“Not quite the chic stay I was expecting”
Review of Hotel de Banville

Hotel de Banville
Ranked #275 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I recently spent two nights at Hotel de Banville with my boyfriend, for a special weekend away. We arrived at the hotel, and were greeted by the manager, who spoke excellent English and was very nice, making reservations at a restaurant for us, and also recommending another nearby (Villa Pereire, which was great). The lobby was small but very well presented. However, we went up to our room, number 25, and I have to say that I was a tiny bit disappointed - it was very small, and looked nothing like the chic and modern photos on the website. The bathroom was fine, although again it didn't look like the photos I had seen. And while both the bedroom and the bathroom were clean, they did look a little worn around the edges, like they could do with a lick of paint and generally freshening up. The room was very quiet though, and the bed was comfy, so it was ok as a base to explore the city - the Metro station was only 5 minutes walk away, as were a number of restaurants and cafes, and you could easily take a nice walk into town, as we did.
In short, the staff were lovely, and the location very good, but the room did not look at all like the website had promised.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I felt so lucky to have chosen the Hotel de Banville. Yes, I dreamed that if I ever went to Paris I would have a balcony and view of the Eiffel Tower. I understand some rooms there do, but ours was number 41 fronting the courtyard. And that turned out to be much better. We had glorious quiet when we wanted to sleep, and a nice look at a garden below when we were getting ready to leave for the day. The staff spoke wonderful English, so we never had to struggle to understand directions, which they gave out endlessly with great cheer that we would see the things we were trying to get to. The recommended things. The shops and restaurants we needed were all nearby. And that magical view of the Tower lighted and flickering at night--we walked to the Arch and got it full bore, which was way better than squinting at it at a distance from a room.
We loved our room. The bath had a glorious walk-in shower. The room was much larger than we'd imagined, and it had 10 corners, all of which were utilized. The colors and lighting made it amazing, and the bed was comfortable. There was an ante-room with storage space, a safe, and one of many mirrors.
Breakfast was plentiful and varied. We only regret not being there for the jazz, which now happens only on the first Thursday of the month.
If you stay there and go to catch the Metro, be sure to save a tiny bit of time to enter the park where all the motorcycles park. It is a special oasis.

1  Thank jeanne k
Reviewed May 15, 2013

To be fair - the Hotel de Banville could probabally never quite live up to the hipe of the amazing reviews it has recieved. For me a five rating would have to be perfection and this was not quite.

The hotel was quite quirky and funky in its decor, clean, lovely staff, great free wifi and in a great location. For me the best bit was the view - a full view of the Efflel Tower in the distance - not so you had to strain to see it and you could see it all - from room 72. I think if I went again and did not have such a view I would be disappointed.

The less than perfect parts were the room was getting a little worn and shabby in places, the tv has some british channels (good) but the lock would only let the volume go so high. I understand the reason for this but not all the channel have the same level of sound and we could not hear the british ones (appart from CNN) which makes having a TV usless!

All in all the best hotel I have stayed in in Paris and I would try to use it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an Effel Tower view.
2  Thank CandCEdinburgh
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our staff. Everyone who worked there was friendly. We were told sights to see and given maps. This place has charm and the rooms were so clean. I loved the view from the balcony. It was cool even in July. I would definitely come back to this hotel. In the mornings, the breakfast was also good!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Having just spent the past 2 nights at this hotel with my daughter to celebrate her 21st Birthday, I want to share with everyone what a lovely, friendly and fantastic hotel this is. We were booked in a previous hotel and stayed for 1 night, it was truly horrible. We popped into the nearby Hotel De Banville and met the Manager, Rudy. We told him how unhappy we were and asked if a room might be available. He sorted a Premier Room for us at an excellent rate for the remainder of our stay and it was truly lovely. Two beds, beautifully furnished, large room and a huge bathroom, two handbasins and a fabulous shower. Rudy and another manager, who's name I didn't get couldn't have been more helpful. If you want to stay in a classy, professionally run hotel, Hotel De Banville will cover all your expectations. I will be visiting it again soon.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, next to the lift, this didn't cause any problems.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel twice during our 10 day stay in France at the beginning for 4 days and the last day. We loved the place, small and clean with friendly staff, and a grand piano and small bar in the lobby. We trusted the place, wasn't a giant machine, we were able to really get to know the staff. Rudy, at the front desk was especially helpful with recommendations for hair stylists for the ladies (we loved their French hairdo's when they came back) and eateries that would serve food during the 2:00-4:00 pm period most were closed. We bought a painting by a local artist and asked them to package it and send it home for us. They carefully packed it up (it took 3 trips to the post office and other stores to safely pack it) and sent it home to us. It arrived safely to our delight. We recommend this place highly, and would go back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights in May 2013. Although we had booked a classic room, we were upgraded to the Amelie rooftop suite which was fabulous. The hotel was beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and the staff were fantastic. Augustin on the reception desk was very helpful and although we couldn't check in early, we left our luggage at 10am and by the time we arrived back in the evening it was already in our room. Breakfast was included in our room tariff and was excellent, again with good service. Overall a brilliant experience and we are already planning a return trip.