“Perfect location for first timers and incredible view!”

Hotel Brighton - Esprit de France
Ranked #149 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had done extensive research before choosing this hotel because I wanted a hotel which is centrally located, has a view and has enough room/beds for 3 people to sleep comfortably. We booked an executive room overlooking the tuileries garden, and it was absolutely delightful to wake up to the majestic Louvre, the well groomed garden and the iconic Eiffel tower every morning. In terms of transport, tuileries metro is right across the street and the RER station with direct connection to the airport is just a few metro stops away (Les Halles-Chatelet). You can also get a cab quite easily at the doorstep and taxis in Paris are not expensive. The hotel is not cheap (even though it is way cheaper than Le Meurice a few doors down) - I paid around 400 euro a night for the room, and I was disappointed that breakfast is not included in the price. However, there are quite a few cafes and restaurants around the area (incl. Angelina!) and there are also a couple of supermarkets not too far away (about 5 mins walk). Almost every tourist major tourist attraction, including Carrousel de Louvre which opens on Sundays, is within walking distance from the hotel (but bring comfortable shoes!) so the location just cannot be beat. The hotel is located on a busy touristy street, but it was quite amazing that the double doors in the room simply blocked out the street noise completely once they were closed. Moreover, I have to say that the front desk staff are super nice and extremely helpful. They are very friendly and always greet us with a smile.

Now the cons: we have a lovely lovely executive room, but housekeeping left much to be desired. Smudged mirrors with major toothpaste stains and the bathtubs were not cleaned, and I ended up having to do the cleaning myself. In addition, some bathroom amenities can be improved, e.g. the shower head was mouldy and I think the hotel could replace it quite cheaply. Another gripe I have about the room is the toilet, it is in a separate room, which is good, but it always smelled of urine even after it had been cleaned so we always had to keep the door tightly closed. It is not the housekeeping staff's fault, but I suspect that it has to do with the plumbing system of an old bldg.
I really like hotel Brighton despite of a few minor complaints, and would recommend this hotel to those who visit Paris for the first time.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and go for a room with a view of the Tuileries garden, it is well worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank foreverglobetrotter
Brightonhotel, Manager at Hotel Brighton - Esprit de France, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to have you staying with us here at the Brighton hotel.

John Rodrigues

Write a ReviewReviews (1,867)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wonderful short break spent in this delightful hotel. Situated facing the Tivoli Gardens with views of the Eifel Tower and The Louvre. When we arrived we were shown a room next to the lift. However when I explained I was a light sleeper, the manager offered an alternative room despite the hotel being extremely busy that weekend. The room was spacious and had the largest double bed I have ever seen. Breakfast was plentiful with a good variety, although service was a little slow. This was the only criticism of our stay and we would certainly book again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stated here five days in February 2013. The main advantage of the hotel - great location. We had a great view from the window: the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, Orsay, Invalides, Garden Tuilleries.
The staff was quite affable. Breakfast was good.
I think that I will choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: recommend to Deluxe Room with City View
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here for our final three of seven nights Honeymoon stay in Paris.
We had stayed in another hotel on the other side of the Champs-Élysées for the first four nights.
We arrived and check in was fast and easy. For the first two nights we stayed in a superior room which had a lot of space (compared to our previous hotel). Open windows over looking a court yard but no balcony. A lovely note with a basket of fruit was left for us wishing us a happy honeymoon.
Decor in the hotel is a little tired in the corridors and rooms but the rest of it is ok.
Final night we stayed in a deluxe room with an incredible view of the Louve, The Eiffel Towel & Tuileries Gardens. The room was smaller than the previous room but still spacious enough. The view made up for it. Staff very friendly & happy. Breakfast was included in on the final night but there was nothing in there apart from a bit of fruit and bread. Sausages were under cooked and the eggs were green from what I could see. We had to clear our own table before sitting down which was something we're not used to. It all seemed just a little disorganised. Other wise we had a pleasant & it is in a fantastic location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I staid at the Hotel Brighton for a week in February and had a wonderful time. The hotel is small and charming and the location can't be beat. Our room was a reasonable size with a killer view of the Louvre and Tuileries. The staff were extremely helpful and polite. Our flights out of NYC to Paris were cancelled due to the blizzard in NYC and the hotel easily accomodated us and shifted our reservation to accomodate our new departure and return dates. The hotel was just the right size...small enough to be intimate but large enough so you don't feel as if you're staying in someone's home! Couldn't recomend it more.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We just stayed at the Brighton for a week and found everything (well, not the toilettries) high quality.
The people at reception were friendly and extremely helpful with directions, airport service and restaurant reservations. The breakfast was also very good.
Our room had a courtyard view, was very quiet and the wonderful bedding allowed a restful sleep. The closets were good and the bathroom updated and very clean.
No doubt we will be at the Brighton on future trips.
Extra thanks to Matteo.

Room Tip: Choose room 403
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank irene d

Reviewed April 26, 2013

First the good: Location. The location of this hotel is perfect, right across from the Tuileries and just down the street from the Louvre. Easy walking distance to Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame, and all the major museums. If you're going to stay here, definitely get a room with a view overlooking the Tuileries, and ask for a room on the upper floors. The Rue De Rivoli is a very busy road, but the traffic noise in the room isn't bad at all. Next, the bad: Based on all the positive reviews, I honestly expected better. We've travelled in Europe before, so we knew not to expect the same standards we take for granted in North America, but my wife and I looked at each other upon entering our room, and after a few moments of silence I finally said what both of us were thinking... "this place is a bit of a dump!". Not what I was expecting, and our room certainly didn't look like the rooms in the photos. The room was smaller than expected, even by European standards, and I swear the furniture came from some long lost storage locker that my great great grandparents had that I didn't know about. The walls are paper thin, and the pillows are some of the worst I've ever encountered in a hotel. The primary elevator is the smallest I've ever seen! I didn't take a measuring tape to it, but it's roughly 2ft deep by 6 feet wide, max capacity 5. If you're claustrophobic, do yourself a favour and take the stairs, or use the second elevator around the corner. The customer service is almost non-existent. After walking past the front desk every morning for 5 days, you'd think we could at least get a friendly "hello", or "good morning", but no, there was no acknowledgement whatsoever. In fact, I don't think during our entire stay we had any staff acknowledge our existence beyond the time it took to check in and check out. There are other hotels in this same area, so I'd strongly recommend trying those first. We won't be back.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravellinDaveHead
camillebinz, Marketing Manager at Hotel Brighton - Esprit de France, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Dave2step,

Thank you for your comments that help us to improve the Hotel Brighton’s quality of service. I am really sorry that your stay did not fulfill your expectations.

Let me answer some of your remarks.

As you may have noticed, each one of the Hotel Brighton room is unique and has its own setting and decoration. Authentic antique furniture, that we regularly buy in auction sales for instance, is part of the hotel style and specificity. This furniture has a history and do in consequence not follow any standard.

The hotel is equipped with two elevators. One of them is indeed very small but that size of elevators is common in Parisian old buildings. We invite our customers to use the second one, which is more comfortable, but following your remark, we will enhance the sign indicating the bigger elevator.

We are also really sorry to read that the service at the Hotel Brighton Paris disappoints you. What you describe is definitely not the norm at Hotel Brighton and this is not what we want our guests to feel about our service. Our team is committed in making our guest’s stay as pleasant as they can in a welcoming atmosphere and I hope such inconvenience will not happen again.

I invite you to contact me for your next visit in Paris. We will be sincerely honored if you would give Hotel Brighton another try.

Sincerely yours,