“Non non non”

Hotel Pershing Hall
Ranked #1,160 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Pershing Hall has it all wrong. It's a bad hotel. There is one plus however and that is the restaurant with their famous and beautiful landmark of the hanging garden. Great! Now that's a nice place, but that's the restaurant - not the hotel. For the hotel? Vomit... puke... brrr, don't do it. It's (the wrong) posh paradise... tasteless, no service, bad design, arrogant doorman, no no no

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Mister M
There are newer reviews for Hotel Pershing Hall

Reviewed May 11, 2012

I read the other reveiws, so I called to make sure we were on a high floor. I did not hear any noise, which was great... I was worried about that.
The room (a junior suite) was very nice, at first glance. The plumbing was a nightmare. The shower wouldn't drain, and the tub shower was so dangerously high and slippery to get in and out of, someone could literally get killed.( I don't think the staff would care.)The bed was absolutely awesome and comfy.
You get the feeling at this hotel that they don't want you there. No one was EVER behind the desk. We walked in after dinner one night, and the security guard almost didn't let us in...he was like, yes, what can I do for you? (uhh.... we are staying here.) The service is if anything, UNHELPFUL. I asked the woman to help me find a large store within the chain of stores throughout the city. She sent me to La Defense to a huge mall (not even in the city) and it was so hard to find, that my friend and I gave up. We lost about $50 in cab rides and wasted half a day. I was fuming.When I asked her other questions the day before, she talked to me as if I was a complete idiot, I actually lived in Paris for 6 months and come twice a year, and speak pretty decently, so she didn't have to explain to me that a Rue was a street.It was insulting. Seriously, don't stay here. I have been in $400 a night hotels that are soooooooo much better!!!! The location is obviously amazing, but I did miss being able to walk to get a reasonably priced meal, so it was good and bad. Would never stay here again. If you are looking for an amazing, red carpet experience, stay at the Georges V.

Room Tip: high floors!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrea L
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Beautiful building. By all means go here to eat and drink - pricey but very smart and filled with Parisian high society. The place to see and be seen.

The hotel aspect is poor. Amateurish and not overly friendly staff - an example, the doorman was often chatting with the other stsff and completely ignoring guests. Tired rooms, fashionably dingy corridors. Lots of noise from the bar late into the night. Way overpriced. As had been said before, focussed on being trendy, not on giving hotel guests the best service.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank PhilipDunmow
Reviewed March 13, 2012

The restaurant was poorly lit and couldn't even see what we was ordering or eating.
The completely over priced steak was nothing but fat, poor over cooked dry chicken served with cold mash and chips. All in all this restaurant was not worth the 180 euros for 2 people, Never again.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Jamesian
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stayed as a couple in October. Really trendy tooking, great position, we found the staff excellent. Fabulous indoor courtyard, great spot for breakfast (even though the food at breakfast was 'just' OK).
The real problem here is the noise from the bar at night. If you are staying on the lower floors, the noise is unbearable. We stayed on the top floor and had no issue, nice room, noise no problem. If you are booking there stay on the upper floor.
Other issue is price. Our room was nice, but cost as much (rack rate) as a room at the George Cinq just around the corner. The George Cinq is one of the great hotels of Paris, Pershing Hall is certainly not, hence I could not justify the price.
Facilities are OK, excellent fast free wireless internet, better than any hotel I have previously stayed at. Most staff bilingual (English) and we found them helpful.
If I could ensure an upper room, I would stay there again, but not at the price listed

Room Tip: Get a top floor room away from the noise !!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LyndhurstPrahran
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I was looking forwar for my vacation ! But I had the worst two night. The air conditioner wasnt working . I ask the reception to fix it But they didnt do anything,not even appology! this is my second night without air-condition, and for my bad luck the weather Is so hot.

Room Tip: Can't sleep for two night , the a/c wasn't working
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Rawya K
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Pershing Hall is not a hotel but a disco with rooms! We booked in for five nights but had to leave. Every night until 2am loud beat music is played in the bar and, as the hotel is a converted house, the bar is only a couple of floors below. The noise is enhanced by the fact that in dry weather the roof over the inner courtyard is retracted and the sound becomes much louder. The Assistant Manager told us that ‘yes, this happens every night, it is what the hotel is known for’ and she was powerless to do anything about it. She was very helpful in finding us another hotel – which actually was better and cheaper – but do not stay here if you want a restful night!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple