“Perfectly quaint Parisian boutique hotel in the absolute best location in Paris!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Saint Thomas D'Aquin
Ranked #1,351 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 13, 2010

This boutique hotel nestled between the Boulevard Saint Germain-des-Pres and the Seine River must be the absolute best value in all of Paris - a truly hidden gem. The location on a quiet side street, yet a short walk to all of the best that Paris has to offer, is unbeatable. The hotel is charming, quaint, chic, simple and perfectly Parisian. We were fortunate to have one of the few (if not only) rooms with a balcony - highly recommended. Highly, highly recommended. I cannot imagine a better value in all of Paris.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thealbaughs2000

Reviewed January 14, 2010

I have been in Paris at the beginning of January and I chose this tiny hotel in the hearth of Saint Germain. All my espectations have been satisfied. I have found a familiar environment, with friendly attendants like Denis, an ideal position, close to the main spots and yet isolated from the chaotic boulevards. I really reccommend this hotel to those who desire to spend their time in Paris in a tiny place, with unpretentious yet attentive service, where you can find at home.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thetraveler72
Reviewed December 31, 2009

A beautiful little hotel on an obscure side street. Exactly the charm one thinks of in a European hotel of long tradition. Charming, welcoming, lovely rooms (ours had full-length (French, bien sur!) doors opening to a little balcony looking onto the street. Nice service, petit dejeuner,.. I would go there again in a moment!

Stayed: May 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank LeannaLoomer
Reviewed December 23, 2009

When travelling to Paris with my boyfriend we were looking for a hotel which had a very central location, surrounded by nice restaurants and was perfect for a romantic trip away.
Hotel saint thomas d'aquin made our trip to Paris extremely enjoyable. The customer service we recieved from hotel staff was lovely. Everyone was very kind and the receptionist had great resturants recommendations.The room was very clean and confortable and the hotel is only a short walk from Notre Dame and the Louvre.I would deffiantly recommend this hotel to anyone and i thoroughly enjoyed my time there!!!

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goodreport
Reviewed December 15, 2009

The Hotel St. Thomas d'Aquin was recommended to me by a colleague, for my first trip to Paris. I went by myself, and the recommendation was solid - the hotel is small, very quiet, neat, and has all the amenities you might need, including an elevator, beautiful (yet small) modern bathroom, a bar, room service, etc. Of course the rooms are very small, but if one has read or heard anything about Paris, that is completely to be expected. The hotel is on a lovely, extremely quiet street (although you will hear city sounds at times - Paris is a big city, and to expect silence anywhere at any time is simply unrealistic!)

Anyway, here is the story that I must tell to exemplify how well I was treated by the staff. Upon arrival on my first afternoon (also my birthday), I was greeted by a lovely woman named Michele, who took a good half hour to kindly point out different walking routes on a map, explained the Metro system, helped me make a dinner reservation, even offered to help me plan an itinerary for the following day. So kind.

That might have been enough, but this is where it gets really good. When I first arrived, Michele handed me my key, and I went upstairs to my room. I opened the door...and there was a dress all spread out on the bed. At first I thought I'd accidentally keyed into someone else's room, but then I realized that I recognized the dress - I had bought it a month earlier back in New York, and then decided to return it because it cost as much as a night in my hotel in Paris, and I just realized I didn't really need it, as much as I wanted it for my trip. There was a note next to the dress, in handwriting that I recognized - it was from a man that I'm dating in New York. He'd bought the dress, and had it sent to Paris for my birthday, and the staff had helped him to coordinate the surprise. No small feat, either, considering that he speaks not a single word of French.

At that moment, I fell in love with Paris, my soon-to-be boyfriend in New York - and the staff of the Hotel St. Thomas d'Aquin. I went back downstairs to thank Michele, and she smiled and told me how happy they were to help. Even better, as different staff members filtered through during my stay, when I introduced myself, they would smile and say, "ah, yes - the dress!" I think they all got a kick out of being part of such a romantic gesture. Special thanks to Denis for his help, to Michele, of course, and Hugo, and Jerome, and the other staff members whose names escape me - I should have written them all down so that I might properly thank them here. Needless to say, I had a wonderful, wonderful stay. Would highly recommend.

Only two quick caveats - the street on which the hotel is located, rue du Pre aux Clercs, is not well known by most taxi drivers, so do make sure you have a map and get your bearings before you ask someone to drive you home. It's very easy to find - just off Blvd. St. Germain - but many people were not familiar with the street name.

The other thing - and this is very small, but I want to mention it - this is not a "lively" hotel at all. The bar area is always quiet and often deserted. I enjoyed that, as I would rather have my fun elsewhere and come home to a nice calm atmosphere, but if you are looking for any sort of mingling bar scene, you'll have to find another spot. You're located within blocks of an incredibly bustling area of cafes, restaurants, and bars, so don't worry!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank justjanuary
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Stayed in this hotel again this Decembre, it was my 5th time here, love it ! Stylish and french with a lovely staff, helps you with everything you need. Very clean and delicate. The location couldn't be better ! It's my favorite.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ane_myhre
Reviewed December 4, 2009

The hotel had very small rooms, the bedroom ended and the bathrooms began. The hotel is old and quaint but not bad for the location, placed near Rue De Bac metro station, makes travelling around easy.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank GSoi