My husband and I stayed in Room 505 at the Hotel du Cadran for 5 nights in October 2008. We had a lovely stay and agree with almost all of the comments in previous reviews.
Our room was neat and clean and nicely tidied every day by the housekeeper. Room 505 has a view of the top of the Eiffel Tower which was especially nice at night when the lights make the whole tower twinkle for 5-10 minutes at the top of each hour. The street was quiet at night and we found the bed comfortable. The room is tiny and there isn't a closet (just a place to hang 4 hangers) but that is typical for Paris where space is a premium everywhere!
The breakfast was included in our package and it included fresh juices, cereals, yougurt, canned fruit, delicious coffees (expresso/cappuchino machine) and teas, and wonderful baguettes with jam choices as well as a selection of pastries. It was tasty and very handy to have breakfast right at the hotel (served 7 - 10 am daily) but I'm not sure we would have paid 26 Euro (for two) each morning which is what is normally charged for the breakfast.
The location of this hotel is superb! It is right in between the Eiffel Tower and the Hotel des Invalides (Napoleon's Tomb/Army museum) with a 2 or 3 block walk to the nearest metro station. There are lots of shops and restaurants right by the hotel and a small grocery store (closed Sunday) across the street from the hotel. We strolled to dinner each night and found Le Cafe Constant to be our favorite.
We found the staff polite and helpful. Most speak English very well and they were quite helpful answering questions, making reservations, ordering a car to the airport etc. They happily loaned us an adapter (ours was outdated and didn't fit) and a cork screw which we appreciated.
There are a couple of areas the hotel could work on but again these were minor for us and didn't spoil our stay. The showers are goofy (see previous reviews) - great water pressure but it goes all over the place. The lobby definitely needs updating - the sofas are quite worn and the ceiling is spotty - but our room was updated and modern. And it would have been nice to have a proper closet but again, not an essential.
All in all we were very pleased with the Hotel du Cadran and would comfortably recommend it to anyone heading to Paris. Thank you to the staff for our lovely stay! Bonjour!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set half way between the Eiffel Tower and the Invalides Museum in a charming pedestrian street, the Hotel du Cadran is superbly located for exploring numerous tourist attractions, including the Champs Elysees, the Alma Bridge, or the superb Rodin Museum. The UNESCO building is only a 5-minute walk away. There are Metro stations near the hotel, including Ecole Militaire and the area offers a warm Parisian atmosphere. Explore the charming Rue Cler and its quality food shops, enjoy a drink, a coffee or a meal at one of numerous cafes and restaurants around our hotel and watch the world go by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel du Cadran Tour Eiffel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Du Cadran Tour Eiffel Hotel
- Hotel Du Cadran Tour Eiffel Paris