Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
$1,776
$1,271
  • Pool
4,905 results
All reviewscharles michelsbir hakeimseine riverclose to eiffel towerminute walkfamily roomcorner roomconcierge deskbuffet breakfastsuperior roommetro stationbooked this hotelaround the cornernotre damejavelbeaugrenellemonoprix
Reviewed November 15, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for five nights a few weeks ago and although the room was extremely tiny for two people, we did enjoy ourselves. It is very close to the Eiffel Tower and the sites around it. We did not try the restaurant because it was very overpriced no matter what anyone tells you. Sorry, but a breakfast buffet over 25 euros is a bit of a stretch when in 5 minutes you can walk to McDonalds and get something for 3 euros. It is also a bit of a walk to a Metro station, so make sure you bundle up in the winter time!

Room Tip: If there is more than one of you, try to upgrade to a deluxe or suite. Otherwise, the rooms are small.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
DenisGauthier, General Manager at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for choosing the Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel. I am glad to hear that even though you thought the room was little you had a great stay with us. For your information, the buffet breakfast is 19 euros but if you are looking for an alternative, the City Breakfast is served at the bar for 8 euros including juice, croissants and a hot drink. We hope to see you back again for your next stay in Paris!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I had a pleasant stay at the Paris Novotel, Tour Eiffel location. We were most impressed by the reception/check-in staff. I would like to especially commend Ernesto, who was most friendly and helpful, he went out of his way to ensure my wife and I were comfortable when the heat wasn't working well in our room, he ensured an extra blanket and portable heater were brought up to our room. We certainly appreciated his genuine concern for our comfort and that we enjoyed our stay.

We enjoyed the location of this hotel, it is near the river and seemed to be off the tourist path in a busy neighborhood area, but not a far walk along the river from major tourist sites, such as the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, etc...

One could tell that the hotel is older, but definitely has a great staff. Be aware there is currently a lot of construction being done in the area around the hotel, which may make walking around the hotel slightly difficult and present some noise, but all things considered we would stay here again!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron A

Dear Guest,

I would personally like to thank you for your praise. I’m delighted to read what a fantastic stay you had at the Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel.

Be assured that I transmitted your compliments to my staff in order to encourage them to continue providing you a quality service. Your kind words are a great award for their daily efforts.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a very busy tourist hotel that also appears to have alot of airlines also using as their Paris base for flight crews. The lobby always seems to be busy, but generally the staff were friendly and did their job well. Also note that this hotels attracts alot of families and the lobby itself is set up with space and even video games for the kids. So if you have kids this may be attractive to you.

The good: We were upgraded gratis to a top floor with a corner jr. suite and amazing views and the room was not small at all. The lobby wireless internet connection is good and in fact I even got the free wireless from my room on the 30th floor (albeit sometimes going in/out). Hotel is very close to a Monoprix, boulangeries, and brasseries all near the Charles Michel Metro stop which is all only 5 minutes away. Also nearby is a laundromat (fr. laverie).

The average: The elevator sometimes takes a long time due to stopping seemingly at every floor and often mid-floor folks had to wait alot since elevators got full.

The poor: The room, although big and amazing views, was in very poor condition. The carpeting was very soiled/stained and the paint on the walls near the windows was very mildewed and coming off. The tub/shower had this euro half-door which pretty much doesn't stop a ton of water getting all over the floor. All this pretty unacceptable for a large international chain hotel. The fitness room was in an adjoining building and was not part of the hotel but a separate business. The pool is too tiny to do laps and often used by classes. The cardio equipment is minimal and all crammed is a small row next to the pool.

Finally, there is some major construction going on right next to the hotel and so this does make the area less attractive, but it appears what they are building will eventually improve the area with 'green' rooftops of the new buildings. So give it a year and should be much nicer.

Room Tip: definitely get a high floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DenisGauthier, General Manager at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at the Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel. It was a real pleasure to read your compliment about the friendliness and professionnalism of the staff. I am delighted as well that you enjoyed your upgrade in a Junior Suite. Be assured that I have taken note of your constructive comments, they will be used to improve even more our services.

I hope to see you again next year !

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our company puts us up in this Paris hotel. Simply put, come here if you cannot find other accommodations. The staff is friendly and helpful but this Novotel provides just the basic things that you need, no extras.
First off, the area immediately around the hotel is under construction. Therefore, you may hear jack-hammers. The construction has been going on for quite a while, (they are putting in a new shopping complex across the street). If you are going to walk to the shops and restaurants behind the hotel, use caution because the construction crews are everywhere, carrying various materials. One of my friends almost got hit by a metal divider that was being moved.
Secondly, the hotel itself is a budget hotel. The rooms are small. You get two flimsy plastic cups in the bathroom and two styrofoam cups for coffee. The refrigerator is actually a, 'cooler', so it does not get very cold. No iron or ironing boards provided. The carpeting in the rooms are dirty. Also, note that the beds have a mechanism that raises the bed, allowing the maids to make the beds without having to bend down, (great idea), but they are very noisy. You can hear the maids using them in other rooms, so don't plan to sleep late. Finally, the windows do not open and the air circulation inside the rooms is poor.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Addicted2MAINE
DenisGauthier, General Manager at Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the compliment concerning the friendliness and the helpfulness of the staff. I am sorry to hear that you find the Novotel too basic, as I conclude most of your feedback is about structural items as for example the bed, the windows and the refrigerator. I hope that either way you had a great stay in Paris.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a super holiday in Paris until the final evening on Friday when we went out to eat and to see a show,but returned to find our son and daughter in-law's room had been entered by keycard and over 1000 euros worth of personal items/presents stolen. The management were less than interested - advising us to report it to the police either then (midnight) or in the morning.

We were made to feel we were the problem and not the hotel's security. There was CCTV but no-one had access and no attempt made to identify the culprit or to retrieve the lost possessions.
No paperwork was completed until we returned from the police station at 3am and there was no apparent policy or procedure, never mind a duty of care.Many of the items were of sentimental value and as such cannot be replaced but no attempt was being made to assist, apart from getting a taxi ordered to take us to the police station when we insisted the theft should be reported immediately

I wonder how much theft does go on, given the response to my son and his wife's loss. The culprit is probably aware of the apathy and could be lining up their next target - I hope it is not you.

The room number was 1120 which is opposite the emergency stair exit which may not be a coincidence, but only the CCTV can confirm that, and nobody can seemingly view it until Monday morning!!!!
We had a flight back to the UK on Saturday afternoon and I doubt we will need to return for a proscecution or to collect the stolen items........very frustrated and disappointed

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family