree with one other reviewer that I don't want to tell too many people about this place in case it becomes too busy and loses its charm!!!!! We will most definitely be back to the Hotel de Banville!

• Liked — Service, excellent adn friendy staff!
  • Disliked — Nothing, but for those who don't like lifts, would recommend asking for room on lower floors, it is very small!
    • Check in / front desk
Manager_Banville, Hotel Manager at Hotel de Banville, responded to this review, September 12, 2008
Madame, Monsieur,

I'm very happy to read that you enjoy your stay with us. I'm very sorry for the problem with the driver. I know that you forgot it... I'm very glad to see that the service is as it must be. You 're right, our location is very close to the best attractions : Champs-Elysées, Opera, Eiffel Tower…
I hope you will come back sooner.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2008

Had a short stay here. The location is better if you have been to Paris before. For a first time traveller to Paris it is probably a bit far away from the main tourist sites. Having said that it is only a 15 minute metro ride into the main tourist sites.

The staff we came across were very nice and helpful.

Our room was on the top floor with a fantastic view of Paris including the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower!

• Liked — Views from the room
  • Disliked — Only one small lift so it is a long walk up the stairs.
    • Check in / front desk
Manager_Banville, Hotel Manager at Hotel de Banville, responded to this review, August 25, 2008
Dear Sir or Madam,

Many thanks for staying at the Hôtel de Banville.We are not so far from the main tourist sites. From the hotel to Triumph Arch really takes 15 minutes walk and it's a very nice walkway.
Many thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Portland Oregon
Reviewed May 25, 2008

Our company paid for us, so I wasn't concerned about the price. The hotel is very expensive, I think it was 240 euros / night. It was a lovely experience!! The hotel was in great condition, with a lovely entrance and a grand piano in the lobby. Some nights there was live music played there. They offered internet in the lobby, and the breakfasts were very good! The staff was extremely helpful. Even though we arrived 3 hours before check-in, they held our bags for us, no problem, and we toured the city until it was time to check in.

We were on the 7th floor and loved the view. However we didn't enjoy the elevator ride much. It was only a minor inconvenience, but there is only one, and it is TINY.

The hotel is only 200 meters or so from a metro stop. And the way the Paris metro works you are only 10-20 minutes from all the major tourist attractions. There are plenty of great restaurants within a few blocks of the hotel, and the Arc de Triumph is within walking distance.

The rooms are good sized, with marble bathrooms. Our bathroom was very modern, while other rooms we saw had roman style bathrooms. All of which were great! Plenty of hot water. And there was a clothing warmer rack thing too.

The only negatives were that the "double" bed was really 2 twins pushed together, and a MAJOR mishap on our first night there: my wife and were on the bed, in our underwear, and a hotel employee unlocked our door and entered the room without knocking!! His job is to place the chocolates on the pillows. I got all over the hotel for this and they appologized profusely. But still, c'mon....

• Disliked — The staff entering our room without knocking!!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank firstenburg
Manager_Banville, Hotel Manager at Hotel de Banville, responded to this review, July 2, 2008
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Many thanks for taking time to write. I'm very very sorry for what happened. All staff member have to knock before opening the door of a room. Concerning the elevator, it's our old "Grand-Ma". It's as old as the building. We will totally replace it in August 2009.
I hope you will forget these incidents and come again to try our new rooms.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2008

Truly amazing and luxurious, full of character and Parisian charm. Fantastic breakfast, spacious and spotless room. We stayed in one of the superior rooms (were upgraded at no extra cost on arrival!) which was beautifully decorated and furnished. A perfect hotel for a romantic break - would recommend to any couple! Situated in an elegant residential part of Paris north of the river. A half an hour walk to the city centre, metro just a few minutes away, plenty of good restaurants within a walking distance - try Royal Pereire!

1 Thank taysiii
Manager_Banville, Hotel Manager at Hotel de Banville, responded to this review, June 17, 2008
Dear Sir, dear Madam,

Thank you for comment. I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your room and that you were upgraded, it's not usual in our hotel :-)
You're right, the hotel is located in a very nice area where you can find many different restaurants, for all budgets…

I hope you will come again.

sacramento
Reviewed May 21, 2008

My wife and I recently stayed 6 nights at hotel deBanville (both planned and unplanned nights). Our intent was to celebrate her 60th birthday with 5 days in Paris then move on for a week in Provence. Unfortunately our trip got off to a rocky start as a result of various missed flight connections then with my wife contracting sometype of intestional bug which caused us to cancel the last half of the trip. Throughout our difficulties, the staff at the hotel was both sympathetic and most cooperative in tracking lost luggage, securing medical assistance and making sure we could stay additional nights at the hotel until we could arrange for an early flight home.
During our stay I noticed that the staffing levels were quite high for a relatively small hotel (less than 40 rooms). This resulted in a high level of personal service. Also when we first made our reservations I noticed that the manager responded to all complaints posted on this site. He may not have been able to resolve every complaint but his public efforts in this regard influenced our decision to stay at the de Banville.
The hotel is located in a residential neighbhorhood that was fun to explore. A metro stop is close by and you can be at most of the major sites within 15-20 minutes. Say hello to the staff for me when you visit the hotel. Regards Bob Howse

• Liked — customer service
  • Disliked — the hotel had a low frequency, intermittent rumbling sound that was audible during the day and early evening. It may been the elevator of perhaps the near by Metro train. It may effect light sleepers.
1 Thank uplanderbob
Manager_Banville, Hotel Manager at Hotel de Banville, responded to this review, June 13, 2008
Dear Mr Howse,

I thank you for you very nice comment.

Despite all the difficulties during your stay, I 'm happy to see that you keep a good memory of your Parisian stay.

Concerning the staffing levels, I think that a 4 star hotel has to provide a high quality of service.

My guest opinions are very important for me. I try to answer each comment. You took time to write them, it's normal for me to answer :-)

I hope to see you soon.