“Great location, friendly staff, clean & modern”

Atelier Montparnasse
Ranked #426 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Great location, friendly staff, clean & modern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed in the Romantic Suite which was lovely. Clean, spacious and modern. The bedroom and bathroom are open plan, and the toilet is in a small cupboard, hidden away. Bed comfortable and large. Tea, Coffee & espresso facilities in the bedroom. Some reviews mention noise for rooms that face the road, I did not find this a problem and I am a light sleeper - I heard more noise from people walking up and down the corridor. I wouldn't bother with the breakfast, considering what you can have for 12 euros per head, it isn't really worth it when there are 2 bakeries opposite the hotel. Location excellent, Metro stop Pernety is just 250 yards up the road.Staff are friendly and speak good English. Great little hotel, would recommend to friends & family! I would also recommend having a look at Bistrotters Restaurant which is just around the corner - FANTASTIC food. Have to book though!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JadeyNunn
Ivan J, Directeur général at Atelier Montparnasse, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you for your taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay at Atelier Montparnasse Hotel.

We are delighted you had such a good time with us and that our service and efficiency met your expectations. I do totally agree with you : The Raymond Losserand street, where we are located, is famous thanks to its little shops, restaurants, bars and bakeries and is actually much appreciated by travelers who did not know this neighborhood before. It is although named “Village Losserand” because of the atmosphere that prevails here.
The "Bistrotters" restaurant is indeed one of our favourites as well, it really worths the try.

Regarding your comment about the breakfast, I would suggest, if we have the pleasure to welcome you again, to book on our official website, where we offer a rate including breakfast or through TripAdvisor’s special offer clicking on the dedicated link. This way, we can beat the price of the croissant nextdoor : it is simply free!
Many thanks for your loyalty and see you again soon at Atelier Montparnasse in the near future.

Warm regards,

Ivan Janes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Uppsala, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

A very nice and friendly hotel.
The staff is very service oriented and responsive.
The hotel is located in a “small street” – not one of the bigger roads – so the whole area gives you a feeling of being in a small town – located in the big City.

If I should say anything negative - maybe I would have preferred the room to be one or two m2 extra…
But, in the end – this is a very good hotel and gives you value for the money.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with the TripAdvisor community.

The hotel’s location, as you personally emphasized, is one of its power points, along with the staff efficiency and services we continuously try to improve.
I would suggest, if we have the opportunity to welcome you again, to book a junior suite, more spacious with an open-plan bathroom. You can find great deals even for this room on our official website.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I had stayed here for two nights after return from my French course in Bordeaux. Frankly, I was little worried about the location when I booked this hotel. However, it surprised me that the location is quite convenient. There are metro just few minutes away and gare de montparnasse about 15 mins walking from hotel. Also, I can easily walking to my favourite department store le Bon marche along la rue Rennes. Plus, there are lot of restaurants and local shops around. Hotel staffs are friendly. They had gave me good recommendation of restaurant and direction to the place that I asked.
My room is single room faced to the street. But it wasn't noisy during my stays (I read that there were some people complain about the noise from street). Room size is reasonable in paris standard. I had stayed in some other hotels in paris which was smaller and more expensive but in popular tourist area. Simple & modern decoration. Most important to me is the room is clean and comfortable. I enjoy my staying in this hotel. I would recommend to the people who like to stay in convenient location and explore French local neighbor.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank k c
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post this warm review.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed so much your stay. Indeed, the staff, the rooms and the neighbourhood are very much appreciated by our guests.
Our location allows to discover this beautiful city in the best way. You are right, outside the door is the genuine Paris : shops, cafés and restaurants. Our district is part of this city’s life.

Looking forward to welcome you very soon.

Kind regards,

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Loved this hotel! Room was small but quiet and clean with great bathroom. Location is convenient, close to subway station and to an important restaurants area. I really enjoyed my stay here and definetly recommend this place. Would come back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Memilandia
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review about your recent stay at Atelier Montparnasse.
We are more than glad that we succeeded in making your stay here as good as it could have been, that's our main purpose. We hope to welcome you soon.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Nothing bad to say about it.
Location is good, next to the subway
bed is very confy, bathroom is really big and good.
stuff was helpful.
and the hotel in general is very nice
a few blocks away you can find many places to eat.
tip: in the hotel website you can find better prices!

Room Tip: tip: in the hotel website you can find better prices!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ngoldstein
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feeling with the other Tripadvisor users.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Atelier Montparnasse Hotel. Indeed, you took advantage of a special deal on our official website.

Looking forward to welcome you again,

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights during a weekend in the middle of March. We chose a double room, and requested a view of the courtyard (based on TripAdvisor tip that rooms facing the street were subject to a lot of noise). The staff were friendly, attentive, and made a great restaurant recommendation (La Cantine du Troquet) that was so good that we ate there twice!

The double room was small, but nice. The bathroom was great- big walk-in shower with two different options for shower heads (rain feature or regular). We skipped out on the €12 breakfast, as there were great bakeries on the same street. All in all, we loved our stay and our high expectations from reading reviews on TA were met. We would stay there again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CrankySCTraveler
Ivan J, Directeur général at Atelier Montparnasse, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear guests,

We are thrilled you liked Atelier Montparnasse Hotel so much ! Thank you for having shared your positive experience with the other Tripadvisor users, to whom we would like to remind they have a special discount - Free breakfast when booking with the special offer link – and special rates on our official website.

La Cantine du Troquet is indeed one of the best restaurants in Paris, and just around the corner. It is absolutely worth trying, to have a taste of southwest French food. I would suggest for your next stay the restaurant Bistrotters, a few steps away from the hotel, and offering a wonderful dining experience as well.

Thank you for your kind compliments about our staff, I will definitely share with them. We have been continuously trying to improve our services, and reviews like yours prove we are on the good path.

Looking forward to welcome you again,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Me and my bird went there for valentines. We had a beautiful room with a lovely bathroom. Definitely get room 310 or the one above beautiful!! Lovely people around the reception area. Also train station is literally 30 seconds away which is handy when you been on the cocktails all night x

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank GeorgeGoodson123
Ivan J, Directeur général at Atelier Montparnasse, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you for this feedback and the kind comments about your recent stay over Valentine’s day at Atelier Montparnasse Hotel. I am glad you chose our hotel for this very special occasion and that we replied that well to your expectations.
A positive feedback about our rooms, services and staff is always more than welcomed and proofs that our daily efforts are noticed and much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you on your return trip to Paris.