5,145 results
All reviews charles michels bir hakeim seine river close to eiffel tower minute walk family room corner room concierge desk superior room metro station booked this hotel around the corner notre dame javel beaugrenelle monoprix siene
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had many issues with this hotel. The property was built in the 70s, is very big, with many, many rooms and convention space. Getting down the elevators around 9 AM can be a challenge, specially if you are in one of the lower floors. Not our case, fortunately. The equipment in general is a little worn, specially carpets. We had trouble with our shower, where temperature would not stay constant, circling from cold to too hot. No solution provided after complaint. The service at their café was awful, had to wait more than half and hour for a ice cream dessert that never came, except when we decided to leave. In all, it feels more like a three star hotel than a four star.

Definitely not our kind of hotel. Would no stay again or recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
L-Mauguit, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear maumac,

Thank you for your comments on your stay.

I regret to learn that you did not have a good experience here with regards to the quality of service and ask you to accept my sincere apologies.

I will take it up with the managers concerned to acquire all the necessary measures in order to prevent the reoccurrence of similar situations.

I hope that this experience will not tarnish the image of all Novotels and look forward sincerely to have the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel again.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This huge complex is made for mass tourism and business people who don't care wasting time waiting for elevators packed with people. Of course the view from top rooms is stunning over Paris, but carpets are dirty, amenities scarce and the choice for breakfast limited (only two sorts of cheese in a country that produces hundreds!). Staff are just courteous but often overwhelmed. Overall, not what you would expect for such a price and reputation.

Room Tip: Top rooms have the best view but be prepared to wait for elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MarcF1

Dear MarcF1

I would like to thank you for your feedback on your stay.

I regret to learn that you are not overwhelmed with your experience and your stay with us.

It is a pity that you have this impression that the hotel is a tourist factory. In spite of this, I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Family of 4, just got in from a busy day to find no water. It is off midnight to 5am for maintenance. We were given no warning at check in and no note in the room. Who would even think to expect this? Totally unacceptable. The night manager just brought us 3 small bottles for drinking, brushing teeth and washing!

If we had been told maybe we could have got back earlier or filled the tub...

What can I say? A basic campsite at least has a tap to fill a bucket. Will be looking for a refund on this.

Will post an update

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Steve B

Dear Steve B,

I would like to thank you for your comments left here.

I regret to learn about the inconveniences you and your family had experienced during your stay. I understand your disappointment with regards to the quality of service and ask you to accept my sincere apologies.

A technical control on the water is done every three months to ensure a best quality and comfort for our guests.

A message was posted up in every elevator and it might not have drawn your attention. I have informed the Front desk manager to ensure that the receptionists give more information to our guests when required.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband got out honeymoon and would highly recommend! The room was lovely and it's walking distance from the Eiffel Tower and train station. The concierge were wonderful and breakfast was lovely. Would stay again!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katy B
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here from 25/6 to 28/6.

The Great:

Staff: Nothing but true professionals in every sense of the word. Very knowledgeable and helpful at every turn.

The View: Stayed in room 2012, could see every major monument in Paris save the Tour Eiffel, not the hotels fault, someone built a building in the way.

The Good:
The Bed and sofa bed were relatively comfortable, even though sleeping on the sofa bed felt like sleeping at downward angle.

Room layout was nice and spacious enough for Family to easily move about and have our own arm space.

The Bad: The Carpet and flooring in general was in poor condition. heavily stained and in definite need of replacement. While floor was vacuumed and clean of any debris, you'd never know by looking at the carpet. Also the curtains do not close all of the way (no overlap), so you have light streaks in the room...

The UGLY: The shower. It leaked horribly. During a 5 minute shower, more than 2 liter of water found its way out of the shower and onto the bathroom floor. There is a significant design flaw in how the shower is sealed at the hinge of the door.

Frustrations: Lack of nearby money machine (which by the way is a 7 minute walk from Hotel), would be nice to have Bank Machine in Lobby or in Taxi Staging area (as the taxi's rarely accept debit or credit cards)

Room Tip: Rooms facing attractions are the best
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
L-Mauguit, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear VRidgley,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments and the interesting remarks concerning your stay with us.

I would like to mention that the carpets are changed regularly when they are worned and unfortunately your room was not made known to the housekeepers. I apologise for your dissatisfaction.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,