4 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.com$181
Priceline$159
Lol.travel$191
1,165 results
All reviews eiffel tower ecole militaire rue cler loved our stay bottle of champagne the hotel staff metro station executive room excellent hotel location is great visiting paris an upgrade heart of paris boutique hotel around the corner xavier cafes
Selected filters
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

Breakfast was wonderful, the location perfect! Just a very short walk to Rue Cler and about 10 minute walk to Eiffel Tower. Hotel was nice and quiet which is hard to find! Paid parking lot is just 1 minute away if traveling with a vehicle.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jenna K
Jean-Marie T, Directeur général at Hotel La Bourdonnais, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

Dear Jeanna K,

Thank you for sharing your experience at La Bourdonnais with the Trip Advisor community.

We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant French Stay.

Being close to the Eiffel tower is a real added value to the guest experience, thank you for noticing it.

We will be really happy to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for first time .
Wonderful hotel and wonderful attentive staff. They made our two night stay very special . And just 5 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower . 2 mins to metro , quiet road . Just everything was spot on . Lovely bistros around us . And two metros to Roland Garros .
Guys thank you very much .

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank sprayfoam69
Jean-Marie T, Directeur général at Hotel La Bourdonnais, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Dear sprayfoam69,

Thank you ever so much for choosing La Bourdonnais for your stay in the city of Lights.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us especially out attentive and professional staff as well as our ideal location right next to the Eiffel Tower, and also not far from Roland Garros indeed.

All the team hopes to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in a not-too-distant future at La Bourdonnais.

Warmest regards from Paris,

Jean-Marie TALABARDON
Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

Great hotel, in an Awsome location. Loved our stay, could see a wonderful view of the Eiffel Tower from our balcony. The food prepared for the breakfast was fresh and delicious. I will be staying at this hotel every time we go to Paris from now on.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julian_waller
Jean-Marie T, Directeur général at Hotel La Bourdonnais, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2019

Dear Julian_Waller,

We would like to thank you for your stay at the Hotel La Bourdonnais and for your precious feedback.

It is a pleasure to read our service met your expectations.

We will be delighted to share your kind comments with the whole team, who passionately care for our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in a near future, and having the pleasure of serving you again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

Very good location, nice staff, very good breakfast, clean room. Overall a good ratio quality/ price.
I would recommend this hotel for tourism and for business. I will return next time I fly to Paris, assuming there are no strike in France, which is a very big assumption.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank OlivierS1602
Jean-Marie T, Directeur général at Hotel La Bourdonnais, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Dear Olivier,

We would like to thank you for your positive comment.

All La Bourdonnais team is delighted to see that everything went well during your stay and would be honored to welcome you back to your new Parisian home.

We won't miss to share your comment with our team because your satisfaction is our best reward and motivation.

We wish you a wonderful day.

Reviewed May 16, 2019

I have never met a bunch of unhelpful staffs in the world.
- First off, at the reception, they tell us how they are more than happy to help with locations on 'where to go, what to do, etc' but that was completely untrue.
- I was craving Thai food so we went to the reception to ask for any good Thai place around. After what felt like the staff waffling for a few minutes, he chooses a place and when we asked if it was a nice place, the staff just says rudely "everywhere around here is nice', then walks away. We were shocked!
- We decide to get food delivered to us because the hotel bar was closed, so we called the reception and asked for cutleries. Can you believe they asked us to come downstairs and get it ourselves! Bear in mind, we are paying close to EUR 300 ($336) per night!
- There was another day, we were still in the room and the laundry woman comes in, sees we are in the room but instead of excusing herself like a normal human being, she stands there and goes on a rant for about 2 mins in French before leaving. sigh
- The cherry on the cake, we were overcharged by EUR 300 and we are still yet to receive the refund.
- If you order a cab to the hotel, you get charged more - this would have been information, they should have provided.

I have rated this place one star only because of the location and the rooms look similar to what's in the picture, asides from that, this hotel is ridiculous.

Room tip: Quiet location, street view rooms are better
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank wurakayode
Jean-Marie T, Directeur général at Hotel La Bourdonnais, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2019

Dear wurakayode,

I am the Hotel Manager from the Hotel la Bourdonnais in Paris and I take the time to reply to you following your Trip Advisor review as the satisfaction of our guests is our number 1 priority.

First of all, thank you for choosing our hotel for your parisian stay. It is nice to read that you enjoyed our ideal location and that you felt that the rooms

I have investigated the several points you underlined in your feedback.

Regarding the advises given for restaurants, what was meant to be said was only that the reviews of this Thai restaurant were very much positive that's why we were able to recommend it to you. In the meantime, the front-desk told you that there were also plenty of nice restaurants nearby the hotel (mostly french food). I am sorry if this was not done in the right manner.

I am very suprised for the cutlery issue. Even though we are a small boutique hotel of 53 rooms hence small teams and occasionnally only one person at the front-desk, we make sure to give the best service to our clientele including coming up in the rooms when needs be. Maybe this occured at a moment of a hurry/several check-ins in the same time and because you could not wait for a few minutes, the receptionist suggested you to come down ? Bear assured that this is exceptionnal and can only happen should the person is alone and very busy (and the guest in a hurry).

Please note that our housekeeping team does not enter the rooms if there is a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. As far as I know, the sign was not on the door that's why the laundry woman came in the room. I don't know for sure who she was but it is true to say that most of them unfortunately do not speak english very well. I believe she just wanted to apologise to you and maybe advise you to put the DND sign on the door should you wished not to be disturbed again. On the behalf of all the team, I also apologised for the inconvenience.

You were note overcharged, we only took a pre-authorisation of 270€ at the time of the reservation on May the 2nd, that is the amount of the 1st night. This pre-authorisation file was then closed in front of you at the check-in. This is a normal procedure (at least in Paris) to guarantee the rooms and you may want to ask your bank if the money is still not on your account.

The price of the taxis really varies and depends on the traffic. We have an agreement with a company which gives us a fixed price. This price can be slightly higher than a taxi with a counter in case of very fluid traffic but it is rare and most of the time, the flow is complicated and it is cheaper otherwise we would not work with them and offer this service to our guests.

I would like to add that, because you were not satisfied with the first room which was allocated to you (507), we have given you the room 501, one of the best of the entire hotel with a great Eiffel Tower view. I hope you also enjoyed that.

Even tough I can understand some negative points you have mentionned and I again apologised on the behalf of all the team for not meeting your expectations, I found some parts of your review pretty harsh. All the staff really tries hard every day to give its best and deliver the best service they can even if sometimes it can happen that it is not as good as we would like it to be. My role is to hire and train them according to our quality standards in place and rectify when needs be with the different department managers. For information, we are ranked in top 200 hotels in Paris out of almost 2000 which is I believe pretty good.

I hope you will give us another chance to show you that we can do so much better and welcome you again during your next trip in Paris.

I hope you find this answer professionnal and helpful.

I remain at your entire disposal for any further information.

Very best regards from Paris,