“Great hotel, great service, great location...”

Hotel Le Clos Medicis
Ranked #386 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, great service, great location...”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

A genuine three star hotel set in the heart of the buzzing latin quarter. My wife and I were welcomed warmly and the service was exceptional throughout our stay. The room was compact but really well appointed and comfortable. Brilliant location less than ten minute walk from Notre Dame. Would not hesitate in recommending it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank John K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Krk Island, Croatia
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Being so close to Jardin du Luxemburg gives this hotel his first star. The second star is deserved for a kind people who work there, who really are @ your disposition all the time. Third star is for a nicely arranged, small rooms, which hopefully have a window that looks towards something interesting. I'll add in that third star also a very nice lobby. Fourth star could be the fact that you are situated in quite nice small street that is swarming with restaurants. I think @ least 4 japaneze - chinese restaurants in the street where hotel is situated, plus some french ones, plus a cinema...and it is not a long street. The fifth star is for the name and the fact that you can have breakfast, or late night cap in a small - open space in the middle of a hotel, where sitting and reading a book, you can really, for a second, sense one of the Medici family enjoying their Italian time in Paris.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Andrej S
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed September 4, 2012

It was quite difficult to choose among hundreds of Paris hotels but I never regretted that I have chosen this one. The stuff was very nice, smiling, polite and helpful, and they allowed me to make early check-in the morning I arrived. The garden for breakfast is very nice, my room (deluxe room) was quite comfortable for 1 person. Breakfast is not very rich but products are of a very good quality and everyone can find something for his taste. Location is just great, St Michel boulevard is 20 meters away, Luxembourg gardens are just around the corner, Notre Dame cathedral: Seine river and metro stations are 5-10 minutes walk, Louvre museum is 15 minutes walk, district is very safe, you can easily get anywhere from there. If I come to Paris again I will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Olena709
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I was here during the French presidential elections, and the place was filled with senators who were in Paris awaiting the results. The whole feel of this hotel is great. The lobby area is cozy and is definitely a place you feel comfortable lounging about in if you so desire. My room was small (aren't they all in Paris?), but it looked right out on the cinema across the street. The neighborhood is fantastic as you are right at the vortex of several interesting areas: le Luxembourg and le Senat, the Quartier Latin, l'Odeon...all are accessible by foot. If you walk out the front door of the hotel and turn left, near the corner you will find a boulangerie which makes a memorable quiche lorraine. If you turn right, you come to a place that makes Breton crepes and galettes, which are immense and quite satisfying. I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank SheikhDaoud
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel more than satisfied my three day trip to Paris. As I was travelling alone and didn't have any special plans it was perfectly situated for aimless wandering around the 'old' Paris. The breakfast staff were exceptionally friendly and I loved theh courtyard dining. My stay was totally enjoyable, even though it is a little on the expensive side. It was exatly what I wanted out of a small french hotel. My room was sizeable for the city and the bathroom also. It was a little tricky to find as I walked with luggage from the Metro - those angled streets and french names confusing my non-french brain! But worth the search!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Sarah R
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is quite a nice hotel in a nice area. Room was a bit on the small side but still reasonable. Same cannot be said about the elevator which is tiny. I think the maximum occupancy was 6 or 7, but I think they must be referring to children because we had trouble getting the 3 of us in it. On arrival and departure, it took 3 elevator rides to get us and our one bag each to our room and checkout. No coffee or tea facilities in the room, but they will begrudgingly make a cup for you. Or should I say half a cup, then charge you for it. We only had breakfast once at the hotel, that was enough! We arrived about 30 minutes before breakfast stopped. There were no croissants left and I commented to the staff member there, who agreed that there were no croissants left. We had sandwiches instead. 10 minutes after breakfast time was over, a French couple arrived for breakfast and when he commented about croissants, the same staff member quickly raced next door and bought some for them. I later complained about this but didn't get a satisfactory response. We had breakfast the net few days in the cafe a couple of doors from the hotel. Great service, food was excellent, and a great deal cheaper than the hotel. It does not take much to make a good stay a great one. Likewise, it can also turn a good experience into an average one. Staff on reception were varied, the young lady was very good, friendly and helpful, another gentleman more formal, but ok. Then we have the one we named Monsieur Non. It all seemed too much for him and I would definitely recommend a career change for him as hospitality does not seem to his liking. Unfortunately, we had to deal with Monsieur Non most of the time. There is nothing wrong with the hotel or the room, but the service needs to be improved. This hotel was recommended as the one we have used before was fully booked. Next time it is back to the Hotel Des Grandes Ecole for us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ronp1954
ClosMedicis, Directeur général at Hotel Le Clos Medicis, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Sir,
We thank you for your comment regarding your stay with us. We would like first to apologize about the croissant problem, it can happens some croissants are missing on the buffet at end of service but we do go immediately to the bakery getting extra ones. You may have noticed complimentary american coffee is available daily in the lounge from 7am to midday. After breakfast service stops (11am on weekly days, and 12 on week ends), we do provide expresso coffee, this one is charged.
Would you be kind enough for letting us know when you stayed with us as we can investigate on "Mr No" attitude, which seems of course not convenient.
Thank you once more for helping us in improving our service.
Best regards
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed August 13, 2012

For a 3-star hotel in Paris with the Jardin de Luxembourg, the Pantheon and the Notre Dame just arount the corner, I thought this hotel was just lovely... The staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast in the leafy courtyard was relaxing and a wonderful way to start the day and I found my room more than big enough. Hey, the bathroom even provided cotton buds, a manicure set, a shoe polish cloth and soap.. that's something you don't get in every 3-star hotel. The room was also noise-free and the bed very comfy. What more can you want eh ?! I absolutely loved it and will definitely return. Iris. Belgium.

Room Tip: Lovely location, friendly staff, Jardin de Luxembourg around the corner and leafy breakfast courtyar...