“Clean, comfortable, convenient.”

Hotel Duquesne Eiffel
Ranked #192 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed in a triple room and, as expected, it was small. But, it was very clean and comfortable and we were pleased to be there. The bathroom was spacious. Two french windows were very nice, although the street below is noisy. Thankfully, the windows are very sound proof when closed. Location was good for Eiffel Tower, Rue Cler and Les Invalides. Metro nearby. Staff neither friendly, nor unfriendly. We didn't have the breakfast as we preferred to pop over to Rue Cler and eat at the outdoor cafes which was more fun and more affordable. Would stay here again for the price and convenience, but it wasn't anything to get excited about.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank elygreenstone
OlivierLeeloo, Propriétaire at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Hello!

Thank you for your comment, it is important for myself and for the staff to read positive and negative reviews, it is the best way, to improve pour service.

Thank you to notice the quality of the hotel, and the good location.

However, I feel sorry you were not welcomed as you wished, 90% of the time I have good feedback about the front desk staff, I'm surprised and I would like to understand...

Nest time you come back in Paris, we will be happy to welcome you and to make you change your mind.

Best regards

Olivier

Write a ReviewReviews (1,580)

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel had everything we needed. Rooms were well-appointed and very clean. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. The rooms were a little small, but these are standard sizes for European hotels. The front desk could not be more helpful! I had written many correspondences with the staff and they were so very accommodating. The hotel was in a great location and we were just minutes from the subway stop and Rue Cler. If you book early enough, you may even get a room with an amazing view!

Room Tip: Book early to get a good view!
2  Thank Always4Travelling

Hello!

I'm glad we gave you everything you expected.

It is a real satisfaction for us to read nice reviews, it gives us reasons to do better and better.

We all hope you will become a fan of our facebook page or a follower of our twitter acount!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights in early July 2012 as part of a Rick Steves tour. It's a small hotel in the 7th, close to the Eiffel Tower (about a 10 minute walk). The rooms are typical Parisian-hotel cozy, but then you don't go to Paris to sit in your hotel room, do you? It's a short walk to the Les Invalides Metro stop, as well as to Rue Cler, with shopping and restaurants. The rooms were comfortable but cozy, and breakfast was fairly typical for French hotels. There is also a laundromat close by, which came in very handy. The staff was helpful and spoke English. Nice neighborhood, with many restaurants to choose from -- when we return to Paris, we'd certainly consider staying here again.

2  Thank gcjones

Hello,

Thank you to have taken the time to write a review. We work a lot with Rick Steve agency and we have a very nice relationship with them.

Rooms in Paris are small it is a fact but as you said you are not in Paris to spend your time in your hotel room.

We will be happy to welcome you again!

Kind regards

Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here at the start of my honeymoon and it was fantastic the hotel is in a great area not far from shops places to eat and everything else.
Staff are very helpful and always happy to see you. The rooms are small but I was never in my room as I was in Paris for my first time.
They have the best wifi I have had in a hotel yet and they have a computer down in the reception which you can use and it is in English which so far has been the only hotel that has had it in English.
Thanks for a amazing start to our honeymoon it was great

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank seandw
OlivierLeeloo, Owner at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for your positive comment!

All the Duquesne Eiffel staff wish you a lot of hapiness in your couple!

We will be glad to welcome you again for your 1st anniversary!

Thank you again and see you soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Clean rooms, convenient location and okay staff. It was a good choice and we enjoyed our stay there was just nothing to write home about. The breakfast was very nice, but we got it for free due to a web promotion but I'm not sure I'd pay 10 euro for it.

3  Thank Ian B
OlivierLeeloo, General Manager at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I really like to read reviews, positive or not, because it is the best way for myself and for my staff to ameliorate our services.

However, with your comment I don't know what to say.

You seems happy with the room, with the location and with the staff. You said it was a good choice but you seem upset. I would like to know exactly what you were expecting for?

We are a 3 star hotel and not a palace, so maybe you would prefer a 4 star hotel for your next stay in Paris.

In addition, I would like to describe the breakfast: juice (apple and orange), 3 sorts of patries, bread, cereals, hot drinks, ham, cheese, eggs, sausages, yogourts. I might forget something but if you pay 10 € in a bar/restaurant, you will get a croissant, a coffee and maybe an orange juice. Believe me it is a good value. However, the rate is 13 € because of the variety of food.

I wish I could have met you to know exactly what your were looking for.

Best regards

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in early July 2012. We enjoyed our stay. Staff were very friendly, helpful and very willing to assist us. They spoke english which was helpful to us. Our room and bathroom were clean but small (remember European standards). We were able to reserve a superior room on the 5th floor with an excellent & memorable view of the Eiffel Tower. The hotel is located on a quiet road, within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower (and access to the Batobus riverboats, Les Invalides, the Rodin museum, Rue Cler, and numerous cafe's and a metro stop. It is also a good base location for exploring the many other sites of Paris.

2  Thank SPCahills

Dear Clients,

Thank you for your positive review, we are glad you enjoyed to spend some days among us.

Rooms are small, but you were aware of that everything is small in Paris, most of our customers are surprised. Anyway, I guess you didn't stay all day long in your room, did you?

Thank you to notice the advantages to stay at the duquesne eiffel hotel.

We hope you will come back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in July. We booked really early to secure the 5th floor room with the balcony and view of the tower. While the room was small we couldnt have been happier. It was exceptionally clean, and the view was truly lovely. We had the Tour d'Eiffel one way and the golden dome of les Invalides the other. The location was perfect, close to the metro, yet walkable to many of the sights. We took a taxi one day, from the galleries Lafayette, north of the river and it only cost 8e. Very surprising! Julia and Laetitia on the front desk are very helpful, they arranged the shuttle from and to CDG...worth every penny to avoid the chaos of CDG. We found some great restaurants in the locale and the cafe just down the street had an excellent breakfast that was cheaper than the hotel.

One downside was the storage in the room. With 2 large suitcases ( we were headed to Provence afterwards) and tiny closets, we were very careful not to be untidy...there was simply no room to be. The bathroom was great and the lounge area comfortable. As a pace to rest your head in the busy city, this would be hard to beat.

Room Tip: 5th floor....balcony
2  Thank Robsaway

Hi Roberts!

Thank you for such nice comment!

Julia and Laetitia remember you and they thank you to write about them.

I agree about the storage, I wish I could have larger rooms...

Thank you anyway for your feedback and hope you will become a fan of our facebook page!

Regards