“VERY POOR SERVICE”

Ranked #1,306 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Peer, Belgium
“VERY POOR SERVICE”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Honestly, this is the WORST hotel I've stayed in. I stayed for 3 days and I wanted to leave the first night. Traveling to many different countries, every hotel has it's pros and cons. I can't name one pro! The people at reception were rude and inconsiderate, the hallways were falling apart, The food wasn't any good even the room wasn't clean. It's centrally located so the noise wasn't something we could escape. I will never stay here again and I will not recommend this hotel to any potential customer.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jonava C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I read many negative reviews regarding this hotel and I worried about staying there. But in reality it happened to be a very nice hotel - not fancy but very convenient. The room was very clean and bed was very-very comfortable. Bathroom with a shower was very decent size. Yes, renovations were in progress at the time we were staying there but it did not bother us. I liked the computer downstairs and a small garden. We did not have time to appreciate it though because we had only 3 days in Paris!
Personnel were very friendly and polite. We stayed only 2 nights and if we would have been in Paris longer than 3 days I would prefer probably Latin Quarter to stay because the area is more beautiful than area around Eiffel Tower (IMO) but for the short term it was just perfect - 10 min walk to the Eiffel Tower (we went there at midnight and felt very safe around there), it was a few Metro stations nearby and a lots of shops and restaurants.
France Eiffel Hotel is a good choice and I did not regret staying there. I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Italy
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Close to Eiffel Tower, served by metro line 6 and bus 42. Small and old rooms, elevator, corridors and breakfast room. Double bed for 4 nights, rich breakfast, wi-fi included and two tickets for boat ride over Seine river: 127€ per night. Personnel caring, can't understand the complaints of other people: this is not (supposed to be) an high class hotel so of course how could you expect to find high quality standards at cheap price? For you there are always Ramada Inn and Hilton waiting, but you'd pay breakast with what I did for a whole day (for two persons).

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Covington, Kentucky
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed one week in France Eiffel Hotel. We very liked everything, especially the breakfast. Dozen of different delicious breads, fresh orange juice - and Breakfast is free for young child - but the spaces are limited and you have to wait until others finish.

As The location it was just great. View on Effie tower from the street. Everything fine in neighborhood - many patisseries and brasseries/restaurants. Franprix down the street for water and other essentials. Metro and RER stations very close.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Niteroi, RJ
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel is quite simple, but cozy! Room was very nice and clean. Just 10 minutes walking away from the Eiffel tower. 5 minutes walking away from subway station. Overall it was a very good stay and reception staff was helpful and friendly too. We'd definitely go back again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank cleberndc
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I booked this room for work and a few hours of leisure. I knew what I was getting myself into with a Paris hotel since nothing that I had read had spectacular reviews of any hotels there. The room was larger than expected and once you got the clerk to talk to you she was helpful. The night clerk was a bit nicer and more approachable. You could stand in front of the lady for minutes and she never acknowledge you even there.
I got there right around noon and was told my room would not be ready until 3:30. Thankfully I was able to leave my bags there (out in the open) and asked the clerk to make sure they were safe since she didn't have room in the storage. :o)
I really liked the little courtyard although I think they could add perhaps a little bit of light at night out there. It was completely dark and it was only around midnight. It was just so nice being able to sit out there and enjoy a bottle of wine but some light could have helped.
I read on a few of the reviews that the 13 euro breakfast was not worth it so I didn't try that.
The room itself wasn't bad. The bed was comfy but the room was pretty outdated. The stairs and carpet leading up to the 2nd floor were very outdated as well and kinda dirty. Forget taking the lift with more than one bag. I'm pretty petite and had two bags but I had serious problems trying to close the door (yes, it's manual).
One last thing was the clean up of the room. I left the room early in the morning and still at 4 pm the maid had come and picked up towels but that was it. Finally an hour later she came and I guess was going to clean, make the bed and what not.
Overall, it wasn't bad compared to a Paris hotel. I probably wouldn't stay there again but overall not too bad of experience. The hotel is a few blocks from the Eiffel tower so the location made up for a lot of it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
england
Reviewed October 6, 2013

just come back from Paris, had booked into this hotel, and when we arrived the Receptionist was pleasant, the hotel looked shabby,
had to go up stairs to suite, there was tape on the carpet to hold it down, the doors had a lick of paint (undercoat) and not done properly, arriving at door we noticed a hole in the wall which looked right into our room,
the suite was dirty, and the bath was so dirty it looked like animals had been in there with dirty paws, and the dirt had dried out,
we all felt itchy, and came up with rashes on our legs,
the dresser had cloth on which was very badly stained, could not get into bathroom as bed was in way,
we didn't even unpack, (we were not going to hang our clothes in that place),
I don't know how this place got a 3 star, we would not have given it a one star,
We complained and was told to sleep that night and we would be moved the next day, we said we could not even stay one night, so we went out found ourselves another hotel which was fabulous, and then went back to France Eiffel and told the receptionist we were leaving, he said we would have to go back the next day to see the manager, (we didn't, we got in touch with Booking.com and they said if Hotel France stopped money from my bank, they would try to get it back, I then phoned my bank and told them to stop payment, as I had not signed for them to stop the money, up to now, 3 days later no money has been taken, and if it does get stopped I would be taking the matter further,
This hotel is more like a hostel, avoid it if you are a clean person and don't want to ruin your stay in France,
this is a true statement and I have photo's to prove,

Room Tip: Try Hotel Eiffel seine, this is where we stayed and it was spotlessly clean, staff excellent, great...