Hotel Duquesne Eiffel
$265
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
1,609 results
All reviewsrue clerecole militairegreat view of the eiffel towernapoleon's tombsuperior roomrooms are smallcorner roomlight showthe hotel staffmetro stoptwo blocksour honeymooncroissantsquiet neighborhoodtop floorbooked this hotelmini bar
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

This is the perfect hotel! We stayed here from the 23rd to the 26th of December over Christmas and all I can say is amazing!! The hotel is lovely and the view is amazing we stayed in room 45 and just opening your curtains to that view put a massive smile on my face each morning. The value is great and we had an amazing time. The staff couldn't of been more helpful. If we are ever to return to Paris we would come back to this hotel. It close to everything with metro 2 minute walk away. Effiel tower is a 5 minute walk and beautiful at night when it is all lit up and sparkles!! The only point I would have is when booking on the email comfirming your booking they tell you to get off at invalides metro and walk from there. Tip you are best getting the metro to ecoile miltare.

Overall I would like to thank the staff at the hotel for a great room and lovely service!

• Stayed: December 2013
OlivierDuquesne, Réceptionniste at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Danielle,

Thanks for your review! it’s really a pleasure to read a positive comment about our Hotel and our Team, thanks from everybody!

About the metro we are sorry we don’t know why you had the wrong information, you are right you have to get off at Ecole Militaire!

Anyway, nothing better to read that you had a massive smile each morning!
We hope to welcome you again!

Best regards,

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Hotel Duquesne Eiffel offers views of Paris' icon at a value that is hard to beat. This hotel is a perfect choice if having that view is important to you (or more importantly, to the person you are taking to Paris). Mix in a convenient location, clean, neat rooms, and basic, but adequate service, and you have the foundation for an idyllic weekend in Paris.

I surprised my girlfriend with a room here on our first trip to Paris together. We returned to the same room a year later (corner room with Eiffel view). I've traveled to several cities across Europe, and returned to most major cities several times. This is the only hotel I have ever stayed in more than once in Europe. Now, it will be tempting to stay in a different hotel in Paris upon my next visit (especially if Duquesne increases its prices), given the colorful variety of hotels scattered across Paris. But I have a suspicion the Duquesne will pull me back. Its got a certain simple charm---and it makes her happy. And that makes me happy.

In my opinion, if an Eiffel Tower view is not important to you, or if you are not willing to pay extra at this hotel for a room with a view, then I would consider other hotel options. The hotel does not do anything wrong, but again---you are going to Paris, and there are plenty of great options for any budget.

The rooms are average sized for Europe (smaller than average US hotel rooms) but are clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are updated and kept tidy.

I did not have much interaction with the hotel staff except for check-in and some quick directions. They seemed helpful and pleasant and multilingual.

The location of the hotel is convenient, but not particularly noteworthy. Its a short walk to the metro (Ecole Militaire is the closest at 5 minutes) and a slightly longer walk to other sites and areas with a bit more of a buzz (restaurants and cafes). For folks looking to step out of their doorstep and be on a bustling Parisian street, the hotel may disappoint.

Overall, the hotel is simple, charming, and offers views of Paris that often cost much more elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you are not used to having a unique view from your room, take this opportunity to try it out. A view of the Eiffel Tower can be another one of those cliche details that you tell yourself you don't care about, or that others are shallow for seeking. Guys: don't do it for yourself, do it for her. Don't tell her you booked it, just do it, and when you open the curtains, I challenge you not to be moved.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DominickGeorge

Hello,

Thank you very much for having taken time to write your long comment!

We are so glad that you describe our hotel in this terms and we are happy to read that we are the only hotel where you’ve stayed more than once, so now, and things always seem to go in threes, you have to come back ( don’t worry the prices will not increase so much!)

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with your girlfriend!

Best regards

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Hotel Duquesne December 24 and 25, 2012. I am finally writing this review because this hotel deserves the praise. We were warmly greeted by the front desk staff and quickly checked into our room. My wife booked the Eiffel Tower view room and I am so happy that she did! We stood out on our small balcony and so aked up the view. At night, it was amazing to lie in bed and watch the hourly Eiffel Tower light show. Rue Claire is right down the street and Invalid is a 15-20 minute walk. The breakfast was really nice. We highly recommend The Hotel Duquesne and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Book the Eiffel Tower view room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BlandK

Hello,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write your kind comment.
We are so glad that you enjoyed our hospitality and the hotel. What a pleasure to read that you had a good time!
Thanks for recommending our establishment!

Best regards!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This was our 3rd trip to Paris. We decided on the Duquesne Eiffel because of the reviews and its proximity to metro and the Eiffel Tower.

The hotel is no frills. Staff was very helpful. The hotel is smaller than I expected and is a strong 3-stars. No English speaking television stations, so we spent down time watching American TV on the iPad. But you don't go to Paris to hide in your room.

The views from the hotel are just as amazing as they say. We were in room 45 and had a great view of the Eiffel Tower.

The hotel is right around the corner from grocery stores, cafes and metro. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a corner room (35, 45 or 55) - you get twice the windows and the most amazing views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,

It’s really nice of you to have taken time to write this nice comment.

On the TV there is a few English channels, there is a list on the desks in the rooms, we can’t remember but maybe we had troubles with the connection when you were here, we are sorry about that.

We hope you enjoyed your stay anyway!
Best regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My second stay at this lovely hotel didn't fail to disappoint. The staff were, again, very helpful and friendly. I'd booked my Eiffel Tower view room many months before and the hotel staff were very helpful in assuring I got the room I wanted. Okay, the rooms are small but that amazing view is worth it. I'd rather see the Eiffel Tower in all it's beauty than a few extra square feet of hotel room. The bed, again, was very comfortable. I look forward to returning again to the Hotel Duquesne.

Room Tip: The Eiffel Tower view rooms need to be booked well in advance.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
OlivierDuquesne, Réceptionniste at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your very nice comment! We are very glad that you choose to come back to our Hotel for your stay in Paris!

It is, indeed, easier to check availability with us and to ask us for special requests directly.

We hope to see you soon back then!

All the best,