La Maison Favart
$311
$252
$236
  • Restaurant
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
$322
$295
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
$205
Agoda.com
1,568 results
All reviewsopera comiqueboutique hotelpool and saunamassage bedhonesty barspa areahonor barbeautiful hotelquiet streetnespresso machineopera housedeluxe roomlovely boutiquewonderful stayfavorite hotelour honeymoonminute walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I spent a perfect weekend at La Maison Favart. The room was beautiful and romantic. The location was very central and the staff was cooperative and helpful. The lobby/reception is inviting and charming and the breakfast adequate if not a bit overpriced. There are, however, plenty of typical French places nearby as alternatives. Overall, a top experience that I would love to repeat on my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KermB314
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently stayed at La Maison Favart in the Opera District of Paris. I had seen some very positive reviews, but the hotel didn’t live up to its reputation. In general, it is a cosy boutique hotel. It is on a quiet side street near the Opera Square. The rooms are clean and modern, and the lobby and restaurant area are quite stylish. A nice hotel, but not worth the price that I paid. I’ve been in far nicer Parisian hotels and received considerably better value.

I booked a deluxe double room and was put in the smallest room in the hotel. There was just enough room to walk around the bed and no more. All but one bag had to be stored in the closet at all times since there was only enough room for a single bag to be accessed at one time. Fortunately, I only had carry-on and I’m not sure what someone would do if they were staying with larger bags. When I was checking out, they confirmed that I was in the smallest room in the hotel and promised to upgrade me when I come back to Paris. I would have preferred to receive a reduction on my €400 per night.

I was also disappointed with the location of the hotel. There really wasn’t much to see within walking distance of the hotel. The major tourist spots were all a cab ride or a Metro trip away. The hotel is close to a Metro stop, but it is a 5 minute walk to the nearest taxi stand. I don’t mind a short walk, but when you are going to a meeting or to dinner in the rain it would be more convenient to have a taxi outside the hotel.

Overall, I wouldn’t recommend this hotel. It is too expensive and there are many hotels in Paris that would deliver better value.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
12  Thank Wimsey
maisonfavart, Directeur général at La Maison Favart, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Sir,
Thank you for having taken the time to share with us your experience at La Maison Favart..
I understand your remarks, towards the size of the rooms, even if I regret the consequently harsh judgement in your rating of the hotel. We do however mention the exact size of our rooms on all web sites and commercial descriptions.
I reiterate my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and hope that you will nevertheless reconsider visiting us once again,
Yours sincerely
Stéphanie Richez
Manager

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I visited Paris earlier this week and had the great misfortune to fall within an hour of arrival, breaking my ankle. This was unexpected. Equally unexpected was the attitude, care and concern of the truly marvellous staff at La Maison Favart where my daughter and I were staying. This beautiful, bijou little hotel was extremely luxurious, beautifully decorated and comfortable, and had the advantage of being close both to the Gare du Nord and lots of the main attractions - but these things paled into insignificance at the kindness, help and genuine solicitude of it's main asset - it's staff, all of whom went out of their way to be kind, helpful, and most of all, useful to us - ordering taxis, printing maps, phoning hospitals, bringing meals, and genuinely going the additional mile to make my stay as comfortable as possible in the circumstances. Grateful thanks particularly to Annabelle, Gilles and Hakim who were so kind.

The hotel itself is fabulously equipped and decorated, the room service excellent and sparklingly clean. This is definitely going to be my hotel of choice whenever I am in Paris!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Blitzmiz
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at La Maison Favart in October 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and the rooms were just lovely. Very chic and cosy. I loved the relaxation room - very cool! Superbly located near the Opera and good transport links. Our only one criticism was that we had to wait a while to check into our suite.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KellyGriffiths
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had the most lovely stay at La Maison Favart for our Honeymoon! The staff, accommodations, and location could not be beat. The concierge helped us find perfect restaurants and the location was very close to three metro lines.

We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple