13 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$158
Priceline$158
travelup.com$182
5,831 results
All reviews charles michels seine river minute walk javel metro monoprix
Selected filters
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The standard room have everything you need except reasonable internet connection, but nothing more than that.
Stay here if you are looking for a pretty central hotel in Paris. There are other hotels that are closer to subway and busses though.
What I am upset for is that they force you to pay extra for high speed internet connection.
Ok, if high speed would mean 100Mbit/s I might have understood... But high speed is one half Mbit...
Low speed should be 256k(!) Broadband check showed that I actually got 130k. I mean it was hard to send mail with a slide. To open up a newspaper took an eternity.
This is important for me so I have decided to choose other hotels in the future, who lives in 2012 (as of today).
Still, plus for the service and half a plus for location

Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank Carl E
DenisGauthier, General Manager at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to say that I am glad to hear that you were satisfied to hear about the level of service provided during your last stay.

Be assured that we understand your need for wifi in the room and that is why we are working at a solution.

I hope to welcome you back again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 3, 2012

• Trip type: Traveled with family
DenisGauthier, General Manager at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Staying as part of a conference booking of 200+. The hotel lost several people's bags putting them in the wrong rooms. They said they checked all the rooms when they obviously hadn't. Spent 2 days in the same clothes but I was one of the lucky ones as my bag was returned eventually. Staff were rude, unhelpful and took no responsibility. they also put me in a smoking room when I expressly asked for a non smoking room as I am asthmatic!

Room tip: Choose another hotel
1  Thank brooksie22

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered. Please contact the Guest Relations at the address h3546-fo24@accor.com in order to discuss this matter directly with you. Be assured that the problem with you room attribution has been communicated to the Chief of Reception in order to prevent this situation in the future.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again and show you the real level of service we aim to provide.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is my second weekend in Paris so some of my comments are in comparison with Hotel Lutetia where I stayed last time. Novotel is clean, modern, both the common areas as well as the rooms. The staff was very nice. The Internet was a problem, they have computers for guests, however, they were always taken and the wireless only works in a small area of the lobby. In your room in theory you could access from the TV, however, it was very hard to control the mouse and keyboard, so the only spot was in the lobby with your own device.
Second problem to me was the size. This hotel is huge and it was packed. On Sunday, there were so many people checking out that it took us 20 min to simply to go up in the room and pick up an item we have forgotten. Finally, I really didn't like the access to the hotel. When you walk from the Subway station (Charles Michel) you have to go through a construction area (right bellow the hotel) that looks very dodgy.
The room itself was extremely small, so small they they couldn't build a bathroom all together, so to wash your hands after using the toilet, you have to go out of one bathroom and go in the other one (with a sink and tub). My sister also stayed here at the same time as me, her room had Eiffel tour view, however, it was even smaller... My other problem with the room was that you couldn't open the windows but we also couldn't control the temperature of the room and it was just too warm.
Lastly we also didn't like the location. There wasn't much going on around the hotel if you just want to have a drink or dinner and it was a rather long subway ride for the lively neighborhoods of Paris.
When we come back to Paris, I will either stay in Hotel Lutetia again, or try a different hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I have read your comment with the greatest attention and I understand that you’ve kept a mixed feeling of your stay with us.

Thank you for the compliments you made about the cleanliness of the hotel and rooms as well as the friendliness of my staff. It is one of the greatest compliments a guest can give us as it is really important to us for you to feel at home.

I am sorry to hear that some technical aspects disturbed you stay. Nevertheless I would love to welcome you again.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

• Trip type: Traveled on business
DenisGauthier, General Manager at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012