“A charming old style hotel, supremely located and lovely staff!”

Hotel Chateaudun Opera
Ranked #1,049 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Vlissingen, The Netherlands
“A charming old style hotel, supremely located and lovely staff!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

On arrival to this hotel, we were warmly greeted by the hotel manager.Our room was perfectly clean, smallish but functional.A sweet balcony overlooking the Rue de Chateaudun gave us a real ambience of Paris life!
Breakfast in the basement was simple, delicious but most importantly plentiful.And again lovely staff!
I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel for the the busy tourist who spends most of their day out and about but wants a reliably clean and hospitable hotel to come home to.
My compliments to the managers, they were kind, friendly and informative.

Room Tip: Probably the highest floor available (level 5) if you are a light sleeper as the rumbling metro is s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank cdenn62

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Slovak first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This was a very good hotel in a really good location about 50 metres to the metro but still in walking distance to some attractions. The staff are really helpful and friendly I would definately recommend this hotel very good value for money we got an excellent deal. The only recommendation I would make is that there is not a mirror in the bedroom and especially if your female you have to wait for the person in the bathroom to be able to put your make up on.

Room Tip: Just make sure you have a mirrow with you as there is not one in the bedroom other wise any room I w...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lizzie280247
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This hotel's bedroom was outdated and needed redecoration BUT the bed was extremely comfortable and the bedding pristine. The bathroom needed upgrading but was clean with plenty of hotel water and clean towels. The breakfast was excellent with a good choice and friendly staff. The concierge was at all times helpful and pleasant but after my husband was taken ill the assistance he gave was superb.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front with an opening door onto a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marian W
Piedimonte Etneo, Italy
Reviewed April 3, 2012

The hotel is not far from Gare du Nord. The reception is very welcoming and helpful.
The room is clean, spacious and warm. Furniture looked nice.
I phoned the reception for a couple of quick room service meals and these were very good and well presented.
The location is perfect. Close to the Galerie la Fayette (for shopping) e L'Opera. Also close to the train station that can take you directly to Versailles. While Eiffel tower and Arc du Triomphe are far and you need to take a taxi.
I went room only, breakfast was extra, but I never tried it.
I would go to this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
ArcAvenuesHotels, Chargé de communication at Hotel Chateaudun Opera, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

We sincerely thank you for the kindness of your comment and have stayed in our hotel.
The team at the hotel Chateaudun Opera wish you an excellent return.

Kind regards,

The Direction
Alton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Just returned from long weekend in this hotel. From the reviews I was feeling a bit wary. Yes the lift is very small, the rooms bit dated. On the plus side staff were polite and helpful, good choice for breakfast. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and you could open the windows. There was always plenty of hot water and the location was superb for getting to the sights. This hotel provides everything you need ( albeit basic in some people's eyes ) to see Paris easily and comfortably.

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank Cathy C
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed January 23, 2012

The hotel is very small indeed, and the hallways and the lift are narrow, but to my nice surprise, the room was clean, there was a big comfortable bed, the bathroom was up to standard, too (big and clean, with all amenities included). Yes, the furniture and the carpet aren't exactly up to the latest fashion trends, but c'mon -if you are searching for luxury,why don't you go straight to the Hilton?? I would definitely stay there again,although two years ago the prices were much lower than what I'm seeing now.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Darina M
Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We, a family of two adults, two teenagers and two children, stayed at this hotel for four nights. We arrived very late, due to flightcomplications and we didn't exactly get what we expected. Instead of a room with 3 beds, we got a SMALL, very hot room with one small bed and mildew on the ceiling. The staffmember said that I had only booked a room for one person, not three persons and showed something on his computer that I didn't quite get since it was in french. When I came home I checked my onlinereservation and it clearly stated that I had ordered a room for 3 people. He acctually expected that we stayed in that horrible room for the night. Good luck fitting two adults and a child in a 120 cm bed. Finally we got an additionalroom after some quarrelling.

One big minus was the lack of minibars or eve a vending machine in the hotel. We were deadthirsty when we arrived. The staffmember gave us a bottle of water for free, thanks for that..

The rooms were shabby and not at all like the pictures but clean (enough).

The elevator deserves a chapter of it's own. Never saw a smaller elevator and the halls were very narrow two. I'm certain that the safety on this hotel is not up to date!

Location, location, location.. What can I say, this hotel is almost perfectly located and is the only reason to why one should pick this hotel! We had a room on the top floor and could acctually see the sacre cour cathedral from the window.

Staff was helpful, except from one guy, the one who wanted us to stay in the small, creepy room.

I understand that the hotelstandard in Paris is poor but this is NOT a 3* hotel! We stayed in an acctual 3* hotel in Norway on our way to Paris and that hotel was a palace compared to hotel ce chateaudune..

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank cbpils

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels