“Very nice Hotel in a good location”

Hotel Duquesne Eiffel
Ranked #194 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 21, 2008

My daughter and I spent three nights in Paris and decided on the Duquesne Eiffel based on the reviews that I read on Trip Advisor. We were able to take the RER/Metro from CDG airport to the Ecole Militaire metro station in about an hour. There are quite a few restaurants, shops and sidewalk cafes within walking distance of the hotel.
The hotel itself is in very nice condition and may have been recently renovated. The rooms, while small by American standards are modern and very comfortable. The street outside was pretty noisy, but the windows were very effectively soundproofed.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Andrew_and_Kates_Dad
duquesneParis, Sales manager at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2008

Hello,

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip among us.

However, I don't advise to take the RER/Metro from the airport, It is a long distance and it is not that easy especially if you have many suitcases. I would rather book a shuttle through us or maybe take the Air France/Roissy bus.

I am happy you liked the new decoration.

Thankl you again for your kind note.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Duquesne Eiffel

Reviewed April 20, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Duquesne during our stay in Paris. We originally booked our stay there because of the reviews we read on tripadvisor.com and because it was so close to the sites in the Invalides area.

The hotel was very clean and all of the front desk were extremely polite and helpful. The floor our room was on had some renovations but there was nothing in the way and the room we stayed in was beautifully renovated.

We had a magnificent view of the Eiffel Tower and even though hotel rooms in Paris are quite small the room we had was quite large. The room had a very comfortable Queen size bed, small desk, spacious closet, mini bar, in room safe and detached bathroom with a full tub/shower.

The hotel is quite close to some great restaurants, cafes, many scenic sites including the Eiffel Tower and close to the Metro also. There is breakfast served in the morning for an additional fee but we always ate at a cafe near by.

The rates were very reasonable and this is one Hotel I would stay at again!! I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Paris.

2  Thank C0unt
duquesneParis, sales manager at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2008

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind note.

I'm sorry that when you came, the hotel wasn't entirely refurbished, hopefully it didn't bother you. By now, all the rooms have been redecorated and we only have to refurbish the lobby.
I'm glad you could have a view, most of our clients wish a view but even if we do our best, sometimes it is not possible..

Thank you for recommending our hotel, hope to see you next time.

Reviewed April 19, 2008

This hotel is very well situated for all central attractions, especially the Eiffell Tower, which we had great views of from Room 54.

The rooms are quite small, but well equipped and very clean and well maintained. We had a balcony that ran the length of the room, with two large patio doors, which gave plenty of light. The bathroom was marble, with a great shower. The bed was comfortable.

The reception staff were helpful and spoke English very well. We did not use the bar / restaurant, as there were so many other options close by, offering great set menus. The lift is tiny however, but was fine for two people with a suitcase.

I would highly recommend paying slightly extra to stay here as the location is perfect, just a 5/10 minute walk to the bottom of the tower.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katandalfie2004

Hello,

Thank you for your nice comments.

We try our best to satisfy our customers and I'm glad it works!

See you soon among us.

Reviewed April 13, 2008

As a first time visitor in Paris there are many hotels in different areas to choose from. Tripadvisor proved to be invaluable and we booked the Duquesne for 4 nights after reading all the rewievs.

First the location:
The hotel is located near the "Ecole Militaire" Metro station with lots of stores and restaurants within a short distance (5min from the famous Rue Cler). The streets felt safe at night so we always used our feet to move around.
On the negative side is that the 7er arrondissement is a liitle bit pricey.

The hotel:
Our room had neewly been refurbished and was well decorated. The beds was comfortable and the cleaning was perfect! We didnt try the mini bar but it had some nice wines at reasonable rates (half bottle Duval-Leroy Champagne 20 euros).
I'll attach a photo that was taken 5 minutes after arrival that shows the view from our room if you stick your head out of the windows.
The only problem we had was that the morning traffic was pretty loud so we had to keep the windows closed.

This was a great overall experience and I will definitely book this hotel on my next visit to Paris!

/Joakim C

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank DrCorona

Dear client,

The 7th district is one of the most expensive area in Paris. I could say it is a "posh area" if you can understand what I mean.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay among us and I really hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 12, 2008

After reading all the wonderful reviews about the Hotel, I contacted them directly and reserved a room with out any problem at all. We arrived in Paris at 10am on the very first day of our Honeymoon, and because I work for a large Hotel Group in San Francisco, I expected to hear the usual 'your room will be ready at check in time...' To our surprise, the room was ready and we were able to check in early and divulge into our first day of sightseeing in the most romantic city in the world! The front desk staff were polite and courteous throughout our entire stay. Even when we reported little problems we were having in the room. Nothing that was terribly upsetting, the T.V. froze on one channel on our second night and no matter how many times we turned it off and back on it stayed frozen...no need for T.V. anyway, we were in PARIS on our HONEYMOON! Then on the third night the heater stopped working, in our room! Again, no big deal the desk quickly brought up a space heater which was exactly what we needed and offered us complimentary breakfast the next day.
We were also very surprised to find that the room was completely different then anything we saw here or on the hotel website. It was 10 times better! With a super modern Paris vibe, the colors were relaxing and sensual and the Hotel all together was the perfect place to begin our European honeymoon. After the two little mishaps, we had during our stay, the desk was nice enough to give us a 6pm check out on our last day, we only asked because our train didn't leave for Italy until 730pm that night.
There is not one negative thing to say, the staff was lovely, the room elegantly appointed (make sure to ask for a corner room on the top floor, you get the best view and a little balcony!) and the Hotel breakfast was also a great way to start the day. We will no doubt be back for our anniversary!

4  Thank NicoleRene21

Dear Honeymooners,

First, thank you to have made your booking directly with us. I advise people to contact us directly with us, especially in case of uncommon requests.

Then, I don't think you told me you work for a hotel group in San Francisco, I love this city and I would have loved to talk with you.

Check in time is usually 2.00 PM but most of the time rooms are ready before. In case they are not ready, we offer a space to store luggage.

I'm glad the staff was professional, it is hard to find good employees!
We do have troubles with our TVs, it should be fix soon.

As people know, rooms have been refurbished for two months but we haven't change yet our website because we are going to redecorate the lobby. So we will load new pictures when everything will be done.

Thank you again, your comments make me very happy , especially because you are from a hotel group.

I hope to see you for your anniversary.

Reviewed April 4, 2008

Without doubt, this is the nicest hotel we have stayed in while visiting Paris. The whole hotel has been refurbished and the rooms are fresh, beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. The staff are always cheerful and helpful, and nothing is too much trouble. Although breakfasts can be obtained more cheaply nearby, the buffet provided by the Duquesne is excellent value, with a serve yourself buffet with a very cheerful lady in charge of the catering. The basement restaurant is delightful place to start the day, and the generous breakfast sets one up for a gruelling day of city sightseeing. We recommend it wholeheartedly

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Neil639
duquesneParis, Sales manager at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2008

Dear Neil,

Thank you so much for your nice comment!
You are so kind that I don't know what to add!
I hope to see you soon among us.

Reviewed March 26, 2008

Getting a nice hotel in a big European city at a price you can afford can be a problem. The Duquesne (pronounce it Ducain or the taxi drivers wont understand you) was recommended by friends so we knew it would be fine. We were not disappointed and like most of the reviewers here we would highly commend the staff. Yes the rooms are small - that's the compromise. For a similar price in other European cities you would be lucky to get the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms and the peaceful, spacious location. The avenues around the hotel are wide and the streets are populated but not crowded, so you feel safe walking home at night.

We didn't bother with breakfast in the hotel as there are nice bakeries, cafes and brasseries nearby and it was fun to check them out each morning - these are all cheaper than the hotel too.

We ate some fantastic evening meals in Paris but I'll just mention the best one locally here - Le P'tit Troquet, 28 rue de l'Exposition. It only has about 6 or 7 tables and is like sitting in an antiques shop. At 32 Euros for 3 courses we thought it was great value for such quality. English is spoken and we felt it was a nice discreet French experience. There are livelier places - the hotel recommends No 7 de vins for some reason, but we found their food bland, mostly cold, and more expensive - though the staff were welcoming and friendly.

The mini bar back at the Duquesne is good value as these things go. And a nice half bottle of wine rounds the evening off well. Enjoy Paris!

2  Thank ortonioni
duquesneParis, sales manager at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2008

Hello,

Well, I understood you enjoyed your stay and I'm glad about that.
Thank you also to write down that we have refurbished the hotel because I'm still working on the new web site, so you are communicating for me!
I've never heard about "Le Ptit Troquet", I should go and try it. I'm sorry about the "7ème vin", we have heard so many good reviews that we used to send people there.

I hope you will come back.

Best regards