“Hotel De Banville excellent hotel”
Review of Hotel de Banville

Hotel de Banville
Ranked #211 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Having just spent the past 2 nights at this hotel with my daughter to celebrate her 21st Birthday, I want to share with everyone what a lovely, friendly and fantastic hotel this is. We were booked in a previous hotel and stayed for 1 night, it was truly horrible. We popped into the nearby Hotel De Banville and met the Manager, Rudy. We told him how unhappy we were and asked if a room might be available. He sorted a Premier Room for us at an excellent rate for the remainder of our stay and it was truly lovely. Two beds, beautifully furnished, large room and a huge bathroom, two handbasins and a fabulous shower. Rudy and another manager, who's name I didn't get couldn't have been more helpful. If you want to stay in a classy, professionally run hotel, Hotel De Banville will cover all your expectations. I will be visiting it again soon.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, next to the lift, this didn't cause any problems.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel de Banville

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel twice during our 10 day stay in France at the beginning for 4 days and the last day. We loved the place, small and clean with friendly staff, and a grand piano and small bar in the lobby. We trusted the place, wasn't a giant machine, we were able to really get to know the staff. Rudy, at the front desk was especially helpful with recommendations for hair stylists for the ladies (we loved their French hairdo's when they came back) and eateries that would serve food during the 2:00-4:00 pm period most were closed. We bought a painting by a local artist and asked them to package it and send it home for us. They carefully packed it up (it took 3 trips to the post office and other stores to safely pack it) and sent it home to us. It arrived safely to our delight. We recommend this place highly, and would go back again.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights in May 2013. Although we had booked a classic room, we were upgraded to the Amelie rooftop suite which was fabulous. The hotel was beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and the staff were fantastic. Augustin on the reception desk was very helpful and although we couldn't check in early, we left our luggage at 10am and by the time we arrived back in the evening it was already in our room. Breakfast was included in our room tariff and was excellent, again with good service. Overall a brilliant experience and we are already planning a return trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We will be back to Hotel de Banville again; without question. The most
important quality of a hotel to me is the service it provides and the service
here is unmatched. This last stay, end of April, 2013, was our second in one
year and I was pleased to see that not only were most of the staff members,
including the Manager Romain, still there, but they also remembered us by face and name.
While everyone was extremely helpful, the night manager, Rudy, was exceptionally
so. My wife and myself did not spend much time in the hotel during the day as we
were out seeing the sights and enjoying the local restaurants. So, having been away
during the day the night time was best for us to arrange for things to do the following
days and that is where Rudy came in to help. I must add that everything that was
arranged, happened flawlessly and did not need to be followed up on or double
checked by us. In addition, after our first day walking around Paris, upon our return to Hotel de Banville, Rudy welcomed my us back with a drink voucher for the hotel bar which
is nestled in the corner of the beautiful lobby equipped with a baby grand piano which
I enjoyed listening to my wife play.
In addition to the exceptional service that Hotel de Banville provides, it is centrally
located - three km walk to the Arch de Triumph, wonderful restaurants and cafe's within
a stones throw, two wine shops across the street ( I recommend the family owned wine shop
next to the cheese shop), a cheese shop around the corner, and
a boulangerie (bakery) next to that. Also, the world famous Paris Metro is a two
minute walk from this hotel.
Enjoy your stay and don't miss this Parisian gem.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here from April 25 until May 2nd; we celebrated our three year wedding anniversary and my birthday in Paris. We not only had an amazing time in Paris, but we also had an amazing stay at Hotel de Banville. We arrived at about 10.30-11.00 am and we were greeted by the front desk manager, Roman. He knew who we were and advised, without even asking, that our room had been put on a priority list and we would be able to be in the room in about 45 minutes. He made us feel like we were the only guests at the hotel and was beyond helpful, and friendly. He showed us where some major cafe's and shops were, gave us some excellent tips and pointers about sightseeing and the metro, and then asked us why we were staying. When we arrived back from a walk around the area, and the most amazing Crème brûlée from Villa Pereire at 116 Boulevard Pereire, a five minute walk from the hotel, Roman handed us our keys and a voucher for two glasses of champagne to celebrate our anniversary! Our bags were already in the room and it was beautiful, spotless and comfortable. Everything about this hotel was fanastic, we have zero complaints! Every staff member we encountered was pleasant and helpful, many of the front desk agents were extremely helpful with our questions and they are beyond friendly and courteous. We didn't sample any food as we were eager to live the cafe life in Paris, I do recommend at least one visit to Monoprix as well, but we had a few drinks from the bar and they were delicious..especially the signature drink.

I highly recommend this hotel as it is:
-Clean
-Comfortable
-Stylish
-Beautifully Decorated
-Staffed with knowledgeable and courteous people
-Close to two metro stations-within a five minute walk
-Surrounded by amazing cafe's, bakeries and stores
-A 10-15 minute walk to the Arc and Champs-Élysées

Well worth every penny; we shall be back again! Thank you for an amazing stay, Hotel De Banville!!

Room Tip: We had a standard room on the back of the hotel which overlooked the court yard and it was perfect...
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here two nights, one night in Marie and second night in Rosalie. Marie is really cool, the view of the Eiffel tower is worth the price.
Rosalie is also a lovely room, much smaller, and faces the courtyard on a lower floor . It got hot in there, and we opened the window and could hear a lot of pigeon activity.
Bathrooms are clean and large .
The hotel was under renovation when we got there, which would have been good to know beforehand, but it was not disruptive.
The desk personnel were just amazing; my son and I were leaving for the airport and had planned to take the Metro. We had a problem with ticket buying, returned to Hotel de Banville and the young man (can't remember his name, which is too bad because he really was great) quickly got us a shuttle. I stupidly didn't know which terminal our flight left from, so our hero at the desk called (as we were enroute to the airport) the airline, sorted out the terminal, then called our shuttle driver to tell him where to go. Nice!
The breakfast seemed expensive for what you got, I didn't get that. There's a bakery right up the street (go out of the hotel, take a left, walk about a block) that had a large selection of breads and sandwiches.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2013

In harmony with many other reviews on here, I want to say thank you to the Hotel de Banville for a wonderful stay. I proposed to my girlfriend and took her to Paris for a surprise weekend, and the hotel was PERFECT for this occasion. We had an amazing room, "Prelude" which was clean, spacious, romantic and with a stunning bathroom.

The staff are first rate; polite, courteous, professional and with excellent English. Don't bother to book restaurants - they recommended several excellent ones to suit our budget, and the areas we wanted to visit.

This hotel is excellent, one of the best I have ever stayed in, in a quiet and beautiful neighbourhood with excellent transport links.

As we left the owner of the hotel, a very pleasant lady, came and personally asked us how our stay was, in English! This shows what the hotel is all about - personal touch, high levels of service and real Parisian class. Superb.

Room Tip: Booked through Secret Escapes, great deal, stayed in a superior room called Prelude, worth it if you...