“Represented very good value”

Mercure Paris Tour Eiffel Pont Mirabeau
Ranked #670 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've rated the hotel as 4 as it was very reasonably priced for Paris, otherwise I would have tended more towards 3. Rooms were well appointed, clean, spacious and comfortable. The location next to the RER and Metro was excellent and it was only a 10 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower. There were also a couple of local squares nearby with bars, restaurants and shops (including Starbucks and McDonalds if that's your thing!).
The hotel didn't have a restaurant and though I didn't try it the room service menu was very limited and expensive. There was no hotel lobby or comfortable bar area either. Continental breakfast was available but I opted to eat out each morning. Overall I was pretty satisfied.

Room Tip: I would avoid the 2 rooms on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Mercure Paris Tour Eiffel Pont Mirabeau

Reviewed November 3, 2012

A decent hotel for a few days stay.

The Pros:
Clean modern rooms, a little small but perfectly acceptable - very comfortable bed.
Reasonable location with Metro and RER stations very close giving good access to the rest of Paris.
Safe neighbourhood with some good restaurants (Sawadee and Oh Duo!) and cafes within easy walking distance.
Friendly and helpful staff

The Cons:
Breakfast costs €17 per head - go to a nearby cafe for half the price.
No real public areas in the hotel (bar, lounge, etc) so your stuck with your room.
No BBC or CNN on the television - didn't come to Paris to watch TV but I like to catch up with the news.
Wifi is slow but free.
Constant low level noise and vibration from the Metro (we were on the second floor)

Would probably try somewhere else next visit but this hotel is OK.

Room Tip: The upper floors may suffer less from the noise and vibration of the Metro.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pengaman
Maryline D, Directeur at Mercure Paris Tour Eiffel Pont Mirabeau, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive comments. These will certainly enable us to enhance the quality of our service to exceed the expectations of our guests.
We apologize for the problem with the TV which has been repaired.
Concerning the breakfast, we also provide an "Express&co breakfast". You can enjoy a simple breakfast : a hot drink, an orange juice, two pastries or bread, butter and jam for 8€.

We hope this experience will not impair your trust in our hotel and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and had a wonderful stay. The room was very clean and modern. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke excellent English. The Metro and RER stations are just outside the hotel which was great. The room was very quite we didn’t once hear noise from other guests. We didn’t have breakfast in the hotel as there were some nice places locally where you can get cakes and coffees etc. This really is a great hotel and I would definitely stay here again.
If you are 25 or under take some ID with you and you can get into many attractions for free, we saved lots of money by taking our driving licence with us. The Airport is a nightmare, if you are getting the Metro/RER into Paris take some change with you as the machines do not take notes. It does take a while to get through to departure so leave in plenty of time. One thing to add is watch your bags in popular tourist areas I am extremely careful however some young girl did try to pickpocket me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

So this hotel is not the worst, but it's not the best either. It's definitely not a 4 star though (or whatever it claims to be).

The good:
comfortable bed
clean room (although I did find a rolled up pair of socks that were not mine lying on the floor - makes me wonder about the quality of the cleaning staff)
Lovely balcony
Privilege room includes non-alcoholic beverages in room
Coffee maker included
Metro literally across the street
The reception staff are exceedingly friendly

The not so good:
Cleaning staff are extremely rude
It's not the most central hotel (then again, that probably accounts for the price)
The room smells stale
Shampoo not replaced on second day
CNN and BBC do not work on television (although the list of channels claims to offer both...)
Mini bar items (which are included with room price) not replaced
Coffee pods replaced with decaf coffee (Is this a ploy to convince me to pay 18 euros for their buffet breakfast?? A tad suspicious...)
Only one elevator - this is exceptionally slow when the cleaning staff are also using it. The hotel needs a service elevator. Guests should not be forced to wait for cleaning staff. That's absurd.
When the people in the room next door enter/exit their room, it sounds like they are trying to come into my room. As a single female, that makes me feel unsafe.
The internet is the SLOWEST I've ever encountered. There is no excuse for slow internet in this day and age. I think dial up would be faster...

I really wanted to love this hotel. I'm ok with the location since it seems safe and is easy to access via the metro. The reception staff are very friendly and I've stayed in other Mercure hotels and really like the brand. This particular hotel is more like a boutique hotel, which I like. However, the lack of attention to detail - such as failing to replace mini bar items and shampoo, as well as replacing regular coffee with decaf coffee, make this hotel seem cheap. If I pay for a privilege room, then I except access to such privileges every day - not just these privileges on the first day. Also, the room is incredibly small. I'd hate to see the size of the non-privilege rooms. I've stayed in a Mercure privilege room in Berlin that was 4 times the size - the picture on Mercure's website is very deceiving.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. I don't appreciate skimping on details. It's deceiving and I don't like being deceived.

Room Tip: As for a room on a low floor. The elevator is wayyyy too slow.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JLDEB82

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about your recent experience. I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay and I thank you for addressing your concerns on the room and amenities. Clearly, we were not performing to our usual standards during your stay, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our managers.
We really look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a totally new experience.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I and another couple stayed here for four nights in September 2012 as part of a five-week European holiday. I have to stay straight up that this hotel exceeded all our expectations ... and then some. It's what I would classify as a boutique hotel, with only some 50 rooms on just a handful of floors. It has been extensively and tastefully remodelled and refurbished. It is small, cosy, clean and comfortable.

The room was a Privilege room on the 6th floor. It had two small balconies and looked out over greenery to the River Seine. It was also much larger than I was expecting. The furniture was modern, tasteful and in very good repair. There is very little noise at night, as the area is semi-professional and the offices all empty about 6.00 pm. The only noise you will hear is the subway ... occasionally. Even then it's more on a subconscious level ... a faint, deep rumble that just registers. Also on the plus list is the separate toilet (not stuck in the middle of the bathroom), wifi in the room, and wonder of wonders a pod-type coffee maker in the room!

Breakfast is buffet-style in a small but clean and comfortable dining room. There was fruit, cereal, toast, eggs, bacon and some of the best breakfast sausages I have ever eaten. And good, strong, freshly-made coffee ... and that gets a big thumbs-up from us!

There are a handful of small restaurants nearby, but we didn't find these particularly cheap, compared to other places. In fact, they were almost Perth prices. But the wine was good -- even the house wines are "superior". There is also a small Chinese restaurant close by; a nice change. There's a small grocer/supermarket within 50 metres which sells the basics for a meal (fruit, bread, cheese, cold meats) as well as beer and wine at very reasonable prices. In the street behind the hotel is a much larger IGA-style supermarket which stocked just about anything you could need -- and again, a great range of beer and wines from all around the world. Just nearby is a self-service laundrette; very modern and clean. And of course, as has been mentioned, there are two rail stations no more than three minutes' walk away.

Speaking of walking, the Eiffel Tower is an easy stroll of about 25-30 minutes. You can actually cut down to the Seine and walk along the promenade there if you prefer, then cut back to the Tower. At the Tower there is a hop-on, hop-off bus stop. This is a great way to cover the most ground if you have limited time.

I cannot think of any valid criticism of the Mercure, except perhaps it's not cheap. But that is only to be expected ... the words "cheap accommodation" and "Europe" don't belong together in the same sentence. We'd go back to the Mercure and I have no hesitation recommending it to my relatives and friends.

Room Tip: The higher rooms see over the trees to the Seine.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bruce in West Oz
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at Mercure for two nights in Sep 2012. The rooms are quite spacious for Paris and are very clean and cosy. Love the shower stand in particular. The receptionists are extremely friendly and helpful. Great location. Super close to metro. Slightly expensive for what you get but overall very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We spent a week in Paris, staying in the Mercure Mirabeau. We booked this hotel since the other Mercure we wanted was fully booked and they referred us to their Mirabeau property. It was an excellent referral. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We booked three rooms but had a last minute cancellation for one of them, and although they didn't have to, they refunded us for the charges!
The hotel is very stylish and extremely clean. The rooms are an ok size for a midtown hotel in Europe and our room (Superior) had an excellent view of the river.
The hotel is located right next to a Metro station which is extremely important and also has many restaurants around it. We ended up going out every night to a different one around the hotel. There are also several Cafes which we enjoyed. Many of them are open late.
For breakfast we went out and bought pastries in one of the Boulangeries close to the hotel.

Additional nice things about the hotel: free internet and also a desktop and printer in the lobby which was useful to check in to our flights.

Overall I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Superior rooms have a nice view but are more expensive. The rooms facing the courtyard don't get...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family