“Lovely, small hotel”

Hotel Saint Thomas D'Aquin
Ranked #1,340 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Hotel is perfectly located to feel right at home in Rive Gauche in one of the quiet streets close to Les Deux Magots, Cafe de Flore mand Brasserie Lipp. Everything from Louvre to Notre Dame is on walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Saint Thomas D'Aquin

Reviewed March 24, 2014

There are pros and cons about this hotel. excellent and friendly services, the street and borough is excellent. It is clean, the pillows aren't great and I finally was given an extra cover which had seen better days. relatively silent apart from road works but it is not their fault.
The cons, I think the room was very small but it is Paris after all, and without breakfast, I thought it was pricey for quality versus price. However I will go back if I need to because it is still a good hotel for Paris and the location is exceptional.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This quaint hotel is perfectly located to walk to the Louvre, Musee D'Orsay and Notre Dame. The hotel room is comfortable and fairly quiet as we had to leave the window open at night. I would recommend skipping the breakfast and grab a café and croissant at Eric Kaysers around the corner. Hotel staff are very friendly, even offering to lend us an umbrella for the day. Only draw back it is a little a bit of hike to the nearest metro when you are dragging luggage. But I would definitely return.
And to save time I would recommend buying tickets on line as the lines were horrendous!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kerpsgirl
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Best thing about hotel is location, and next best is that it is quiet. But my single room was tiny, even by Parisian standards, and I disliked the rubber sheeting under the bedsheet and dim lighting. Also lift did not go to our floor, so there was an extra flight of stairs. Service was extremely friendly, though not 100% professional (for example, they didn't have a converter plug). Breakfast, brought to room, was pleasant. Still, the friendly attitude of staff and wonderful location made it a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel was perfect for a mini-stay in central Paris: just a few minutes walk from the Louvre, the Latin Quarter, the best boulangerie (Eric Kaysers) and great cafes and galleries. The rooms are lovely, with all expected mod cons. The street was quiet, so a good night's sleep is assured. And the staff on the desk could not be more lovely - helpful, friendly and simply lovely people! I'd definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank homecoming
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I'm not sure when (or where!) the website photos were taken but the actual hotel was nothing like the photos. It's a tiny, dated and dingy little walk up (lift never worked the whole time we were there so we had to lug bags up 5 flights of tiny old stairs - not that I would have gotten in the ancient lift anyway). I was actually shocked and was convinced I was in the wrong hotel at first, and literally cried that I was in Paris in such a dump. The room was tiny but I will say it was kept clean and ended up being serviceable. The location is a pain, equally distant between 2 Metro stops, not close enough to either to be that convenient and VERY noisy at night. I wouldn't recommend it and wouldn't stay there again - it worked OK in the end but a huge disappointment in most ways. One night upon arriving back to the hotel the clerk called me back to the desk when I was halfway up the stairs demanding to see my key (I'd been there several days and why on earth would I be going in there if I wasn't staying there!). Just weird and off-putting.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MSCHY
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great location next to everthing off the Boulevard St. Germain. The hotel has a charming exterior. However rooms are a little disappointing as pokey, dark and a bit run down. (Note : this is fairly frequent in Parisien hotels) Breakfast is decent enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple