“Great hotel, better staff.”

Hotel Cervantes by HappyCulture
Ranked #478 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Coventry, Connecticut
“Great hotel, better staff.”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Small but clean room, good internet, good shower. Very good location in a quite neighborhood although very close to Rome metro station and a short walk to several restaurants and shops. The staff was very accommodating and pleasant. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor with a view of a train station. (Not desirable) Although with so much to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jason N
MANUELLA C, Directeur général at Hotel Cervantes by HappyCulture, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your so kind comment about Hotel Cervantes! We are really glad that you spent a nice stay with us. As you wrote, everything is walking distance: métro stations, shops, bars, restaurants, Montmartre area, Opera..

We are looking forwards to welcome you agin,

Manuella Cabaret / Hotel manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. It took us a while to decide which hotel to stay since price of Paris hotel is generally high and small. We decided to book this hotel based on the distance to Metro stations, 2 stations nearby within 3-5 minutes walking distance, as well as $200 USD per night price for beginning of October.

The night we checked in there was an incidence at the hotel. The power for upper levels were all off except lobby floor. It was frustrating as we were very tired and needed some rest. Waited for 5 mintues in the lobby we decided to move luggages to the room we stayed on 5th floor. The elevator was still working. After a few minutes we moved in the room the power came back on. We were happy from then. The room was spacious for that price. It has a queen size bed which is rare in Paris. There is a lot of space on the side to put 2 large + 2 small luggaes. The restroom is also huge for Paris standard. It is nice and clean. Really nothing to complain about except when we checked in the staff told us breakfast was free so we went to counter to get our breakfast tickets each morning. Till the day we checked out, we were asked to pay for 50 euro. I guess it was because we booked the room through Expedia so we did not have the free breakfast. Other than that we were very happy with the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hung-Jen H
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We hope you had a nice trip back and really thank you for your nice comment about the staff and the Hotel Cervantes.
It is a great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay in Paris with us. We sincerely want to apologize about the electric trouble we had one evening, which last 3 hours.You had a premium room and could appreciate its space and its views on the very quiete street, nearby everything.

We are looking forwards to welcoming you again,

Cheshire uk
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I booked a trip to Paris for my parents for my mums birthday. I had booked the hotel through a comparison website only to find out the day before my parents were due to travel that the booking company had gone into liquidation. The room I booked had not been paid for even though the money had been taken from my account.

I contacted the hotel directly to see if they had availability for the next day and spoke to a lady called Juliette. I was so distressed about the situation and Juliette was extremely helpful, she booked me a room straight away which was only £10 dearer than what I'd paid two months ago and instructed me how to pay the hotel directly so that my parents wouldn't have to worry about paying the bill.

My parents commented how helpful and pleasant hotel staff were and as it was a special treat for my mums birthday they even sent up a bottle of complimentary champagne to the room.

I'm very keen to visit Paris and will definitely book to stay in this hotel.

Thank you for making my parents visit so special.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amy2683
MANUELLA C, Directeur général at Hotel Cervantes by HappyCulture, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Madam,

All the team and I thank you very sincerely for your kind message.
It was a pleasure to welcome your parents and they were also extremely charming and nice. We are very glad to be sure they had a nice stay with us at Hotel Cervantes. Half bottle of champagne is a minimum to celebrate your mother's birthday, we feel very proud that you had chosen our hotel for this great event.

We are looking forwards to welcoming you!

California, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We loved staying at Hotel Cervantes. It was located on a wonderful street in the 8th arrondissement, close to Rome Metro stop, and a wide variety of shopping restaurants, cafes, and bakeries were all easily within walking distance. The Moulin Rouge was a short walk away. The hotel had a nice breakfast every morning and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel, it was delightful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rebecca M
MANUELLA C, Directeur général at Hotel Cervantes by HappyCulture, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your so nice comment!
I hope you had a nice way back to california. We are really glad to learn that you spent a nice stay with us at hotel Cervantes. You could enjoy the great location of the hotel, our warm and attentive staff.
We would be very pleased to welcome you again!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I didn't stay here, but had my bag stolen whilst on a recent trip to Paris. A guest at this hotel found my discarded purse on the street and handed it into staff - still with all contents in except the euros. The hotel management then took it upon themselves to return my purse to me, not only at a financial cost to them but someone took the time to consider this and then go to a post office and return. My faith was a little restored in good people - and I now have my purse back! I will return to Paris, and this hotel will be the first I search for for booking availability.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank GrandmaSims
MANUELLA C, Directeur général at Hotel Cervantes by HappyCulture, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Madam,

We thank you for your nice comment about our hotel Cervantes. We are so glad to know that you finally have a good feeling of Paris anyway. All the staff and myself do our best everyday to satisfy anyone, in any case.

We are looking forwards to welcoming you during your next stay in our so nice city!

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for five nights in August. We arrived early before the check in time of 3pm and they where kind enough to let us leave our luggage their until then so we could explore without lugging suitcases around. The hotel room, yes it's quite small but was perfect for us. It had a small fridge so we could make our lunches and keep butter and things in there. The reception was very helpful. The metro was so close to the hotel that it was perfect for us and on one of the main lines. It's down a lovely quiet street away from the noise. We weren't given much of a view from our room but that wasn't a major issue for us. The only let down of the trip was on our last night they moved in a group of new people on our floor who had probably 3 or 4 rooms. They had been running around and screaming and shouting all night till the early hours of 3pm. The only disappointing thing was that the hotel didn't do anything even though its a 24 hour reception. They could have easily been heard. Also beware you have to pay a tourist tax per person per day. No one notified of this upon our arrival or warned us about this. So have cash on you when you check out! I didn't question it as they kindly let us leave our luggage in the store room until we left which was late in the evening so we could still do things in the day.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank SurreyGirl26
MANUELLA C, Directeur général at Hotel Cervantes by HappyCulture, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We thank you for your nice comment about Hotel Cervantes. We are glad to lean that you had a nice stay with us. You enjoyed our comfortable rooms with all our modern equipments and the very great situation of the hotel in Paris.
We are very sad to learn that you were disturbed by Noisy neighbours.

We are looking forwards to welcoming you again,

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed in Paris for 3 nights at the Hotel Cervantes. As a lone female traveller, it was important to feel safe and the hotel is in a really lovely residential street and I felt safe walking around during the day and night. It was actually lovely to be able to walk down a quiet street without hundreds of tourists barging past you!

The location is excellent especially if you want to stay somewhere which is away from the tourist madness. It is within walking distance to Sacre Coeur and Arc de Triomphe or a 2 minute walk to Rome metro station. There are decent places to eat nearby but you have to look for them by heading into the side streets. I found some delightful local cafes which did amazing food at a reasonable price. The little cafe across the road also does a fantastic cheese platter and a good Savignon wine.

The room was fine, everything worked and I even had a little balcony to stand on and watch the world go by. Breakfast was basic but good (really nice croissants!). The staff were all pleasant and helpful. Only takes 45 mins from CDG airport and easy to get there (one train and one metro line). I would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Angela M
MANUELLA C, Directeur général at Hotel Cervantes by HappyCulture, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Madam,

All the staff and myself thank you very much for your so nice comment. It is a real pleasure to read that you had a nice stay with us in Hotel Cervantes and in our great city.
You are right, the establishment stands in a quite residential and safe street but nearby 2 metro stations. All the places to be in Paris are around the hotel, just like shops, bars and restaurants.

We would be very glad to welcome you again,

Manuella Cabaret / Manuella Cabaret