“Not too bad for a short stay”
Review of Hotel Little

Hotel Little
Ranked #1,495 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my girlfriend, we were only staying for 2 nights. We had got a good deal on Eurostar tickets and this hotel and were not put off with the 2 star rating as only really wanted a place to sleep so this seemed to tick all the boxes.

We found the staff were ok, the manager spent most of his time on his phone which was a bit annoying when we had questions for him but he let us check in a couple of hours early with no problems. The lift is big enough for one adult and a case. The lights around the stairs and in the corridoors work on sensors and were often slow in turning on. A maid had left a hoover on the stairs which I nearly tripped over.

The room was a decent size and the bathroom was bigger than I had expected having read previous reviews. We luckily had no smell of smoke in the room, the bathroom and bedroom were both clean and tidy. The bed was ok but not too comfortable, the pillow resembled a swiss roll it was not ideal. The net on the windows fell off everytime the windows were open or closed. The shower is not a power shower so seemed to take ages having a wash in the morning. There were two power sockets available but nothing in the bathroom making shaving hard.

The worst part about the hotel was when we came to check out. Check out is 12PM but our train back to London was not until 6PM, we asked to store the suitcases and were told we could leave them in reception but it is literally left in reception right where other guests walk past. We didnt feel they were particularly safe and came back 30 mins later to get the suitcases and leave with them.

The hotel is a 2 star hotel, It is basic. It is clean, it is somewhere safe to sleep. I would have liked a safe, air conditioning, a power shower, more channels on the TV, a bar to have a drink after a long day and a balcony to sit on but this was a 2 star hotel and we paid for exactly that.

The hotel has potential, it needs a lick of paint and updating and it could be a decent hotel deserving of a higher star but at the moment it looks run down and out dated.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. The hotel next door was a 3 star hotel and looked much better!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart O
There are newer reviews for Hotel Little

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This room was terrible. The management dont care about anything. We hade had to ask the manager is the chamber could please come and make the bed renew both towels and the loo rolls.The toilet was an absolute joke myn wif who is small and thin could barely fit in the shower is was so claustrophobic it was ridiculous. Decor was in need of repainting. Every light in the public loo and all the corridors were on a very short sensor timer. The lift takes 1 person and 1 suitcase at a time. The worst ever continental breakfast I have had croissant /french stick, wee pot of jam and wee portion of butter. I appreciate it was listed as a 2 star hotel that was ridiculously generous. Keep away from this hotel

Room Tip: There is nothing I can say about choosing a good room, because there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill R
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed in this Hotel for our honeymoon with Paris Travel Service in July 1972! This time we booked through "Hotels4U" at a price that compared very favourably with UK Budget hotels like PremierInn or Travelodge.

We have returned to it for our Ruby Anniversary and had a wonderful time! ( It has been refurbished in the meantime.) There is now a well appointed breakfast room in the cellar which leaves the vestibule free for a lounge area with a TV. We are not really up to the night life now or able to walk for miles, so we found this small, economical place to sleep in the centre of Paris and near the Gare du Nord, the Summer Rock Music festival, and Clubs in the area. It was a great base from which to visit The Seine, Montmatre and Parc de Villette which were the disparate destinations in our short three night stay.

It is close to the Metro at Jaques Bonseargent, Republique and Chateau d'Eau and we used all the various lines to get to what we wanted to do. Combined with the Batobus our walking was reduced considerably.

Little by name and in fact: getting two corpulent sextogenarians and our case inteh two person lift was fun; squeezing into the shower cubicle in the en suite was tight; there is no room to swing a cat in the bedroom but who wants to on a honeymoon! The bed was big enough for us. Telvision was there in the room but unnecessary.

The staff were friendly and the breakfast adequate to fuel our holiday. It was backed up with bread and cheese at lunchtime (bought from local shops) and a dinner in one of the many local Bistros in the evening we were well fed!

We could not have expected more from a "Little" hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard rather than on the street side
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The room stunk of cigarettes. Worse still, the TOWELS smelt enough to make you gag trying to dry your face with it.

The breakfast, which we paid for with our booking, was appalling. It was most definitely not the "continental" breakfast advertised. One croissant and half a baguette. Not particularly fresh or tasty. Hot water to make one packet hot chocolate/coffee. Good luck if you're gluten intolerant!

The night we arrived we were told the hot water system was out, and we would have to go to another hotel around the corner. Not something a hotel can control, so that (while inconvenient) isn't something to complain about. However we were pointed in the direction of the other hotel, with no offer of assistance. And when we were able to return a couple of days later there was no offer of compensation for our inconvenience or otherwise to express appreciation of our understanding. At least they could've got fresh bread in.

We stayed in budget hotels all across Europe, and this was the most expensive. We weren't fussy, happy just to have somewhere clean to sleep regardless of size etc. ...but I really wouldn't stay here again. We were able to walk every where though (close to transport but we liked the walk), so I didn't mind the location. The service was a bit begrudging but vaguely helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Wrappedeel
Reviewed April 7, 2012

After reading the dire reviews of this hotel, we went with some trepidation. We needn't have worried! This is a more than adequate 2star Parisian hotel. Two stars means small rooms, and the Little meets this criterion. But there is a small but adequate bathroom, hard but comfortable beds, a flat screen television and a lift. ok, the lift is miniscule, but it's amazing that they managed to fit one in at all, given that it's squeezed in the middle of a (newly painted and carpeted) curving staircase.

The location is excellent for sightseeing: 50 metres from Jacques Bonsergent metro station which is 2 stops on a direct line to Gare du Nord, and only a short walk from the 'hub' of Republique, if you don't enjoy the route marches of Metro interchanges. Pierre Chausson is a narrow street, yes, but it is also a quiet street, and the rear rooms look out on to an even quieter typical Parisian courtyard.

The bedrooms are adequate, the beds comfortable, if hard, and we quite enjoyed the retro experience of the bolsters - though no doubt the owners would have provided pillows, had we asked, as we found the proprietors helpful, and thankfully, not over-effiusive.

The breakfasts are typical french - croissants, bread, butter and jam, even orange juice! ok the coffee is Nescafe, but for 5 euros a throw, what can you expect?

All in all we enjoyed the retro experience, and would return. If you want a sterile, modern, out-of-centre hotel, I believe the F1 chain would suit you, but if you want a cheap, traditional, well-located place, then you could do a lot worse than the Little.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank thirdlistener
Reviewed February 26, 2012

So like everyone else I read the reviews on this hotel and thought ok mm yea well. but then I got there. This hotel is in the middle of no where in a alley way. The guys at the desk which is a a fathter and son team actually own the joint and don't speak much english and are suprise when I told them that I speak little french and was not taught it at school. Very small lift and I mean SMALL! They were redecoration which made the place smell even worse, there where loose wires, they were lights hanging out of the roof, the lights didn't come on till you were actually underneath them. You have a key to get get in to your room and you have to shove the door to actually get in.

the room is ok, not much room after the bed at cubard and desk, I swear that desk was just 2 pieces of wood together. The bathroom is large but the shower was useless as it was way to hard to use. The bed was nice but could have been better along with the pillow.

You can hear everything through the super thing walls and I mean everything! Heating does not work. There is also 1 power plug in the whole room

This is the bad part, 1 day whilst I was sleeping, I heard the lock to my door turn and then my door opened, some random lady came in and didn't realsie I was there till I scream to get the heck out.

The break was ok, just a beagal and a crossant and some juice.

When I checked out I told the owner what happened he did not care and said it was the painters checking to see if they were doing the right thing!! I told yea well that shouldn't have happened, why she has a key to the rooms I don't know, I walked out after that.

I would not ever recomonned or stay in the hotel again, you could find a nicer, better hotel, in a better area down the street

Room Tip: Ask 1 with a good shower and for heating!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank milanovictraveller
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I teavelled to Paris with a friend for a 2 day break on January 18th. We were after a reasonably cheap Hotel as we only wanted it for 2 nights. The Hotel Little is in a very good position being in the Republic district and 1 minute away from the Metro. The nearest being Jacques Bonsergent. The Hotel itself is very basic. If you only want a bed to sleep in and a shower it is fine. The breakfast was good but only continental. There are a lot of nice little restaurants and bars around it. As the saying goes " you get what you pay for".

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends