“Would stay here again. Fab!”
Review of Hotel Novanox

Hotel Novanox
Ranked #939 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I stayed in a superior room in this hotel in June. The room was very clean and had a very comfortable bed which was huge. The bathroom was spacious and had a nice shower.

Paris was very warm when we were there, 37 degrees, so the air con was a god send in both the room and the rest of the hotel. We had the breakfast as part of our deal and it was really nice.

The main reason I would recommend this hotel is the fabulous customer service. We left items behind and the hotel contacted myself when I returned home and sent the items to me at their expense. Fantastic.

This hotel is is in a great location. You can get there directly from the airport ,as an RER station is next to it and it has lots of good restaurants and cafes nearby. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank strathaven65

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I haved stayed at the Hotel Novanox on two visits to Paris. The location of the hotel is ideal, within walking distance to many attractions. The Novanox is located in the latin quarter near St Michel.

Room Tip: The rooms are nice and the hoel is very clean.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank chaquitaBoston_Mass
Reviewed June 11, 2011

There are rooms available on booking.com which are non refundable I was caught very badly booking two rooms assuming I could.cancel these rooms up to 48 hours prior to arrival, however this was not the case. I contacted the hotel to see of they would cancel the rooms for me, but they would not budge. My credit card was debited the full amount immediately. Unfortunately even though I offered a cancellation fee of 100 Euros Sanddy, the manager was.extremely unhelpful and would not assist me in any way. I did say I would post my experience with Hotel Novanox on trip advisor and he said I was being dishonest, which I have notbeen at all just describing my bad experience with booking.com and the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank BeebeeW
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I stayed at Hotel Novanox for five nights, and found it to be a perfectly lovely 3 star Parisian hotel (this being my twelfth time, and having stayed in a wide range of accommodations, from 4 stars in the 1st arr. to 2 stars in the 13th). My room was clean, nicely decorated, and clearly renovated recently. The bathroom was very nice--the water pressure was very nice, lighting was good, and reasonable amenities (hair dryer, shampoo, body wash) were provided.
As for the bedroom, it was fairly spacious (although, observing the floor plans by the elevator, it seems we were given one of the biggest rooms), and the double bed slept both me and my friend very comfortably.
The location of the hotel is great--in a slightly more residential part of Montparnasse, the bakeries and restaurants nearby, especially on the side streets, are exactly what you want from Paris: authentic, local, reasonably priced, and delicious (the bakery right next to the hotel is great). It's a quick walk from the Cimetiere Montparnasse, so you can pay your respects to Sartre, Beauvoir, Duras, Ionesco, Huysmans, Baudelaire; from the Fondation Cartier, for a modern art fix; and, from the Jardin de Luxembourg, for a nice stroll. Best, it's located very near to several metro stations.
The service was excellent...in the daytime. The woman who was working the front desk was incredibly friendly, but also professional. When I arrived, although my room was not yet available, she offered to make me a cup of coffee, asked the cleaning staff to expedite my room's preparation, and invoked that classic aphorism of French hospitality, "Faites comme chez vous." I witnessed her conversing very competently with guests in Spanish and English, in addition to French, tailoring her advice to the guest's experience with Paris and desires (i.e., for advice on less touristic activities). Other daytime staff was similarly friendly and professional. My friend arrived a few days after me, at which point in time, the man at the desk offered the option of moving into a room with twin beds, rather than the double (an option of which we did not avail ourselves, as it seemed unnecessary). Overall, I had great experiences during the day.
At night was a different story. The desk attendants were inconsistently present at the desk, which was especially problematic, given the hotel's policy that keys must be left at the front desk. Not only was this inconvenient, but it also poses an obvious security risk. For periods, all of the room keys were left unattended at the front desk, available for whomever to walk in, take them, and enter rooms. Granted, this is a safe neighborhood, but these absences (more prevalent with one night attendant than another) were still disquieting.
Breakfast isn't worth it. Grab a pastry next door for 2 euro, a coffee across the street for the same, and use the other 9 euros for something decadent.
Overall, I thought this was a great hotel for the price. The WiFi functions well (and is free), the rooms are great, the service was great. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank USofArugula
Reviewed November 22, 2010

If you are a light sleeper, check your room is not overlooking the road, traffic noise continues to the late hours. The room was too hot and no way to adjust temperature without opening the window then full noise of the road below. Made for uncomfortable sleeping conditions. The toilet was situated in a cupboard and not enough room to manouvre not very pleasant when sharing a room with your partner. The bath is quite small and the shower panel to stop water did not fit to the bath, hence water went over the bathroom floor. The bedroom otherwise was clean and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was alot of bread and no other choices + a kiwi fruit in an egg cup, mostly unripe.

Reception staff are friendly and helpful. If you are advised to go on the river boat trip check they translate in your language rather than several languages. It is a budget Hotel and therefore you get what you pay for. I would hunt further next time around.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights on 26 October 2010 for my sister's 30th birthday. I had pre-booked & pre-paid a hefty deposit for 2 single rooms & 3 double rooms, all was confirmed & I had e-mail proof. Arrived at hotel on Tues 26 Oct to be greeted by Manager, Maria, telling me, with no apology, that they had over-filled the hotel so 1 of our rooms was not available & 1 of our family would have to stay in a hotel 5 minutes away! We couldn't believe it. There was no hint of being sorry or that this was unacceptable, we were just told & that was that. We said "no way" & proposed moving around our remaining 4 rooms so that my husband doubled up with our friend in a single room (with 2 beds) and my Mum came into my room with me as my husband was elsewhere - for 1 night. The Manager made no attempt to help us sort things out, just left us to it and her only concession was that they would give us an extra single bed in 1 of the rooms so that my husband & our friend would each have a bed for the night! My Mum & I had to share the extremely small double bed. After the 1st night, our friend went home & we had to move all our remaining possessions back to the original rooms we had booked for our remaining 2 nights. Again, no help or assistance from the hotel was proviced. The night before we left, Thu 28 Oct, I asked the Receptionist for our bill, which we had been assured would have a discount for all the inconvenience & for not providing us with the rooms we had booked & paid for in advance. Surprise, surprise, the bill was still at the full rate. I complained, explained the situation again & was told that he would need to speak to the Manager. When we returned from our dinner out, we found that the Manager refused to reduce the bill by the correct amount & was stating that I had to pay the full balance despite the lack of provision of rooms we had booked. I refused, and deducted the cost of the room we had not received from the outstanding bill & paid the remaining 788 Euros on my Credit Card - bear in mind that I had already paid over 600 Euros in advance so this was just the remaining balance. I stipulated that I would not authorise any further transactions from my Credit Card. I did not trust the Manager so on arrival at the airport I called my bank to explain the situation to them. They advised me that at 7.30am, 30 mins after we had left the hotel, the Manager had put through a further debit to my card without my permission or authority. I was furious & am still chasing this up as a dispute with my bank & with the hotel.
I just want to warn people so that others do not get hooked in the same trap with this deeply dishonest hotel and the immoral way of operating.
On a positivie note, all I can say is that the location of the hotel is extremely convenient for visiting Paris, really close to Metro & RER stations. And the night Receptionist, male, was very courteous & helpful in a fraught & difficult situation.
I do NOT recommend this hotel however, CAVEAT EMPTOR as they say!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank LaEscocesaCansada
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Situated a fair walk away from the action in the Latin Quarter (good to walk off last night's dinner!) but very well served by metro lines. Rooms a little small but very clean and comfortable - friendly, helpful staff too

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple