5,134 results
All reviews charles michels bir hakeim seine river close to eiffel tower minute walk family room corner room concierge desk superior room metro station booked this hotel around the corner notre dame javel beaugrenelle monoprix siene
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Wasn't too thrilled with my overall experience at the Novotel. Very nice staff, but the rooms were so claustrophobic with no way to ventilate and even in 40 some degree weather, my room was too hot. They gave me a fan, but it only helped a little. If it was this hot in the room in November, I could NEVER stay there in the summer, their a/c is non-existent, if this is any indication. I was dying to get some fresh air and would never stay there again. I also felt trapped with no way to open any windows, especially in a fire. The carpets are horrible and the location is so-so. Rather dumpy area. Nice bakery around the corner and a Monoprix grocery store, but that's it. Metro's are not right there, you have to walk aways. overall, I would not choose this hotel again!

• Stayed: November 2008
2  Thank skykeutie
Reviewed November 2, 2008

It was with some trepidation that we went to this hotel, it was booked as part of a package deal through a travel agent as a romantic get away for my partner and i, so of course, when I found out the name of the hotel we were staying at I immediately went to trip advisor to read reviews of it!
There seemed to be very little good said about the Novotel Tour Eiffel hotel, about the rudeness of the staff, the safety of the area it was situated in and in fact generally poor reviews all round, even the location was criticised.
We travelled by the Eurostar from St. Pancras direct to the Garde de Nord, the hotel is at most a 20 minute taxi ride away which cost us a grand total of 16 Euros!
On our arrival we went to check in and were greeted by a very friendly receptionist called Sarah, who much to my delight spoke perfect English (my French language skills are “poor” at best!) we checked in with no hassle what so ever and were given a room on the 12th floor (room 1228!), the lifts really are as fast as previously mentioned by others and upon getting to the room we were delighted to find that despite other reviews, it was clean and modern with a superb view over looking Paris and the river Seine. The bathroom had a large bath and separate shower and as with the room it was clean and modern. Complimentary teas and coffees were also in the room and these were replaced everyday by housekeeping, who also cleaned and tidied our room to an excellent standard every day as well.
Breakfast, the following morning, was also cause for concern according to other reviews, this (for my partner and I at least) also turned out to be unfounded. The breakfast buffet consisted of sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, sautéed potatoes, toast, more types of cheese than you could possibly ever require(!) croissants, fruit (fresh and various fruit salad mixes), various cold meats, coffee, tea, fresh fruit juices and I’ve doubtless forgotten other delights as well.
Now to the hotels location, it’s a maximum 5 minute walk from the nearest metro station, and the Eiffel tower is probably another 5 to 10 minutes walking past the metro station at the most. As for the area being unsafe (?) at no time at all did either myself or my partner feel threatened or unsafe in any way, the area isn’t “run down” at all although there was a building being/been demolished about 300 metres away from the hotel there was absolutely NO noise or dust, and we didn’t hear a thing in our room at all.
We did quite a lot of walking around Paris whilst we were there (what better way to soak up the atmosphere of a city with so much culture) and didn’t find it difficult to walk from the hotel to the bottom of the Champs de Elysees which probably took us about half an hour or so (and we’re not particularly fast walkers it should be noted!) so you’ve then got a choice of turning right to go to the Louvre or left to walk up to the Champs de Elysees towards the Arc de Triumphe .
I’ve added pictures of our room and the view from it, please feel free to judge for yourselves and I welcome any comments you may have about this review.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
8  Thank robbycox
Reviewed November 1, 2008

I usually take heed of comments made on Trip Advisor, but this time I am glad that I didn't. We were a family party - grandparents, parents and two boys - 6 of us but different generations, so quite a challenge. We all had a great time. Our rooms were clean - breakfast was excellent - staff were always polite and helpful. We ate in the restaurant as the weather was so cold and wet one evening and had a really delightful meal. The children's menu was particularly good value. This was such a success, that we used the restaurant a second time. We also enjoyed the bar - for our evening hot chocolate, etc! Although quite a 'frugal-minded' family, we did not think the prices were that high. For us, it was a relaxing atmosphere, which we all appreciated at the end of a tiring sightseeing day. The pool was free and enjoyed by us. The location was very convenient - we visited Disney, Sacre Coeur area, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre etc etc. The batobus stop was convenient. All-in-all we had 4 nights at this hotel and fully enjoyed our half-term break.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank CarmenBedford
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Stayed here for a romantic break and was not disappointed.I have read some of the other reviews and really don't agree with many of the negatives raised.
It was a 5 minute walk from Bir Hakem (and that was wearing ridiculous shoes!)
The area was not run down or dodgy, at no point did I feel unsafe, and would not have felt uncomfortable after dark on my own.
I can't comment on the upper floors but we were staying on floor 17 and the rooms were extremely well equipped, the bathroom was clean, bright and modern and the beds were very comfortable. The view over the Seine was lovely.
Breakfast was great. A full hot and really tasty buffet, loads of pastries, cheeses, smoked salmon, hams. That was the only place we went to in 3 days, despite meaning to check out the japanese breakfast in the other hotel restaurant.
The hotel bar closed at 1am when we were there. This I know because we couldn't get a second night cap!
I can't comment about the pool because we were too interested in seeing Paris to even bother to check it out.
This is not a busy area and is not awash with restaurants, but Rue Monttessuy is only a 20 minute walk away, just past the Eiffel Tower and there is plenty of choice there.
The only reason that I haven't given it 5 stars is because it's a chain hotel and as a result it's not very individual, but what you lose in individuality is compensated by the guaranteed quality.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DonnaMFriendly
Reviewed October 5, 2008

This Hotel is not in a good location, run down, felt unsafe after dark and a longish walk to The Eiffel Tower.
The room on the 25th floor was very small, bathroom minute and no shower, airconditioning faulty. We asked to be moved and were moved the following day to the 9th floor where the room was a great improvement and a nice view of The Seine.
Drinks in the bar were accompanied by a visit of a mouse.
Breakfast was average and a poor choice of juices.
Check in desk were not especially helpful or friendly, however The Concierge went out of his way to help us he was very friendly and professional.
We were very glad to leave !

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank janietinkerbell