“Great”

Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
Ranked #747 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Good points:
It was a really good hotel
In the city centre
Lovely shopping centre on your door
Eiffel Tower down the road
Good breakfasts
Friendly staff
Modern contemporary look
Bad points:
Shower leaky and you can't see it behind the door and ours was only cold so had to hold the bath one up for myself
Beds are really far apart
Fussy tv
Safe wasn't open to use so no safe practically

But over all I would stay again

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Jude S

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I went to Paris for the weekend and booked this hotel for the good reputation it holds. However once we arrived at the hotel there was no staff available at the reception desk for 10 minutes, once we finally got to the room after a tiring journey the beds were awful and instead of a mattress it was like we were sleeping on sponges. The pillows were just as bad, but it compensated for this, as the rooms and toilet was clean.

If there is no breakfast in the package you buy, its 20 euros per person so fairly expensive.

However apart from all of this on our last day when I we had checked out of the hotel I had forgot my very expensive designer purse in the safe box. Upon this I called the hotel while we were still touring around Paris as we had time for our train back to London.
The receptionist told me that the housekeeping staff would hand it down to reception, so upon this I felt relieved. We headed back to the hotel and when I arrived at the reception I told the receptionist about the situation. After a series of telephone conversations the receptionist told me that the technician arrived in the room and said the box was empty, and that there was no purse and there was nothing the hotel can do about it.

After I refused to leave without my purse, and after a lot of shouting and arguing my purse miraculously appeared out of nowhere. When I asked her were the purse came from she just turned her back to me. If I had not been so persistent I would have not got my purse back, all of the staff was unhelpful and made me feel so guilty for trying to get my own item back.

This experience ruined our whole trip and the Novotel certainly does not live up to its reputation.

4  Thank yunus a
DenisGauthier, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for having taken your time to give me this feedback.

I can imagine your disappointment after the experience that you had went through. I apologise sincerely for the attitude and the non professionalisme of my staff. This point will be taken into serious consideration by my managers and myself.

I hope that this experience will not tarnish the image of Novotels and look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Denis Gauthier

Reviewed November 28, 2013

First of all, BEFORE YOU UNPACK, make sure the internet, fridge, water, drains, and hair dryer are in working order. I learned this from prior visits to this hotel, but this was by far one of the worst hotel experience that I have had. I was given a smoking room which was unacceptable. But trying to change it was a total inconvenience. That being said, the hotel had NO running water from 10am-5pm, their "new" wireless system did not work, and the "new" renovation was obviously incomplete, as I was awakened by jack-hammering at various hours. The beds do not have a fitting, and they are spring loaded onto the floor. So imagine my surprise when I woke up and got out of bed and the bed "sprung" 3 feet into the air. Oh, and it only took 4 (yes, count them, FOUR) visits by various housekeeping maintenance personnel to fix it, the last being at 4am. The beds are very uncomfortable, and the sheet quality is worse.
The location is great, but do yourself a favor and stay at the lovely Mercure just a few blocks away, or anwhere else nearby. Save the headache for the morning after that last after dinner drink...
Most of the staff that I have encountered have been inconsiderate of very simple personal needs.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mmm072853
DenisGauthier, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for your numerous visits to the hotel in spite of the fact that you had several problems during your prior stays.

I appreciate fully your feedback and your critics have been read and shared with my managers. Each point will be looked into and we will seek to improve our different services.

I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience that you had undergone during your last stay which had exasperated you completely.

I hope that this experience will not tarnish the image of all Novotels and nevertheless do look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel again.

Best regards,

Denis Gauthier

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed on the 31th floor rooms 3129 and 3112, elevator stops on the 30th floor but it's only a few stairs up to the top floor. both rooms had great views of the Seine and 3112 has a partial view of the Eiffel Tower (top half). THE FRONT DESK COULD NOT BE MORE HELPFUL, FREINDLY OR ACCOMMODATING!!! The surrounding area is great to wander about and tour and a little less touristy than other areas, Bir-Hakeim Metro and the Javel RER/Metro are about a 10 min walk and the Charles Michels Metro is short 5 min walk away. The Boulangerie pastery shop near the Charles Michels Metro is incredible and a great place to stop to have a bite.
Some reviews note the smaller size rooms, remember your in Europe, they are all a little smaller than North American hotels but really how much time do you actually spend there anyhow? and yes the décor is dated but not a deal breaker. We would happily recommend this property.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank brystacey
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Just came back from Paris with my sister for a weekend away to watch France V South Africa. Booked via lastminute.com on a secret hotel booking. Really impressed with the location (if you don't mind a little walk to the metro station). Round the corner from a large shopping centre and Eiffel Tower... perfect! Rooms were small but clean. Beds Comfortable!

My one big issue was the staff. I've worked within hotels for the last 10 years and being polite is basic. None of the staff on the reception had this. I asked for them to make sure that my room key was still working before going all the way up to the 31st floor (best view) and having to come all the way back down! One staff member "huffed" at me when I approached the desk because he was closing cashing up his money and then told me to go and see another member of staff. She then also "huffed" at me... told me that all she could do was re-program the key to my room number rather than check that it was working.. I didn't care what she did to it as long as I could get into my room!!!! She then pretty much threw the key back at me and then walked off. NEVER ASK THEM TO RE-PROGRAM YOUR ROOM KEY!

On another occasion, I wanted a stamp to send a postcard home. Lobby shop doesn't stock them...told me to go to the Luggage department (located on the same desk as Concierge)... they told me I had to go to Reception.... who looked shocked that they had told me to go there... to be then sent back to Concierge. Not one customer in the lobby...they weren't busy../. any reason why any of these departments couldn't have called the other so that I didn't have the treck around the lobby??? Maybe they wanted to see how many departments they could send me to???

Also... if your looking for transfers to take you from the airport to the centre of Paris... look into the service with AirFrance. Doesn't matter if you aren't travelling with them and it's 17e each. Don't attempt it on the Metro... it's not like London... limited on lifts... loads of steps! And when your there, you can buy 10 trips on the Metro for 13e.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor possible. We were on the 31st... AMAZING VIEW OF EIFFEL TOWER!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Having seen most tourist sights before, the purpose of the trip was to enjoy food served in local restaurants. In that respect the location of the hotel was good with several small and high-rated restaurants within ten minutes walk. The hotel has about 30 floors and very good lift capacity. We got a smallish room, but with a great view of the Seine. The mattress was excellent; couldn't be better; great sleep. The room and en suite bathroom was clean and tidy, but the separate shower walls had a fair amount of little black spots growing due to dampness and lack of air circulation. Breakfast buffet in the restaurant was expensive and could be a lot better. The pain au chocolate, juice and coffee in the bar was a good alternative; as was also breakfast around the corner from the hotel. Five stars to the bar lady who looked after a handbag forgotten at breakfast. The hotel has a swimming pool that many would enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Seine.
1  Thank dinkytoys
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights on a Trafalgar Tour and were quite pleased with the hotel and the staff. I found the staff quite helpful and professional. The location is excellent: views of the Eiffel Tower and the River Seine and close to two metro stops. The rooms are a normal size for a city hotel and quite clean. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The one drawback which can be a bit frustrating is that the décor of the room ( a bit like the cabin of a ship, perhaps?) does not lend itself to efficient storage of luggage or placement of a traveler's belongings, so for those of you who can't live efficiently in a small space, this may be a problem. I liked the area, the shops and restaurants are not just there for tourists. I would definitely return.