“Very nice, but not amazing.”

Hotel De Buci by MH
Ranked #64 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice, but not amazing.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel for two main reasons: the location and the positive trip advisor ratings. Whilst it was generally fine, and a great location, it didn't justify the premium price they charge, relative to similar hotels that I've stayed in nearby.
The check-in was fairly routine. The member of staff was perfectly nice, but new, so it took a little longer than normal. But other than when we came to check-out, we didn't really see any other staff (reception was generally unmanned, so not particularly welcoming).
The bedroom was very small (we'd booked a boutique room), but that was made very clear on the website, so no complaints with that. There were however a few minor niggles, such as the bathroom door not closing properly (which you'd hope is the sort of thing that would be spotted if rooms were regularly inspected).
Overall, the hotel is in a great location, is beautifully decorated, and clean and tidy. So a healthy 4 out of 5 rating seems fair.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Helpful_soul_76
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Hotel De Buci by MH, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Greatings from Rue de Buci,

Thank you for reviewing the Hotel de Buci ! We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience with our hotel.

It is great to learn that you stayed with us on recommendation of Tripadvisor but even better that the hotel, facilities and staff proved to be worthy of the recommendations.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon when your travel plans bring you back to Paris !

Kind regards,
Romain Binet - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Hebrew first
marbella
Reviewed August 22, 2013

excellent service and beautiful romantic romos ( be aware to ask for the modernised romos) the others are a bit tired and although the pricing is high for the newer romos they are well worth it
restaurants and bars are plentiful and it is a very nice área of st germain

Room Tip: the newely renovated romos is a must
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kuchi47,

I am thrilled to read your kind words! I will ensure share them with the rest of The Hotel de Buci Family.

We hope that you will visit us for another treat in the near future !

Best regards,
Richmond N.H.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My son and daughter-in-law brought me to Paris and London for a family vacation. We stayed at the Hotel De Buci for 4 nights and the staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. They helped us with restaurant reservations, made sure we had an iron and ironing board in our room, and always greeted us with a friendly smile when we came back to the hotel from our sight seeing ventures. The suite was very pretty, although a bit small (when the sofa was made into a bed it did take up most of the "living room" part of the suite). However, we knew the rooms would be on the small side and it didn't bother us a bit since we spent most of our time out sight seeing. We were very happy with the neighborhood and how close we were to all the attractions and the metro. This was our first trip to Paris and we are still congratulating ourselves on picking the perfect tourist location. I had heard a lot about how unfriendly Parisians were to tourists (especially American tourists), and I was a little apprehensive. I am very happy to say that this was not our experience at all. I would happily suggest the Hotel De Buci to anyone considering a visit to Paris.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Arlene J
Dear Arlene,

I am thrilled to hear that both you, your son and your daughter-in-law enjoyed your most recent visit at The Hotel De Buci and that we exceeded your expectations!

I will share your kind words with my colleagues whom all have contributed to making your stay enjoyable.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon again for another delightful visit.
Rye Brook, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This review is long overdue. Hotel was great, location was great and the concierge, Sanjay, was beyond excellent! My wife and I vacationed in Paris in April and anything and everything you require, Sanjay can provide. I even had a problem with a purchase at a local store and well after the time I returned from my vacation, Sanjay physically went to the store to speak with the owner and made sure I received my credit. The service was well beyond what is expected. I would HIGHLY recommend Hotel de Buci for your stay in Paris or any hotel where Sanjay is employed!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joe R
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

A long overdue review, but sincere nonetheless: Being in the heart of the Saint Germaine Des Pres area was just perfect, as simply everything you could want in the way of cafés, sophisticated shops, divine boulangeries, and of course, magnificent museums. Walking several kms/day is always a part of a good trip, whether business or pleasure for me, and I could never tire of walking in this area. Others have said lovely things about the darling rooms, amazing breakfast, and sweet lobby, so I will simply confirm enthusiastically. What is truly unforgettable however, is the sincere greeting from Gabriella upon arrival, and daily attention from herself, Sanjay and all the staff - from the breakfast servers to the doormen and housekeepers.

I travel extensively for work, and have never written a review for a hotel, not that I haven't stayed in spectacular ones from India to Africa to New York; yet this one I cannot stop remembering with great fondness. Crazy as it seems, I'd never been inside Paris - and now seriously cannot wait to be back -- and there is only one place I would even consider staying: the Hotel Buci.

The demeanor and efforts of the staff at the Hotel Buci flew in the face of many silly rumors I had heard about Parisians over the years. They were receptive, kind, funny and amazingly accommodating. I had meetings at the Institut Pasteur and tight schedules in between. Sanjay helped get to a salon for a quick wash and dry, to a dry cleaners nearby, and helped me with transportation. To boot, he noticed that I had a birthday while staying at the hotel and sent up a special treat to my room. Just lovely.

Again, in all my travels, I experience some superb sights and service, yet the Hotel Buci will stay in my mind and heart as one of the very sweetest! Mille fois merci!!!

Room Tip: Ask to be on the "courtyard" not the street side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Excellent...superb... unforgettable... we love the description! Thank you so much for your support.

We look forward to seeing you back with us soon!

Warmest regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We just returned from a 3 day stay at Hotel de Buci. The location was excellent, the suite was very spacious, and although it faced a very busy street, the double pane windows kept the noise to a minimum. The bed in the bedroom was huge and ultra comfy. The suite also has two bathrooms, making it ideal for two couples or a family with kids. According to our sons the pull out sofa was comfortable as well. With the exception of Gabriella and Edgar who checked us in but whom we never saw again, the staff was very aloof.

Overall it was a very nice experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Greatings from 22 rue de Buci,

Thank you for your positive feedback! Glad you enjoyed the location! It is amazing to read you found our hotel to be a great place in the middle of Saitnt Germain des Pres!

We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We just spent three nights at Hotel de Buci and loved our suites and the excellent location a few blocks from the Seine and in the heart of Saint Germain. The hotel was in the middle of a bunch of restaurants and boutiques, and a block from two Metro stops. The beds and bathrooms were top-flight and the space was excellent, at least twice the size of the 3-star hotel we stayed in in the Latin Quarter a few months ago.

The only downside was the road noise. Several mornings, we were awakened by dump trucks and workers jack-hammering at 7 a.m. We mentioned it to the hotel staff who told us they would take care of it.

The road noise could be minimized by staying in the interior rooms that don't have much of a view, but it could guarantee better sleep. The staff was helpful, friendly and knowledgeable, and the facilities and decor were lovely!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank calbrat
Dear Calbrat

Thank you for the positive review. We are delighted to know you enjoyed our location in Saint Germain des Pres. We are sorry about the noise you experienced. On your next stay make sure to reach out to our team so we can locate a quieter room for you to enjoy.

We look forward to having you return.

Best regards,