All reviews gare du nord and gare travelling by train main train nice room lots of restaurants nice stay
Reviewed November 24, 2014

This is a classic two star basic hotel and to expect more is foolish. The rooms are basic and cleanish, noise level ok in general. My room had a small shower room which had seen better days, the bed was comfortable but very small. TV was hanging on the wall at an angle. Breakfast was a "buffet" with fresh baguettes and croissants with jam and butter and cheese spread. Coffee was atrocious but orange juice ok.
I thought it was overpriced but it is three minutes walk from gare du nord and of course very near to the metro

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2014

We booked this hotel for our weekend as it was very cheap and only a stone's throw from the Gare du Nord. For these reasons it was ideal. The staff were helpful and polite and the room was warm. However, the room was very basic and my bed was hard and lumpy. The walls are paper thin and the hotel becomes very noisy by eight am. The room and bathroom were clean but the walls and carpet are quite stained. Overall, a good idea if you are staying for a short time and are on a budget.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank J W
Reviewed November 21, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Paris about 30minutes before check-in today and we were not impressed by the hotel. We parked our car out front to ask the receptionist if we were allowed to park there, he was rude and didn't answer my question. Finally my boyfriend stepped up and asked if there was parking nearby, to answer this he gave us very vague instructions (literally, go right, go left, go right etc). After finally finding parking, about 800ms away we made our way back to the hotel. Again we met the gentlemen who gave very unclear instructions and did not listen to me at all. Upon arriving in the room we were a little appalled; the room was small, cramped, smelly, not up to par and outdated.

We also received a call from the reception whilst unpacking in regards to getting our permission in allowing a guest to come to our room to check if her charger was in the room, she arrived the moment my boyfriend got off the phone which was a bit of a shock.

The wifi is even more of a hassle, there are no instructions on how to connect and my boyfriend had to go downstairs and ask for help. The gentlemen didn't even look at him; instead he handed him two small pieces of paper with the username and password written on them. Upon connecting we had to sign-up with our details, and upon logging in we had to watch an advertisement or be disconnected. This occurred a few times whilst trying to use the wifi. The internet was slow, kept disconnecting and was a hassle. Unfortunately we are here for the next few days but definitely would not recommend it to anyone.

The bed is comfy though

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed four nights.
Staff were pleasant, hotel needs updating but you could see this was ongoing. Brilliant location for gare du nord & gare du lest, could get anywhere in paris from either of these metro stations. Food was a bit rubbish, continental breakfast consisted of croissant, crusty bread, yogurt & orange juice or coffee. Some dodgy folk living in this area, but you get that anywhere. Myself & my daughter did not feel comfortable going out at night or coming back late. Probably wouldn't stay here again, unless take hubby.

Reviewed November 10, 2014

Hotel was cheap (69 euros per night) so I didn't expect too much, but was pleasantly surprised. Hotel is situated between Gare de l 'Est and Gare du Nord on a dead-end street, so hardly any car-traffic. I had a room with private bathroom, situated on the back of the hotel, with a view on a (concrete, alas...) courtyard. Room was quite noisy, so you're hoping for good neighbours. Bring earplugs (always a good idea, even when staying in the Ritz).
I booked without breakfast, which you can buy for an additional 6 euro. I had a look, but it all looked rather basic, so I had good breakfast in bar near Gare de l'Est for same price.
My room was clean (some other guests seem to have had problems), had a TV (which I didn't use), bed was OK.
Last day my train left late in the afternoon, and they were flexible in allowing a late checkout (I tipped the cleaningladies for this). This is no hotel-policy, so don't use my review as some kind of precedent, but it underscores the service of the hotel
Next time Paris, would I go here again? Yes. Unless I hit the jackpot, then it'll be the Ritz.

Room tip: I had room 108, at the back of the hotel, at the end of the hallway. Quiet location, probably more so than front-side rooms.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo