“Just 200 rupees worth hotel in Mubai city. so you can imagine”
Review of Apollo Opera Paris

Apollo Opera Paris
Ranked #1,669 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Dear friends
I stayed this hotel for two horrible nights. It is not a hotel, just an inn. Very old , smelly, conjusted, lift for one person. /this hotel is the middle of redstreet of Paris. Dont go to this hell.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank sangitgoa
There are newer reviews for Apollo Opera Paris

Reviewed February 13, 2010

If you appreciate that you are paying a reasonable rate for Paris then you should also appreciate that this is not 4 star or even 3 star English standard, but if you are looking for a warm, clean hotel with a good breakfast and friendly staff within easy walking distance of the Moulin Rouge or Blanche Metro station, then this is ideal. The rooms are small and functional - no tea making facilities or bath, but it was warm and we slept surprisingly well as it was quiet ( we were on the 4th floor). Breakfast consisted of ham, cheese, a basket of pain au chocolat, croissant and bread, a choice of coffee from a machine ( great tasting coffee) yoghurt, cereal, and there is a microwave to either warm your basket of breads/ croissant or, as a saw a number of guests do, to make a cheese and ham melt/ toastie. There is an excellent Pizza Mama around the corner where we watched them make us a fresh pizza on an exhausted evening...it was the best that I have ever had..Highly reccommended!.
If you want to save money on expensive accomodation to enable more sped on things like the Moulin Rouge, as we did, then this is a perfectly good and safe hotel for this purpose. Plenty of hot water, towels changed daily and warm air conditioning. Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Bajandreaming
Reviewed September 15, 2009

This is a really bad place. The hotel is just cancerous growth located in the anus of Paris with the red light discrict just around the corner. For the same money, you can get something much better.

I stayed there during July - it was hot and horrible. Air conditioning did not work. The hotel is dim and grim. The furniture is from Toulous Lautrec era with the same colours. At night, it was noisy with teenagers surfing the net in the lobby to the point you cannot sleep. I was also awoken a few times during the night by some morons discussing something at the lobby.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Andrew015
Reviewed June 27, 2009

This dreadful hotel totally coloured our Paris experience. It was booked for us through a travel agent who really should have researched a lot better that she did. The room was minute and the cieling looked as though it had leaked at some stage and would do so again if it rained. The room was not serviced, we made our own bed. The couple we were travelling with slept on towells due to a large stain on the matress. Do not consider staying here.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank fairskye
Reviewed March 28, 2009

Hi!
I read so many negative about Apollo Opera, so i felt a litle fear before our visit in Paris. But there was nothing could be harm to enjoy this magnificient city. Friendly staff, large room N 11. WE ARE VERY GLAD!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank meridiantec
Reviewed January 2, 2009

I read a few reviews before we stayed at the Apllo Opera and have to admit, I was a little nervous about it. However we didn't have a problem at all.
Yes the rooms were small and purely functional, but they were clean and for the price we paid we weren't expecting much anyway. The bathroom was clean and modern (admittedly more modern than the room) and the staff helpful and polite. Breakfast was good and I never felt unsafe when strolling through the area in the evenings. The location was great, with a Metro stop just two minutes walk away.
Our attitude was that we were never going to spend too much time in the room anyway - after all, who goes to Paris and then sits in the hotel? .
To the people who moaned; I suggest spending a little more next time.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Almeida1982
Reviewed November 15, 2007

This hotel is not as scary as some of the reviews would suggest. I was in a double room (two beds) which wasn't huge but also didn't make me claustrophobic or want to cry as some reviewers suggested. The bathroom was updated and clean. If you want your room cleaned YOU SIMPLY MUST LEAVE THE KEY AT THE DESK when you leave the hotel in the morning. No one told us to do that our first night there so our room wasn't cleaned but when we asked about it the next day that's what we were told to do and it was fine from then on. I found the people at the desk helpful and nice. I couldn't speak on the food in the hotel because I was in Paris and preferred to eat at one of the millions of delicious nearby cafes. My only problem was with the elevator which was super small (could only fit me and my luggage so required multiple trips for my friend and I to get down) and very, very slow so we used the stairs except when coming and going with luggage, which admittedly wasn't fun. Still, besides that, it's not scary and it's very conveniently located. Enjoy Paris!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends