“Excellent stay in a lovely hotel”

Hotel Brighton - Esprit de France
Ranked #170 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent stay in a lovely hotel”
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

We've lived in Paris, used Airbnb to find an apartment and used dozens of hotels there so we know the score - beautiful city, nice hotels but very small rooms and either zero of poor air conditioning. And often noisy.

We usually stay on the left bank but my wife fancied a change and after a fortnight sweltering in a non air conditioned apartment last year we decided aircon was a must, as was quiet,

Hotel Brighton exceeded our quite onerous expectations buy a good degree. The room was charming, with exposed beams and by Parisian standards it was large, certainly bigger than we expected. We chose a room overlooking the courtyard and that, combined with double glazing made it very quiet. The aircon worked perfectly and we had a cool, big, pleasant oasis right opposite the bustling Tuileries halfway between the Louvre and the place de la Concorde.

The staff were lovely and we received a big bowl of fruit plus half a bottle of champagne to celebrate our anniversary.

We never eat breakfast in Paris hotels, we prefer finding cafes, but the bar was pleasant, the drinks reasonable and the Wi-Fi was good.

All in all an excellent 9 day stay. We'll probably return to the left bank on out next visit but will certainly stay here again next time we want to be on the right bank.

We took the second level of room (ie not the cheapest option) and it was worth it. Of course it wasn't cheap but it was good value, especially considering its position next to the Meurice and round the corner from the Ritz and the Crillon which cost 3 times as much.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Frédéric C, Le Directeur at Hotel Brighton - Esprit de France, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear SteeveHallOz,

Thank you very much for your great comment on tripadvisor !

I'm thrilled you enjoyed our stay so much, and our staff mesured up your expectations.

Indeed, our Superior rooms are large for Paris.
And our location is ideally central.

I sincerely look forward to welcome you a next time soon at the Hotel Brighton !

With my warmest regards, .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gdansk, Pomorskie, Poland
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The location is excellent. We enjoyed a room with a view of the Tuilleries Gardens and Eiffel Tower, which was a wonderful feature of this hotel. It's proximity to central Paris and easy access to Louvre Palace and Latin Quarter is the primary reason we chose this hotel. The rooms were a little tired but the location and attentive staff more than made up for this small issue.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Frédéric C, Le Directeur at Hotel Brighton - Esprit de France, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Donat P,

Thank you very much for your nice comment.

I'm sincerely grateful you appreciated the view on the Tuileries garden and the Eiffel Tower from you room !

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you soon again at the Hotel Brighton.

sandiego,california
Reviewed August 16, 2014

After numerous hours of research I chose this hotel based on other guests reviews. The reviewers that took the time to write had better experiences than I did. I was very disappointed by this hotel because it did not initially meet my needs despite that fact that I had booked and requested, both in writing and in face-to-face speaking, a room with twin beds but got a super small and freezing cold room with a double bed that was on the street level with a window looking out to see pedestrians and cars directly out my window. I was incredibly dismayed that after so much prevention they still managed to give my room to another guest while they upgraded my visiting friend to a suite. Why would they give two people staying for three nights such a lame room and upgrade one person, who was recommended by me to stay there for one night, a room that was 4 times bigger than her needs? There was no logic. The hotel staff "attempted" to fix the problem: They supplied an uncomfortable rollaway bed and offered a beverage as a gesture of apology. So while that was certainly gracious they should have offered a reduced price or put us in an upgraded room. That's common practice in hotel industry. They did not. We were able to move into a bigger twin bed room for the other nights of our stay but again the room temperature was like a freezer. On the plus side, you can see the Eiffel Tower in the distance but in front of you there is the street and the ugly amusement park rides with flashing neon lights. You can easily hear all of the cars honking. We had to use the blankets in the closet in August! It was like a youth hostel and my daughter was miserable. I was afraid to complain again so I said nothing. The elevator was near both of our rooms and you can easily hear that plus the traffic, the pedestrians and the amusement park in the garden across the street. On the other hand, you will certainly appreciate the central location of this hotel if your focus is on the museums and landmarks, such as the Louvre, d'Orsay, Orangerie and Eiffel Tower.

Room Tip: The lower floors are very noisy and will look at the street. Your requests don't necessarily ge...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank yougetwhatyougive
Frédéric C, Le Directeur at Hotel Brighton - Esprit de France, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your visit to the Hotel Brighton.

I’m grateful you enjoyed the location closed to the museums, and I’ll be pleased to share with our staff your kind words about them.

I am sorry to read that your visit did not entirely meet your expectations.

I understand that as you requested to change room, you have been upgraded in a larger Deluxe room with the view on the Tuileries garden, with a note and a free drink at the bar to apologize.
I regret the lights of the summer amusement park in the Tuileries garden bothered you.

Concerning the temperature of the room, it’s indeed unusually cold for august so the air conditioned needs to be turned off.

Apparently your friend had the opportunity to upgrade in a Suite room as she was staying only one night and the hotel was fully booked.

Please accept our sincerest apologies and be assured I have followed up with the different teams in order to improve our service.

We wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back and to give you entire satisfaction on your next stay.

I remain at your entire disposal for any assistance.

Monroe Township
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Enjoyed a five day midweek stay at the Brighton. Location, location, location!!! The best! The young staff was amazingly helpful. Their guidance helped me to investigate and discover their intoxicating city of Paris, which I finally returned to after more decades than I would care to mention. Be sure to take advantage of the relationship with 5 star Hotel Meurice just down the Rue de Rivoli from the Brighton. You won't regret the experience!!

Room Tip: I stayed in a small room facing the courtyard. No view, but so what!! Just walk out the door and l...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank ellenlewis
Frédéric C, Le Directeur at Hotel Brighton - Esprit de France, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Ellenlewis,

Thank you so much for your great comment !

I'm trully thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were helpful and gave you good recomendations to disover of Paris.

Be sure I'll share your nice words with the team.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you a next time at the Hotel Brighton.

With kindest regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

The Brighton was great, the staff amazing and helpful and what a location! It was within walking distance to all the main attractions in Paris!
Helps to have the better rooms and make sure you get a room with a view over the Tuileries Gardens (we could see the Lourve, the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Musee d'Orsay, Les Invalides and the Tuileries Gardens)!

Worth every cent! We had the best time in Paris!

Can't wait to go back!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicholas S
Frédéric C, Directeur at Hotel Brighton - Esprit de France, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Nicolas S,

Thank you so much for your great comment !

I'm really thrilled you could make the most of your stay in Paris, and that you enjoyed so much the amazing view our rooms offer.

Our staff will always be very pleased to help you and to make your trip memorable.

We sincerely look forward to welcome you soon again !

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel in the center of many places. Large room. Nice staff that were able to assist us with all of our needs. We did not eat there so unable to rate the food. Surrounded by many cafés/restaurants. Some shopping within walking distance as well.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Docraym
Frédéric C, Le Directeur at Hotel Brighton - Esprit de France, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Mrs Docraym,

I thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor.

I'm very pleased you enjoy your stay and that our staff was helpful and was able to fulfill your expactations.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you soon again !

With kindest regards,
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights whilst in Paris. The location was excellent - walking distance from most things and quite literally next to the louvre! The area the hotel is in is also very nice and the park outside is beautiful!
Inside the staff were helpful and friendly, although a small elevator, the rooms are surprisingly big for Paris! The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was pretty much perfect for us. Room service was free and so nice, a continental breakfast be sent up to your room, or if you like, bacon and sausages etc were down stairs.
Overall excellent, even the wifi was good quality! If you look around you can get good prices for the hotel, so it's a definite recommendation!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank FLammas
Frédéric C, Le Directeur at Hotel Brighton - Esprit de France, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear FLammas,

Thank you so much for your great comment !

I'm thrilled you enjoyed this much your stay in the Hotel Brighton and that all our services left nothing to be desired.

I will share your nice words with all the staff and I really hope to welcome you for your next visit in Paris!