“The room made our Parisian experience complete!”
Review of Hotel de Banville

Hotel de Banville
Ranked #294 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel was great. It's a little further out from the center of things, but it was never more than a quick cab ride or metro ride to anywhere you needed to go. There is a metro station on the same block so it's very convenient. If you want a ride, I highly suggest downloading the iphone app Uber and using their drivers. We did that all over the city, especially in crowded areas and it was fantastic. The hotel itself is in a quiet location for the most part, but you can walk down the street to the circle and there's lots of restaurants right in that immediate area.

The lobby wasn't anything special, IMO, but the staff was very friendly. When we checked in, the gentleman behind the desk gave us a map and pointed out all kinds of things for us and gave us travel advice. He was very friendly and helpful. The elevator is teeny tiny, but we never had a wait for it and it ran perfectly fine. The room service was extremely quick as well. Food was good and they always had it to us within 10-20 minutes.

If you're looking to impress the person you're with, I highly recommend what I was surprised with. Apparently when you book the hotel online, you can add in "extras" to be waiting for you. When we walked in our room, i had the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers and champagne waiting for us. It truly was a spectacular way to jump start the trip with romance.

We were fortunate enough to stay in Marie's Apartment for our room. I cannot say enough good things about this room. It was HUGE! Spacious walk in closet, great bedroom, great living room, separate toilet, etc. The best thing about this room was the Eiffel Tower view and the Arc de Triomphe view from the private balcony and the large picture window. The balcony is not very big...it fits just two chairs on it. But with a direct view of the Eiffel Tower you really can't complain. If you want a bigger balcony and smaller room, I will direct you to the Amelie room. That balcony has a table in addition to the two chairs. So it just depends on what is more important to you. My only complaint about the room is that there is no traditional shower. There is a tub with a shower handle, but it is not attached to a wall, so it makes taking a quick shower rather difficult. I think the idea is that you are supposed to take a bath and then just use the shower head to rinse, but we are not a bath taking couple. So that was the only issue we had with the room. Also, they gave shampoo but no conditioner, so just be mindful of that and bring your own if you need it.

There were tons of plugs all throughout the room and the best part is that there is free wireless internet. It is always a big perk that a hotel has free wireless. There is also a well-stocked mini bar. If you are with someone that can't walk up stairs, this is not the room for them. The elevator only goes up to the floor below. So you need to take one flight of stairs up to your room. This isn't a big deal, but if someone in your party can't take stairs, you probably don't want to stay on this top floor room.

When you leave the hotel can arrange a car for you that is 55 euro from the hotel to the airport. This was very helpful and we got there very quickly.

Overall, we had a great experience at this hotel and would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Marie's Apartment and Amelie room have amazing views of the Eiffle Tower from the balconies.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cali S

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel de Banville last week as our last stop on a 2 week roadtrip. Having become engaged during the holiday the hotel was a suprise (I was expecting to go to the Etap!) and I was delighted to walk into the lobby (despite not being dressed for such surroundings!). The receptionist was lovely and directed us to a car park, it wasn't cheap but it was secure and we didn't have to worry about meters. We stayed in the superior Prelude room which was beautiful :)

We walked into Paris from there and had breakfast at a patisserie across the street.

I just wish we could've stayed longer - although I am hoping for a return visit to celebrate the anniversary of our engagement!

1  Thank kate_bindotti
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during our honeymoon. The room was absolutely gorgeous, with a little balcony looking out toward the Eiffel Tower on the top floor of the building.
We found the staff were all very warm and welcoming and even offered us 2 complimentary glasses of champagne.
The room was beautifully and tastefully decorated and very clean & comfortable - even had little chocolates left on our pillows of an evening! We stayed in the "Amelie" room.
The location is in a nice area, approximately 20 minutes to walk to the Arc D'Triomphe and there is also a metro station approx 5 minutes from the hotel. A taxi to the Eiffel tower was around 12 euros.
Free wireless internet was available in the room and there were lots of gorgeous little restaurants nearby.
Would definately recommend this hotel and would come back!

Room Tip: Amelie Room was GORGEOUS!
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I've been staying at the Hotel de Banville since 2000. I've seen it go from three stars to four stars with upgrades to rooms, the lobby and everything in between. I loved it since day one and still love it. The lobby is welcoming and features a grand piano which the owner takes advantage of with live music weekly. Maryann, the owner, is a trained singer and brings her pianist in and they play for several hours. Check the day of the week because it has recently changed. This is only one aspect of the uniqueness of the hotel. The corridors, with their marble flooring and recessed floor lighting are evidence of the meticulousness taken when designing the hotel. The rooms are each decorated in their own style with various layouts. I like the rooms that face the courtyard, but that's a personal taste. I can't say enough about how wonderful this hotel is...the staff, the breakfast, the warmth, the rooms, the design. All top notch. And to top that off, it's situated within steps of the metro Porte de Champerret, and walking distance to the Arc de Triomphe.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ginnycain
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a little over than 2 years now, so I haven´t been able to put on the actual date I was in, I´m only able to review it now, because at the time I wasn´t a tripadvisor user, nevertheless, I hope my review is still useful today to you all.

I loved this hotel, since from the beggining, I wasn´t so sure about it, it was my first time in Paris, and I have had some suggestions to stay at but wound up chosing this over a couple of others, and don´t regret a bit.

The staff is extremely friendly, they really go any lengths to please the customers. I well remember one time that the elevator wasn´t all right, (and this was one of their shortcomings) and then somebody from the staff had just volunteered to ride up with me, just to be there in case anything went wrong, and I thought that was unbelievable, I was amazed at such good will, courtesy, they are really there for their customers.

As a matter of fact, even before I checked in, I was treated like a real valued customer, I was in Spain, and had such a terrible time there that I decided to abbreviate my stay in Madrid and go to Paris, so that I would arrive earlier than expected. I rang up the hotel and told them about my situation, they never posed a problem and looked like they were really looking forward to receiving me, they told me that they would arrange a room for me, to accomodate my family and myself one day prior to my estimated check-in date, now, is this really something or what?

Besides, whenever I needed help they went a further mile to aid me, I didn´t speak many French at the time, so the employees even made notes in French so that I could present them to the places I went and get the things I needed. They also acted as tourism guides, filling me in with details, giving me precious tips, I´ll never forget my stay in Paris and this Hotel will always play a special part in that, no doubt.

The Hotel was located just a minute´s walk from either train stations, subway stations or bus stops, so that I could virtually go to any place in town I wanted. I even went to Versailles and Anet, a lovely small city over 80 Km from Paris, well worth visiting!

They don´t have a restaurant, however, breakfast is served at the lobby, atop of the Piano, and that was just perfect, very stylish indeed! Breakfast is very good, with orange juice, tea or coffe, milk, several muffins, croissants, nutellas etc. People who serve it is way too nice, and let you have an extra glass of anything for free, with a big smile on!

On the down side, the elevator failed for a couple of times, as already mentioned, after all, this is an old building, but remodelled and renewed, and in addition to that, the bathroom has no curtains so that after you finishing taking a rather excellent shower, you find out that all the floor is wet, and simply there´s no way to prevent it, unless you only take a bath, instead of a shower.

As a plus, every Tuesday night (mardi soir) the owner, Madame Marianne Moreau, who also happens to be a singer, indulge herself in a delightful presentation, right there on the hall, with the same piano that we use as a table for breakfast! This is really awesome! M. Moreau sings both French songs and world music, with an astounding repertoir. Guests are welcome to sing! As a matter of fact, she invites several acquaintances of her over to sing and play with her, this is just unmissable! I suggest that even if you decide to not stay at this hotel, come over Tuesday night for a real thrilling soirée!

Another suggestion is to buy M Moreau´s cd, which is right at the front desk, you won´t regret it at all, it´s a disc you won´t find anywhere else but there, and it really has some amazing songs, like the one M. Moreau did to pay homage to Véronique Sanson, a well distinguished French singer, namely A SANSON, this is simply one of the most beautiful songs I´ve ever heard, and it also served to teach me a lot of French! You can get a glimpse of the songs if you visit the Hôtel de Banville official site at the internet, it´s well worth it. All in all, I highly reccomend this hotel for anyone, and I just hope you can have a wonderful sejournée like I just happened to have had!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank Claudio R
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed in sup rooms, which were boutique with lots of character. Good Metro link into city or within walking distance if you're feeling fit. Will use again next time we're in Paris.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank A H
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Not a great deal to add to what others have already said. A lovely boutique hotel in a nice part of Paris, about 20 mins walk from The Arc de Triumph. Close to the metro, so easy to get around and surrounded by good quality, reasonable restaurants. Staff very obliging generally. We had a standard room and it was quaint and very French in design, but not as nice as those on the hotel web site, Spotlessly clean with quality bedding etc., though the WC in the tiny corner cupboard was a bit odd. Bathroom good with deep bath, hand shower and overhead shower, soft towels and plenty of hot water. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: personally I would not pay extra to upgrade.
3  Thank golferDurham