Hotel Amarys Simart
Gofen(Paris)
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 30, 2012

we've been allocated in a smoking room however the hotel is advertised as completely non-smoking. finally they changed our room but it was very tiny with an extremely small bed-no space even for the luggage. 6th floor without elevator. no towels given by the housekeeping, we had to ask for them every evening at the reception. the breakfast and reception area is nicely refurbished but rooms are terribly old and cheap.
breakfast was OK. location is great though-10 min. from Sacre Coeur.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank EDOX_12
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Overall, this hotel is a great price considering the location - about a 10 minute walk from the Sacre Coeur and 15-20 min from Moulin Rouge. It's set directly between two metro stops so that is convenient.

At night, the area gets very active with hoodlums and hookers....I'm talking you have to walk through several GROUPS of them. They don't bother you or say anything, but, a bit unhinging considering you can stay other places in Paris and not deal with that. So, expect and be aware of that.

The hotel itself is alright...24 hour staffed desk. They buzz you in at the door, so it's secured at night. No lift so expect old rickety round staircase and pack accordingly. We were on the 1st floor (Room 11) and I quite liked the room. Nice size for Europe, decent bed, big shower, separate toilet room which I appreciate.

The 7 euro breakfast is not worth it....go to one of the many cafes in the area.

Had a glitch at checkout...we ate one day of breakfast so 14 euro for both of us. We were asked if we'd like breakfast and night before and paid that evening cash. At checkout, the guy insisted we didn't pay breakfast so we owe him our 3-nights stay PLUS breakfast. We kindly told him the story and asked for receipt that our room was paid. He insisted that the room is not paid, we still owe breakfast. We firmly but nicely say we paid breakfast on this night to this gentleman, please give us a receipt for the room. He called some guy over from across the street....I assume the manager or owner...and he got everything fixed right up.

Would I stay there again? No, not if I had better options but if not, like this trip, I would.

Room Tip: Room 11! But the room is directly outside the door/window so beware when leaving windows open....you can also see into other apartments in that "courtyard" but they provide curtains.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank angfern
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Just to set the scene, my best man and I were in Paris for 2 nights for a pre wedding catch up. We weren't bothered about sharing a twin room etc and weren't expecting much in terms of facilities i.e. we knew there was no lift in the building and wi-fi was really the only perk we needed.

The receptionist was welcoming (although I think partly helped by the fact I speak French). Reception is manned 24 hours a day which was perfect for us popping in and out of the hotel for the weekend. The reception area and breakfast room was clean and fitted modestly and modernly.

Our room however was quite a disappointment. We only paid £65 per night admittedly, but didn't expect such unloved decor: smashed in bathroom doors (see pics attached), scuffed paint work, very dirty walls and a poorly furnished bathroom. We coped with 1 pillow per person, wi-fi is temperamental and no BBC Worldwide channel which was advertised on their website. Having said that, the cleaner had done the best they could: the floor was vacuum correctly and the toilet and shower area cleaned. The room is a typical Parisian size so that was no disappointment.

The location of the hotel is very ideal for a budget holiday though. At the end of the road you can see the Sacre Coeur on the hill. The metro station is barely 2 mins walk from the hotel and there's a great Bakery by the metro stop too that is well stocked. There is a Carefour and Dia supermarket on the main road as well that we grabbed evening nibbles from at a good price. The coffee shop/bar at the top of Rue Simart has a lovely host and waited on us very well whilst enjoying some lovely French wine.

Having lived in Paris myself, I thought the area was much nicer than some I've been to. Yes there are always going to be certain ladies offering services, but you get that in any capital city.

Overall the hotel definitely needs some love and investment and we won't be staying again, but it wasn't the worst experience I've ever had.

Room Tip: The hotel has 6 floors and no lift. You have been warned! This hotel is not suitable for families in my opinion. This hotel is more like budget student accommodation so don't expect even basic trimmings.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AstwoodC
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights from the 6th - 10th March, the location is in the montmarte area of Paris which is good and bad. The hotel itself is approx a 10 minute walk to the Sacre Coeur and has several metro stations on its doorstep.

The rooms are tiny and the decor is quite poor despite the photos on theor website convincing you otherwise. The reception area has been refurbished but the rooms do require some attention. That said it serves its purpose and all in all you have all the basics. The main complaint is that the maids feel it is their purpose in life to wake you up first thing shouting to each other from room to room...at first it wasn't an issue but after the first couple of days it got most annoying. There can also be some outside noise as the area itself is busy and although there is not much in the way of passing traffic you can still hear vehicle noise coming from the Mercadet Boulevard. If you decide to stay here I recommend you visit the patisserie on the corner next to Metro Mercadet Poissionier as it is lovely and sells the best cakes ever!!

If you decide to buy tickets to Eurodisney when you are here please beware as thwe staff ask you for your used tickets and when we searched google wondering why it states that tickets can be used again for up to 1ldren collect 13days...they claimed they were because their children collect them...not!!

Beware also...dont be fooled into letting anyone helping you in the metro if you are struggling with the ticket machines etc...they are skilled con artists and have ways of ripping you off. only buy your metro tickets from the actual tickets vendors or the machine itself!!

And lastly...leave nothing in your room before you leave...we stupidly left something behind and had to quickly run back...by which time they had already ransacked the room for any goodies we may have left behind...and they also charged us €2 each for leaving your suitcase in the luggage area if you have a later flight!!

Room Tip: Choose a high floor to stop the noise if you are prepared to walk up copious amounts of stairs!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights and would definitely use it again. It was good value for money the room was very small but clean and comfy and the staff were great. I wouldnt want to stay on the 6th floor again tho!

• Stayed: November 2010