“Boutique Unique”
Review of La Maison Favart

La Maison Favart
Ranked #25 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from the three night stay in Maison Favart. We chose the hotel as we wanted a special hotel to celebrate a birthday and we were not disappointed. From the moment we entered the hotel we felt we entered a comfortable oasis from the bustle of the city. Staff members all went out of their way to assure us their best attention and nothing was too much trouble ( Gilles must be singled out for his friendly and helpful manner). As befits the boutique status of the hotel there were special touches which added a touch of magic to our stay. Rooms are very well appointed with a great coffee machine. Breakfast was much more than the coffee and croissants we have experienced in other French hotels and even extends to fluffy scrambled eggs, sausages and bacon.
A dip in the plunge pool is very welcome after a day pounding the streets!
The hotel is well located around the corner from two Metro stations and a five minute walk from Boulevard Haussmann and the big department stores.
This is the hotel for that special trip to Paris. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it - go see for yourself!

4  Thank lgrahambrown20
There are newer reviews for La Maison Favart

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was staying in this hotel on early September. It was a great experience for me, the room is very quiet and cozy. Also the location is so good. I will definitely recommend someone to stay here. Will I come back to stay again? The answer is absolutely YES!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Christine C
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The location of the hotel is very convenient with a subway station less than a minute away and lots of restaurants around the hotel. The rooms are very clean and overall the hotel is very well maintained. However what really sets this hotel apart from other is the service. I have to say that the staff is excellent, everyone is always friendly and accommodating (special thanks to Hakim and Boris).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotel was very good, but by my standards, expensive. I knew that Paris was expensive, so I wasn't surprised, but did find the room small (for the money, and by Washington, DC area standards, perhaps not by Paris norms). Also, while the place was lovely, and the facilities were clean and modern, a small gripe was the shower. It had two means of water delivery, a European, hand-held shower nozzle and an overhead, large American style nozzle. Both worked well, but the shower stall door did not completely close, so that when using the overhead shower head delivery system, the bathroom floor got quite wet requiring use of a bath towel to mop up. We used the handheld to avoid this problem, but for this money would have expected the shower door to close. With a cafe and/or restaurant at virtually every street corner, this couple of comfort seeking Americans, did not find it necessary to be captive at the hotel for breakfast nor for other meals. On arrival, we were tired and ready for dinner--we made the mistake of taking the suggestion of the bellman about a nearby restaurant, and we should have known better. The restaurant, I believe the name of it was something on the order of Petite Riche , or something like that, was "substantially average", perhaps even mediocre--it was pricey, and that was expected, but not really very good--we had a good time, and in spite of rather ordinary offerings and the kind of sloppy service (not the waiter, but the kitchen--food obviously sat under a heater or was heated in the oven to keep it hot, too long, and the signs of overheating were not only visible, but palatable--sloppiness and inattention to timing of the food prep and delivery; not what I would hope for in a really good place). Dessert was excellent, and the wine we ordered at the waiter's suggestion, was good, and a good paring with our food. Paris was great, the hotel was very good, and very near a metro station (Richelieu-Dorot), not too far from the Paris Opera.

Room Tip: This was comparable to a very good American hotel room, but it was small. In room coffee machine of...
3  Thank George R
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed in this charming hotel for one night, before moving to an apartment in Paris. We didn't want to leave! The hotel was so comfortable with a cosy library and stylish breakfast room downstairs. Our room was lovely - overlooking a small square - with a very comfortable bed and excellent bathroom (great shower!). The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast (included in the price) was delicious. We would definitely stay here again and will be recommending it to anyone looking for a hotel in Paris.

1  Thank 556HandMe
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was here a few weeks ago for three nights and two days. I thought the hotel was gorgeous, comfortable, and in a great location. The amenities were excellent. The staff could not have been more welcoming or helpful! Hakim and Gilles really made me feel at home. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Paris and plan to stay here the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TXGirlinDMV
Reviewed September 20, 2012

For our 40th wedding anniversary, my husband and I took our 3 daughters to Europe. Our first stop was Paris where we had two rooms for 5 nights at La Maison Favart. It was perfect. I chose it because of the Parisian ambiance, and we were not disappointed. It is on a quiet street, yet very convenient. The staff was always knowledgeable and congenital with a good sense of wit! We were happy with all of their recommendations. After hours of sight seeing and dinner, we relaxed in the amazing pool of colorful and changing lights prior to retiring to our beautifully decorated rooms. We chose the petit fare breakfast of fruits and fresh pastries that was more than adequate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family