“All that we had hoped for ...and more!”
Review of Hotel de Banville

Hotel de Banville
Ranked #211 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We booked a two night stay at the Hotel for my 4th July birthday back in March. I had read up on many reviews on Trip Advisor adn knew we were in for a treat! The hotel exceeded our expectations!

Our driver was late coming to collect us at the airport (we think he forgot us) but the hotel were very apologetic , as was the driver! When we arrived , the first thing I was greeted with was a 'Happy Birthday" and told to enjoy some champagne on behalf o fthe hotel which was very nice!

Our room, L'apartment de Marie was ready for us on arrival and it is such a beautiful Paris room, up on the 8th floor with such a fantastic view of the tower, the arc de triomphe and even sacre couer in the distance! Every member of staff were so friendly, helpful, approachable, always smiling and asking how you were! I dealt with Alexandre on reception in many e-mails and she was wonderful.

Our favorites about the hotel would be the turn down service of the bed in evening, when they left the bedside lamps on low lighting with little chocs on pillow. Breakfast brought to room in morning! Lots of little extras in room, good magazines and Paris books, plenty of soaps, shampoos replaced every day! My boyfriend loved that the stocked the Guardian newspaper every day too! Overall service was top class!

We expected the hotel to be in a nice location, but a little away from the main attractions,in reality it is much closer than we thought! The Arc de Triomphe is honestly only a 15 min max walk from hotel (a lovely walk), we strolled home from Dinner beside Tuilleries gardens one night and it took max 35 mins, again a lovely walk through Paris!

Pack your comfy shoes and enjoy strolling through the streets. Area hotel is in is gorgeous, lots of nice brasseries on Perreire roundabout down the street, buzzes with Parisian charm!

I agree with one other reviewer that I don't want to tell too many people about this place in case it becomes too busy and loses its charm!!!!! We will most definitely be back to the Hotel de Banville!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Manager_Banville, Hotel Manager at Hotel de Banville, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2008

Madame, Monsieur,

I'm very happy to read that you enjoy your stay with us. I'm very sorry for the problem with the driver. I know that you forgot it... I'm very glad to see that the service is as it must be. You 're right, our location is very close to the best attractions : Champs-Elysées, Opera, Eiffel Tower…
I hope you will come back sooner.

There are newer reviews for Hotel de Banville

Reviewed June 6, 2008

Had a short stay here. The location is better if you have been to Paris before. For a first time traveller to Paris it is probably a bit far away from the main tourist sites. Having said that it is only a 15 minute metro ride into the main tourist sites.

The staff we came across were very nice and helpful.

Our room was on the top floor with a fantastic view of Paris including the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower!

• Check in / front desk
Manager_Banville, Hotel Manager at Hotel de Banville, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2008

Dear Sir or Madam,

Many thanks for staying at the Hôtel de Banville.We are not so far from the main tourist sites. From the hotel to Triumph Arch really takes 15 minutes walk and it's a very nice walkway.
Many thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2008

Our company paid for us, so I wasn't concerned about the price. The hotel is very expensive, I think it was 240 euros / night. It was a lovely experience!! The hotel was in great condition, with a lovely entrance and a grand piano in the lobby. Some nights there was live music played there. They offered internet in the lobby, and the breakfasts were very good! The staff was extremely helpful. Even though we arrived 3 hours before check-in, they held our bags for us, no problem, and we toured the city until it was time to check in.

We were on the 7th floor and loved the view. However we didn't enjoy the elevator ride much. It was only a minor inconvenience, but there is only one, and it is TINY.

The hotel is only 200 meters or so from a metro stop. And the way the Paris metro works you are only 10-20 minutes from all the major tourist attractions. There are plenty of great restaurants within a few blocks of the hotel, and the Arc de Triumph is within walking distance.

The rooms are good sized, with marble bathrooms. Our bathroom was very modern, while other rooms we saw had roman style bathrooms. All of which were great! Plenty of hot water. And there was a clothing warmer rack thing too.

The only negatives were that the "double" bed was really 2 twins pushed together, and a MAJOR mishap on our first night there: my wife and were on the bed, in our underwear, and a hotel employee unlocked our door and entered the room without knocking!! His job is to place the chocolates on the pillows. I got all over the hotel for this and they appologized profusely. But still, c'mon....

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank firstenburg
Manager_Banville, Hotel Manager at Hotel de Banville, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2008

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Many thanks for taking time to write. I'm very very sorry for what happened. All staff member have to knock before opening the door of a room. Concerning the elevator, it's our old "Grand-Ma". It's as old as the building. We will totally replace it in August 2009.
I hope you will forget these incidents and come again to try our new rooms.

Reviewed May 21, 2008

Truly amazing and luxurious, full of character and Parisian charm. Fantastic breakfast, spacious and spotless room. We stayed in one of the superior rooms (were upgraded at no extra cost on arrival!) which was beautifully decorated and furnished. A perfect hotel for a romantic break - would recommend to any couple! Situated in an elegant residential part of Paris north of the river. A half an hour walk to the city centre, metro just a few minutes away, plenty of good restaurants within a walking distance - try Royal Pereire!

1  Thank taysiii
Manager_Banville, Hotel Manager at Hotel de Banville, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2008

Dear Sir, dear Madam,

Thank you for comment. I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your room and that you were upgraded, it's not usual in our hotel :-)
You're right, the hotel is located in a very nice area where you can find many different restaurants, for all budgets…

I hope you will come again.

Reviewed May 21, 2008

My wife and I recently stayed 6 nights at hotel deBanville (both planned and unplanned nights). Our intent was to celebrate her 60th birthday with 5 days in Paris then move on for a week in Provence. Unfortunately our trip got off to a rocky start as a result of various missed flight connections then with my wife contracting sometype of intestional bug which caused us to cancel the last half of the trip. Throughout our difficulties, the staff at the hotel was both sympathetic and most cooperative in tracking lost luggage, securing medical assistance and making sure we could stay additional nights at the hotel until we could arrange for an early flight home.
During our stay I noticed that the staffing levels were quite high for a relatively small hotel (less than 40 rooms). This resulted in a high level of personal service. Also when we first made our reservations I noticed that the manager responded to all complaints posted on this site. He may not have been able to resolve every complaint but his public efforts in this regard influenced our decision to stay at the de Banville.
The hotel is located in a residential neighbhorhood that was fun to explore. A metro stop is close by and you can be at most of the major sites within 15-20 minutes. Say hello to the staff for me when you visit the hotel. Regards Bob Howse

1  Thank uplanderbob
Manager_Banville, Hotel Manager at Hotel de Banville, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2008

Dear Mr Howse,

I thank you for you very nice comment.

Despite all the difficulties during your stay, I 'm happy to see that you keep a good memory of your Parisian stay.

Concerning the staffing levels, I think that a 4 star hotel has to provide a high quality of service.

My guest opinions are very important for me. I try to answer each comment. You took time to write them, it's normal for me to answer :-)

I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2008

Had a three night stay at this hotel and enjoyed every minute of it.
The staff were very friendly, (excellent english, which is great when your French ain't up to scratch!).
Room was nice and clean. We didn't have a bath in our particular room which disappointed me a little. But when I did give the shower a go, it was just amazing! Nice powerful shower and hot water whenever you want it, which meets my criteria for a shower!

Small bathroom but nicely decorated and nice little extras such as shampoo, shower gel , cotton buds etc.

I had asked for a bottle of champagne to be in our room on arrival(as it was my boyfriends birthday) and they kindly obliged, even adding a few bowls of nice niblies!

The hotel itself is a little away from the main centre of paris, but right next to a metro which can take you anywhere you want to go.

We had breakfast included during our stay and it was spot on.
Selection of cereals, breads, eggs, fruit, teas coffees.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to experience paris in fun, luxurious and clean environment.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manager_Banville, Hotel Manager at Hotel de Banville, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2008

Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you for your nice comment. I'm very happy to see that you had an new experience : "testing" our new shower and that it was successfull :-)
Concerning the location, in effect the hotel is not in the center of Paris, but in a quite residential area. With the bus, you can reach the Champs-Elysées in 5 minutes or 15 minutes by walk. And we are at only 15 minutes from the Opera with the metro.

I hope you will come again and try a room with a bath as one of our Pastourelle.

Reviewed April 26, 2008

My husband and I stayed for 3 night in hotel de Banville as part of our honeymoon in France. We are very glad that we found this hotel! Our room (Amelia) on the top floor was clean, nicely decorated with excellent open-plan bathroom and lovely romantic balcony overlooking the Eiffel Tower. We chose this specific room on the hotel website and were glad hotel staff made sure Amelie was kept for our stay.
Hotel staff was very friendly and make great breakfast in bed; and sandwiches and espresso in the downstairs bar.
Hotel is situated in a quite, clean and up market neighborhood. Within 3 mins walk of the hotel there is a roundabout that has around 10 different restaurants / bistro, plus another 10 restaurants within few more mins walk.
Also 15 minutes away is the Arc de Triumph, so good location!
Overall great stay that we really enjoyed!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir and Madam,

Firstable, thank you for your comment. I'm very glad to see that you appreciated Amelie's room. I think that you don't have any other choice for your 1st anniversary than to stay a fews nights in one of our Prélude "of love" or Maries Appartment...

Hope to see you soon.