“Foam mattresses? Really?”

Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
Ranked #742 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My room was ok. Just. Shower was ok just too. View ok from 19th floor, glimpse of the Tower above neighbouring buildings. Weird noises all night, like someone washing dishes next door, clunking and bumping.
But the bed... Squeaky springs (I think so the staff can raise the bed to change the sheets etc, good for them but not for the sleeper) and foam mattress. Can't they spring for a real one with the prices charged? I realise it's high season but I paid a lot for this room for one night and it's just not worth it. Work booked this for me and I will recommend they don't book anyone else here.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My husband is attending a convention in this hotel so we thought we'd stay here. First impression was how unfriendly the guy checking someone else out was unfriendly. The lady who checked us in was nice though. When we got to our room, we were not impressed. It looked old. But what made it worse was that the bath tub did not look clean, bed is springy and old looking. Tonight is our second night here and I am still wide awake because of the cigarettes smoke that I can smell coming into our room. It's 2:30am. We hadn't realized that there were smoking rooms and weren't informed that ours would be in the middle of the rooms that allow smoking. I'm almost 18 months pregnant and showing, so when they checked us in, it would have been nice to not put a pregnant lady in a room where she will be inhaling 2nd hand smoke when trying to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Mldiep
L-Mauguit, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Mldiep,

I would like to thank you for your feedback concerning your stay.

Your impressions have been taken into consideration and I thank you for having this situation made known to me.

I regret to learn about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I understand your disappointment with regards to the quality of service and ask you to accept my sincere apologies.

The attitude of each person has been made known to my front office manager, this to acquire all the necessary measures to prevent the reoccurrence of a similar situation.

For the situation on the smoking room, this is only given to guests who requests for them. I have to mention that some guests do smoke in their rooms, even if they were attibuted non-smoking rooms. I can understand that this is no good for a lady, even if she is a 2nd hand smoker, almost 18 months pregnant.

I hope that this experience will not tarnish the image of all Novotels and inspite of this experience, hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I like the location near the Eiffel Tower and the River. The train isn't far either. There's a grocery store within a block! The room is poor-average, tried to spiff it up, but it needs more work.The beds are uncomfortable, the sheets are old looking, like on grandma's spare bed.The workout room is an afterthought, on the pool deck(the pool was empty), and not well lit, or nice AT ALL....No ice in the hallway, no iron in the room. My room stunk also, can't remember the room number.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Mauguit-Laurent, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Dear GTrooper,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay.

Your comments on have been taken into consideration. It is with regret to read that you did not enjoy your stay.

I would like to let you know that we are changing our mattresses very soon and we hope that your next stay will be more comfortable.

It is a pity that you did not enjoy the facilities of the hotel. Inspite of this, I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stay for almost a week in this hotel which is a good time to formulate a good opinion. the place is like a market. It takes for ever to get to reception. The first receptionist I encountered was the worst. She dismissed me before even looking into the computer to tell me I came 2 hours early. Her attitude was so arrogant. That started off a very bad time in that hotel where you are given the since that they REALLY do not need your business. I came back in the evening. When I entered the room, it was smoking room with awful smell, I called and as usual they took their time to answer then I was told oh you mind? I was not even asked. I was then told that they do not have another room for the night. they did not have even the courtesy to transfer my luggage. I had to transfer my luggage myself. My clothes were reeking of smoke. It was very expensive for what you get which in my case a room with dirty rug, no breakfast, bad quality beds that squeaks when you turn and less than average amenities. In my opinion this is not 4 star hotel. It is a good walking distance to the nearest metro station and there are many hotels in the area which are not attached to chain hotels and strive to serve their clients in a better way and less expensive. It was such a waste of good junk of money.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank OSHY1
L-Mauguit, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear OSHY1,

Your comments have been taken into consideration and I thank you for having this situation made known to me.

The situation that you had experienced is certainly not a true reflection of the high quality upon which the Novotel Tour Eiffel prides itself and we are confident that your next stay will be a pleasant one.

As disappointed as you are in writing the review, I am disappointed to learn that we were not up to our standards.

Your feedback has been brought to the attention of my different managers to take all the necessary actions in order to prevent similar situations in the future.

I hope that this experience will not tarnish the image of this hotel and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had many issues with this hotel. The property was built in the 70s, is very big, with many, many rooms and convention space. Getting down the elevators around 9 AM can be a challenge, specially if you are in one of the lower floors. Not our case, fortunately. The equipment in general is a little worn, specially carpets. We had trouble with our shower, where temperature would not stay constant, circling from cold to too hot. No solution provided after complaint. The service at their café was awful, had to wait more than half and hour for a ice cream dessert that never came, except when we decided to leave. In all, it feels more like a three star hotel than a four star.

Definitely not our kind of hotel. Would no stay again or recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear maumac,

Thank you for your comments on your stay.

I regret to learn that you did not have a good experience here with regards to the quality of service and ask you to accept my sincere apologies.

I will take it up with the managers concerned to acquire all the necessary measures in order to prevent the reoccurrence of similar situations.

I hope that this experience will not tarnish the image of all Novotels and look forward sincerely to have the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel again.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This huge complex is made for mass tourism and business people who don't care wasting time waiting for elevators packed with people. Of course the view from top rooms is stunning over Paris, but carpets are dirty, amenities scarce and the choice for breakfast limited (only two sorts of cheese in a country that produces hundreds!). Staff are just courteous but often overwhelmed. Overall, not what you would expect for such a price and reputation.

Room Tip: Top rooms have the best view but be prepared to wait for elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MarcF1

Dear MarcF1

I would like to thank you for your feedback on your stay.

I regret to learn that you are not overwhelmed with your experience and your stay with us.

It is a pity that you have this impression that the hotel is a tourist factory. In spite of this, I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Family of 4, just got in from a busy day to find no water. It is off midnight to 5am for maintenance. We were given no warning at check in and no note in the room. Who would even think to expect this? Totally unacceptable. The night manager just brought us 3 small bottles for drinking, brushing teeth and washing!

If we had been told maybe we could have got back earlier or filled the tub...

What can I say? A basic campsite at least has a tap to fill a bucket. Will be looking for a refund on this.

Will post an update

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Steve B

Dear Steve B,

I would like to thank you for your comments left here.

I regret to learn about the inconveniences you and your family had experienced during your stay. I understand your disappointment with regards to the quality of service and ask you to accept my sincere apologies.

A technical control on the water is done every three months to ensure a best quality and comfort for our guests.

A message was posted up in every elevator and it might not have drawn your attention. I have informed the Front desk manager to ensure that the receptionists give more information to our guests when required.

Yours faithfully,