5,096 results
All reviewscharles michelsseine riverclose to eiffel towerminute walkfamily roomcorner roomconcierge desksuperior roommetro stationbooked this hotelaround the cornernotre damejavelbeaugrenellemonoprixsienesupermarket
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I purchased this hotel through Priceline doing a search for a 4 star hotel near the Eiffel Tower. The main thing going for this hotel is its proximity to the Eiffel Tower. Our room would not get cool and there was no sheet to cover up with which seemed odd. The refrigerator did not cool our food well.
We were in the bar on one of our last nights there and we saw three mice which grossed us out!!!! We told the staff and they kind of shrugged their shoulders and went on. I would not consider this a four star hotel. From what I saw, I would say it is 1 star at the most. I would not recommend this hotel at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OkPoe
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I think European standards of star level are lower than American. That said, this hotel room was an excellent but frustrating value. Maybe only 3 stars by US standards.

Excellent because their rack rate was $550 a night and we paid 70% less than that. Frustrating because every time we needed help we did not get it without making a fuss. The favorite response of the staff at this hotel seemed to be "NO!".

For example, there were generally three windows open at the front desk in the lobby. You would enter one line to exchange currency and wait 10-15 minutes only to be told when you reach the counter that you need to "stand in that line" so the process begins again. I swear I heard Homer Simpson going "DOH!". This happened more than once to us and it could have been avoided with a simple sign that said "exchange here" or something similar.

The bathroom sink in our room was clogged and it was not repaired until we asked about it. Funny the maid didn't notice and report it. The repair man left dirty footprints in the shower and some of their tools in the bathroom. Not sure why he was in the shower. Speaking of the shower, at this star level you would expect a bathtub...there was none.

Internet charges in the room were very high at $21 Euros a day or $6 Euros an hour and one of the two lobby computers for customers to use was not working during most of our stay. The lobby computers had twenty minute time limits which, in theory is wise but in reality when you are trying to make reservations in a foreign language is not so practical as time ran out before we could complete our task and we lost everything whereby we asked the concierge for assistance and were told they could not help us in any way.

And so goes the "service experience" at this hotel....very nice room with very comfy beds at a great rate with little or no service whatsoever.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank dbonner
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Our room had a fantastic view.Our room was on 28th floor and it was very clean. Stuff was very helpful. Location was very good .It was close to tube station,restaurants,supermarket and walking distance to eiffel tower. They had a safety box and mini bar in the room which we really appreciated:) Generally it was a lovely,comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2010

My wife and I are veteran Paris vacationers. On previous trips we found nice little out of the way "mom and pop" types of places in the two star range. We've always been fine with our rooms. This time we purchased our stay at Novotel in advance with airfare. I looked up the hotel and reviews and was a little nervous...
All I can say is that most of the reviews on this site are more or less accurate. BUT! I think that most are comparing it to a hotel in the U.S. For Paris, it's a really nice hotel. When I say "for Paris", I mean...The room is slightly larger than most. The bed was large and comfortable enough. The view wasn't of the Eiffel Tower or any other site, but still nice. The cleanliness was what I expected...they DO have daily housekeeping (lots of places don't). People have complained about the lack of air conditioning. The room was warm, and the air a bit anemic...however, in April, people in Paris are still dressed for winter. The central air wasn't on yet...it was fine.
The neighborhood is very residental. The hotel shares a block with two apartment buildings. There were a couple times when kids were up to no good, but nothing scary. directly across the square is a grocery store (Monoprix) with everyting, a bakery up the road on the way to the Metro. There is a big renovation/constructino project going on now, not noisy, just a little unsightly...but we were up and out of there and visiting the city so who really cares.
Typically, the only English language channels on TV are pretty much 4 news channels, a sports channel and one BBC channel. If you wanna watch tv that is.
Overall, we'll definatly look at going back next time.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2010

1 night at this hotel was enough. Reception is too small for the size of the hotel. Room was small and functional, probably ok for a 4 Star in Paris. I did not get the feeling that the room was particularly well kept, although the sheets and towels were clean. Bed was comfortable. Room quiet. I did not pay for the room myself, but just by looking at the prices posted in the hotel, then the quality/price ratio is not ok. Fitness room costs 20 €/day. Waited quite a while to get an elevator in the morning (from the 24th floor). Tried to call the concierge, but could never get a hold of him. Not impressed, for a 4 star. Staff at reception polite. Location is central, although the neighborhood is not the best. Breakfast was average. Overall an acceptable business hotel, but I would not go there for a private trip.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business