“Very average accomodation at high prices”
Review of Hotel de Banville

Hotel de Banville
Ranked #218 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Very average accomodation at high prices”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Too expensive and not worth a 4 star rating. We selected it on the high tripadvisor scores but we were disappointed with a very average hotel although the staff tried hard to make our stay as pleasant as possible. For the same money you can get a much better hotel close to the action in Paris

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_Banville, Directeur général at Hotel de Banville, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us following your recent stay at the Hotel de Banville.

We do apologize if you were disappointed with our hotel. We would have loved to know that during your stay at the hotel de Banville because as you said yourself in your commentary, our staff takes with very importance all the needs that any guests could have and that they did everything to make your stay as pleasant as it can be.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again,

Assistant manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Turkish first
Dunbar, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Hotel De Banville is a haven of tranquility. Set in the 17 district about a twenty minute pleasant stroll to the centre of town. Lovely rooms, clean and welcoming. The breakfast in the foyer is typically French as is a drink by the bar accompanied by live music on occasion. This mid priced hotel is my favourite place to stay in Paris and I have recommended it to a number of friends who have stayed and agree how good it is.

Room Tip: The best views over to the city are on the higher floors.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing these wonderful comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us !
Thank you very much for your good feed-back in regards of the location, room, breakfast and live music.
The entire team of the Hotel de Banville is looking forward to your next visit !

Assistant Manager
Paris, France
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

On a business trip back to my home town, it's always difficult for me, now that I leave in Japan, to come back and stay in an hotel. In hotel de Bancille, I felt home. Warm welcome, nice service, discret and personalized. Elegant casual freshly renovated room, all white, with a lovely mini bathroom, nice view on Paris's roofs. If you feel like runing or breathing in a park, take a 20 mn walk to Parc Monceau, (from 7am)! If you feel more like shopping, a few metro,stations will take you to the famous Printemps and Galeries Lafayette. If in summer, 5 minutes walk to the Place Pereire and you will have a tasty lunch, brunch or diner in one of the restaurants around the square, inside or on their terrace. All style, level and prices available. One of my favourite is Les Hortensias. Voila! This is a nice place to stay.!

Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Stephanie D
Dear Mrs Stephanie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us following your recent stay at the Hotel de Banville !
We are proud to learn that you felt like at home and that you enjoyed your room, our services and the location...
Thank you very much for your wonderful feed-back
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in our Hotel (your Paris home) !!!

Assistant manager
Beijing, China
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Everything is perfect, location, food , service and more u hope can experience in Paris.
Especially Rudy, wo is our welcome person and help us a lot, for booking room more time and update a high-class room due to our long stay, and patient for answer lots of question.
Everything is perfect!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It is such a pleasure to hear your amazing return of your stay with us at the Hotel de Banville ! Thank you as well for complimenting our night auditor Rudy.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon, maybe by booking one of our new rooms just refurbished.

Emmanuelle Le Gall
Assistant Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Recently spent three nights here, and it was great. Lived up to its 4* status. Clean, helpful, polite and convenient. Would definitely consider going back here on my next return to Paris. Also, the price was very reasonable.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Absolutely gorgeous boutique style hotel in perfect location. Everything about our stay was truly brilliant. The staff couldn't do more for you, they're so kind. They upgraded our room to the 'Rosalie' suite which was so perfect, the bathroom was beautiful.
Whatever we needed at whatever time they would bring it straight up to our room.
Would highly recommend ordering a shuttle from reception to take you back to airport as its a fixed price and much cheaper than jumping in a taxi from street.
Bonny Tyler was also in hotel lobby carrying out an interview for French radio station whilst we were there and let us take a picture of her! You will not find a better hotel for the price. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of city rather than courtyard when booking.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was looking for the ideal, romantic and charming Parisian hotel and I found it! Stayed here with my boyfriend September 2012. It was definitely a little pricey but to me, worth every penny. Great location not far from the Arc de Triomphe and therefore Champs-Elysees, Louvre, etc. Two metros stops close by (one 5 min walk away and one 10 min walk). Great circles of restaurants nearby also.

I really wanted the picturesque balcony setting with a romantic view of Eiffel Tower but Marie's Apartment and Amelie's room were booked for most of our dates. I stayed in a Classic room by myself one night waiting for my boyfriend to meet me in Paris and then booked Amelie's room for my second night while he was there which was absolutely perfect. The staff was so great and moved all of our belongings while we were sightseeing. We came back to the hotel with food to take for a picnic by the Eiffel Tower for dinner but we were so blown away by the beauty of the room that we stayed in, took a bubble bath with open windows and a view of the Tower and ate dinner on the balcony as the sun set. It was our favorite moment! My friends & family couldn't believe the photos! They even moved our stuff for us again to a Superior room after. Amelie's room was only available for one night and I wanted it! So worth it.

The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, they even booked me an appointment to get my nails done close to the hotel! The night staff was the best. They sat me down and went over the city, how to get around and constantly asked if there was anything I needed.

The only reason I rated a 4 instead of a 5 is because the website mentioned there was music one night a week at a certain hour and I loved the idea. I arrived the night the music should have been playing but no one was there which was a bit disappointing.

If you are going as a couple, BOOK AMELIE'S ROOM! Spend the money. Splurge. You will NOT be disappointed. If you are going to have a romantic stay in Paris, do it right!

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and beautiful. Amelie's Room is a MUST! Absolutely gorgeous views of Paris f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple