“Magical stay at Hotel Bassano”
Review of Hotel Bassano

Hotel Bassano
Ranked #980 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My daughter and I just returned home after a wonderful stay in this perfectly located hotel in Paris. We were originally booked into another hotel, but due to maintenance problems, we were contacted while in Italy on our holiday and Hotel Bassano was offered . As our options to look into others was limited as we were already on our holiday, we went with the offer . So glad we did!

It was centrally located, virtually 3 minutes walk to then Arc De Triumph and Champs Elysees , 10 minutes to the Eiffel Tower, many wonderful restaurants within minutes walks, not on the Champs Elysees so a little cheaper but even better food in our opinion. If you stay there, and like Middle eastern food, try Noura, so good we went twice and also Chez Andre on Rue Marbouf.

The staff were wonderful, I don't speak French, so their perfect English was a blessing. All my questions were answered in full, leaving me knowing everything I needed for directions, catching Metro's etc. Everyone greeted you with a smile and a happy greeting and you felt it was genuine.

Now, for the rooms. Everyone talks about small rooms in Europe, so I was prepared for a tight squeeze between my daughters and my bags filling the room. Well, I was surprised. When we walked in, there was a little hall with shelves up high to store things( my shoes and our toiletries bags went there) plus a safe, bar fridge and hanger area for clothes and a large drawer down low to put clothes or whatever you wish. It had a separate toilet room, then came the large bathroom with a beautiful big bath and a separate shower.

The rooms were always cleaned early, so if you came back for a rest early in the afternoon you never had to worry about the room not being serviced, it was always done in the morning. They even had a turn down service in the evening which was so lovely, towels changed twice daily so you had clean towels for your morning showers. Everything was spotlessly cleaned, the beds so comfortable made me wish my bed at home was so inviting!

I did not consume goods in the mini bar as I bought my own refreshments from a little store conveniently located 30 seconds away literally, but they had a nice choice in the mine fridge if you wanted something.

So, do yourself a favour, this little boutique hotel is a true gem, worth what I paid, this was the third stop in my European vacation, and the best hotel we stayed in! When I come back to Paris, I won't even consider anywhere else, this was the perfect hotel in our opinion, do consider it .

The staff were just so friendly and wonderful. Nothing was a problem to ask and they made sure I understood everything. Their English was perfect which made it so easy for me.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 41, saw another room that was ok for two people, but our configuration was better...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Booked in here on a business trip, so not sure what rate was paid. The standard rates looked frightening, but I suspect a much lower rate was paid.

It's a small place, with few 'proper' facilities, for example, no real bar. The breakfast room downstairs is actually quite nice, and the service and food selection quite ok, but nothing startling. Par for the course though in such establishments.

I was allocated a double room on the top floor, and as others have noted, this means taking the small and slow lift up to the 5th floor, and walking up to the 6th. Not a problem and adds to the charm, but slightly odd for an expensive hotel.

The room was squashed into the roof space, so unusually laid out with little outside view. However it was well furnished and equipped, and had a quality vibe.

The hotel is well positioned close the city centre hot spots, but in a quiet back street.

I'd be happy to go stay there again, I'm sure you can do a lot worse.

Room Tip: If you need full lift access, don't get a room on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2013

It was a very pleasant stay. The staff was very well trained and friendly.
Rooms are very clean and it was really nice decorated.

They give extra service and treat there guests very well.

Location was perfect. Very close to the Eifel Tower and i little walk to the Christmas market.
I will definitly go back when i will return to Paris for a trip.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 22 and i loved it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Well trained staff, service minded and nice people. It started already with an upgrade, what a fantastic spacious, clean and well decorated room. On walking distance to the famous sights in Paris, close to the Champs Elysees, X-mas market, etc. WIFI worked well in the room. Excellent breakfast buffet. Parking on walking distance from the hotel. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We spend in this hotel the last weekend.
Thus hotel is just perefect!!
the rooms are big and very nice designed.
all the cosmetics are from l'occitane.
the room is cleaned twice a day.
the Breakfast is just perfect, and the staff is very nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very beautiful stylish boutique hotel (also included in Alain Ducasse "Chateaus and Hotels 2013" with prices starting 195euros per single room. Modern design, clean and spacious rooms, nice cosmetics (L'Occitane), nice amenities.Very silent rooms, considering the 10min walking distance from Eiffel Tower, Etoile, Musee Galliera etc.The things missing were only bathrobe, a detached hairdryer that could be used at the mirror and not in the middle of the room where it was attached to the cupboard, and wine in the mini-bar.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a superior room on the top floor overseeing the sky, very top of the Eiffel Tower...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kkatriina
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We booked a double room, and the staff were kind enough to upgrade us. We loved everything in the room, especially the complimentary macarons! Spotless clean spacious room with nice colours. the location is perfect, just minutes from Champs Elysees and an underground station.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple