“Good but not excellent”
Review of Hotel de Banville

Hotel de Banville
Ranked #277 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had very high expectations of this hotel due to the reviews and website but was a little dissapointed.

The location was great. Close to the metro, nice cafes and restaurants local and was safe at night. We came in on the eurostar and it was 15 euros for a cab to the hotel.

The room was a bit dissapointing. We were on the 6th floor and although the room was a good size with a sweet little balcony it was not in great shape. There were scuff marks down the walls and some wallpaper was pealing. The tiles in the shower were not very clean and there was hair on the sink. For the money you pay to stay here I would have expected it to be clean and tidy.

The staff were really friendly and helpfull. We were there over easter and they left easter eggs on the pillows which was a nice touch.

Breakfast was outstanding with plenty of choice and all top quality ingredients.

WIFI was faultless and public areas of the hotel were pristine.

Overall it was a good stay but they should ensure the rooms are a true reflection of the standard advertised on their website to avoid anyone being dissapointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dfitzgerald84

Reviewed April 3, 2013

lovely decoration - great staff (helpful, welcoming)
super convenient (metro 2 mn away)
great value for money for the standards of the hotel
really appreciated the fact that they replaced the fragrance bottle broken when cleaning the room

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I reserved the Amelie room because of the Eiffel Tower view. I did a lot of researching to decide on this room at this particular hotel. I booked directly through the hotel site and got a confirmation. Upon arrival I was told the room was not available. The staff said they would have notified me, but I never got an email about it and have even checked my spam folder.

The second issue was with the transportation fee from the airport. The site lists 55 euros, but upon arrival I was told it was 75! The staff at the counter even tried to say that meant "from 55." How can it be from 55 when they know exactly where they are going?! It's the hotel's own shuttle! If the website is wrong, making a change would be simple.

So those are my two beefs with this place. The room I ended up with was okay, but I wouldn't stay here again. I think there are better deals and hotels that run a tighter ship. I also used Inter-Shuttle to bring me back to the airport since the hotel's service is overpriced.

Room Tip: The Amelie room is supposed to be the best. Unfortunately I didn't get to see it..
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hotel de banville is a quaint, simplistic and very comfortable place to stay in Paris. The metro is a two minute walk in the northern part of Paris. We took a pleasant 35 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower the first day and then decided to take the metro into the center of the city the following days. The street where the hotel is located is lined with a frommagery, wine shop and pharmacy among the apt. and offices. Just one street away is a mini plaza where there are a few restaurants and shops. I have to say that it was a perfect stay minus the renovations that are being done and the slow tiny elevator, which we managed to get stuck in for 2 minutes.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Denisewasmer
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed here twice in March for business in Paris and cannot rate the hotel highly enough. The staff were all friendly, helpful and excellent - and they persevered with my pigeon French, giving me spot-on cafe/restuarant tips and ordering transport. Rooms are comfortable and surprisingly quiet at night given the road outside. The breakfast is expensive but the buffet is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank grimbo22
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Nice hotel conveniently situated. A lot of good restaurants around.
The staff is very friendly.
Good free internet in the rooms (WiFI)
Excellent value for money
.---------------------------- --------------------------------

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Olivier D
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Last night in Paris. Had to write a review on this great hotel. I was worried about not knowing French but the staff spoke great English and were so helpful. They went out of their way to help us find what we where looking for. Even stepping outside to point us in the right direction.
We stayed in the Paul room which was very comfy and very clean. We could see the top of the Eiffel Tower at night. We slept with the window open which allowed the sounds of Paris in but the quiet neighborhood let us sleep.
The metro and RER where a short walk and the neighborhood was safe and filled with great restaurants. Everywhere had English menus and everyone was very nice.
I found this place on trip advisor and will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013