Hotel de Buci is a charming little boutique hotel in the heart of St.-Germain-des-pres neighborhood of Paris (a bustling, cafe-laden area). It's a very popular area with tourists, so in some ways it was a great location because it was incredibly easy to walk to all of the destinations we were interested in visiting (Musee d'Orsay, Louvre, Marais neighborhood, Rue Cler, Eiffel Tower, etc.).
We were very pleased with our stay overall, particularly the very attentive staff (Sanjay, the concierge, could not have been more friendly and accommodating, and the women and men at reception -- I didn't catch their names -- were wonderful). Be prepared to pay tourist prices, though -- my sense is that you pay for the location, and could probably find less expensive hotels/rooms for comparable quality in areas a bit more removed from the hustle/bustle.
Here are some tips for those who choose to stay here:
1) Be prepared for small rooms... they are really very, very tiny (e.g., barely room for suitcases next to the bed and tiny bathroom) but this was fine with us given that you don't go to Paris to stay in your hotel room! And the hotel does a great job of making the rooms very charming (and obviously clean) despite their size.
2) Request a room that faces the street rather than the back -- they are much more sunny and charming.
3) Avoid the restaurants in the immediate vicinity except for when you are just looking for coffee & pastries or cocktails. You can find more authentic food elsewhere.
4) One exception to #3 is that you should visit Little Breizh creperie just a block away. Incredibly charming and authentic spot -- an island in the middle of touristy cafes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An air of the 18th century lingers over the Latin Quarter in the heart of Saint-Germain-des-Pres... And a address at the refined, intimate Hotel de Buci. This 4-star boutique hotel took its inspiration from the great traditions of the Enlightenment. Bringing a modern touch to the boudoir, that great invention of the Louis XV period, this charming hotel on the Rue de Buci, with its 24 quintessentially Parisian rooms and suites, offers the unparalleled experience of a journey back in time. Centrally located in the centre of historic Saint-Germain-des-Pres, the hotel puts you right on the doorstep of all the leading art galleries, not to mention all the top luxury boutiques. Across the way from a typical street market, enjoy all the comfort of a luxury French hotel in central Paris as you experience the vibrant life of the Quartier Saint Germain des Pres and the whole of the left bank. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel De Buci by MH reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Buci Hotel
- De Buci Paris
- Hotel De Buci