“NOT as pictured!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Saint Thomas D'Aquin
Ranked #1,351 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I'm not sure when (or where!) the website photos were taken but the actual hotel was nothing like the photos. It's a tiny, dated and dingy little walk up (lift never worked the whole time we were there so we had to lug bags up 5 flights of tiny old stairs - not that I would have gotten in the ancient lift anyway). I was actually shocked and was convinced I was in the wrong hotel at first, and literally cried that I was in Paris in such a dump. The room was tiny but I will say it was kept clean and ended up being serviceable. The location is a pain, equally distant between 2 Metro stops, not close enough to either to be that convenient and VERY noisy at night. I wouldn't recommend it and wouldn't stay there again - it worked OK in the end but a huge disappointment in most ways. One night upon arriving back to the hotel the clerk called me back to the desk when I was halfway up the stairs demanding to see my key (I'd been there several days and why on earth would I be going in there if I wasn't staying there!). Just weird and off-putting.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MSCHY

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great location next to everthing off the Boulevard St. Germain. The hotel has a charming exterior. However rooms are a little disappointing as pokey, dark and a bit run down. (Note : this is fairly frequent in Parisien hotels) Breakfast is decent enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JamesMunro13
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights while on vacation. The central location allowed us to walk to most major sights including Jardin Luxembourg and the Opera Garnier. There is good shopping and restaurants nearby.The room was rather small but had a nice large window and a closet with a mirror. I missed having a lighted mirror near the table while dressing. The bathroom is very small but interestingly lined with faux leather panels. The breakfast service came in handy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

It was the 3rd time I staied with my wife in this small french fashioning hotel - sometimes for Holiday sometime for business - so I'm really satisfied of my choise -
the location is fantastic not only to visit the "beaux arts" area, but also for the connections with the rest of the city -
Note for overseas travellers : do not mind to the rate between price/room size if you are customed to international standards
rooms are really small, but authentic:.. in fact looking at the building, old and well maintened, you can understand that could be impossible to have bigger room, or normal sized bathrooms etc...
Guys, you are in the old city center of Paris !!
price not low but anyway not higher than the average of this area
Service, cleaness etc.. all ok
breakfast.. I think it should be fine of course, but we never had because all around there are very interesting sites for breakfast and more
perfect for couples looking for a romantic weekend runaway from job stress

Room Tip: The Street is very quiet, so there are not great difference about location between the rooms -
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Granted the location of this hotel couldn’t be better. It is in the heart of St. Germain and near many tourist spots and close to the metro. However, considering the price, the room left a lot to be desired. It was a, not unusual, small room. There was insufficient light to read and the furnishings and bedclothes were dingy. The bathroom had mold in some of the grouting and tiles were loose. The bathtub/shower was high and difficult to enter. There was an extremely helpful young man at the desk. However, when he was not on duty, the desk clerks left a lot to be desired. I would not recommend this hotel even though its location was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Xanadu444
Reviewed June 6, 2013

4 + We picked this hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor, location and price and it worked. We were two couples traveling and each had a room facing the street. It was very quiet at night and allowed us to have the window open while we slept. The only reason I would not give the hotel the full rating (maybe wrongly) is that the room and bathroom was very small. (The left room was slightly larger). A larger size person may have some problems in the bathroom :-)

It was very clean, staff was friendly and helpful for the most part. (kudos to the two young men working the front desk who very helpful and accommodating). The location is walking distance to three Metro lines , the Orsay and the Louvre.

Definitely recommend.

We did not have breakfast at the hotel but rather walked up the street to a cafe so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chrisnva2
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We booked on line after seeing favorable reviews. We like smaller hotels, and this one fitted the bill. It's in easy walking distance to Louvre, Notre Dame and other major attractions. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was lovely. The rooms are small, but we did expect that. They did forget our towels a few times, but a visit to reception sorted that out. We love this area, very safe, and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over the street, fun to watch the passing parade
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple