Hotel Montaigne
Fred Hotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
$88
$82
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
$322
$252
$236
$205
  • Room Service
All reviewsavenue montaigneroom facing the streetgreat locationgreat bathroomfirst floora wonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Montaigne.
It's very well located with very nice and spacious rooms and bathrooms.
The service is essential but nice and kind.
I would definitely suggest to stay there if visiting Paris.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank alesuper78
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed for a week at Hotel Montaigne for a week in July and it was just perfect for me. My holiday had started badly with Air France choosing not to deliver my luggage for my entire week's stay in my previous destination, Buenos Aires and AF also bumping me off my overbooked return flight. However, I had asked Hotel Montaigne to help with the unsurprisingly overburdened Air France lost luggage information and my bag was delivered there just before my arrival.

This hotel has four stars but for the elegance, comfort and functionality of my room I give full five stars. I am missing that room even now. Although on the first floor and facing the street the room was absolutely quiet. The staff was among the most charming I have encountered within the travel industry.

Location is ideal and memorable. The leafy Avenue Montaigne, of course, is the grand lady of Parisian streets where the spirit of Haute couture lives on. The most sophisticated shopping is here in the golden triangle. And gentlemen, do not bother to go to a car show to inspect the latest Ferraris and Lamborghinis - you can spot them all on this Avenue.

A few humble suggestions. What would we love more than French culinary traditions but because this is a renovated hotel amidst the world's most trendsetting boutiques I expected the breakfast items and food presentation to be a little more innovative. Also, because the reception desk is placed sideways the first thing you see when you enter the hotel is a white door with large black lettering 'toilettes'. I wonder if this could be more discreet.

I recommend highly for the excellent service and French modern classic decor of the highest standard.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ari K
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Very nice boutique hotel in a great location. Easy walk to shopping, museums, Eiffel Tower, Seine River Cruises and restaurants. Staff was always helpful. Room was great with a separate shower and tub! Restaurant was great too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a nice small property in a great location. rooms are small ( that's expected in Paris) but looked nice and luxurious. staff were friendly and nice too. upon arrival to the room, the first issue i encountered was the Air Conditioner, it was a hot day in Paris and the room was not cool enough, The Wifi was not working in my room (and so i didn't have internet during my entire stay, it did work in lobby and other parts of the hotel though, The shampoo and shower gel was not replaced/refilled when it was empty, the room was generally not cleaned properly (they did not move or wash some used glasses in the room). i would not have been that critical if i wasn't paying 529 Euros a night for this hotel! for that price, i had higher expectations.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ahmad A
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was very nice, clean and large for Paris with a little bit of schwanky style with mirrored walls and a view in to the bathroom shower. But, I don't think the hotel staff service was at best capacity... Rainy day? No umbrellas available - although the front desk attendant did offer her personal umbrella (nice touch). Want some Dinner restaurant suggestions? Ehhh... everything in the local area is excellent, take your pick.
For the price and location, I expected a bit more of the five star service, but they don't really seem to have a concierge... just desk attendants trying to be helpful.
Location is excellent for shopping, beautiful view access to Eiffel Tower and a metro stop 50 yards away.
Have breakfast in the restaurant!!! American-style omelets with fresh-baked chocolate croissants and fresh made fruit salad. YUM! The head waiter was very helpful on our tourist planning as well...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff M
Gaetan H, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Montaigne, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much for leaving a review on Trip Advisor and sharing your experience.

First of all, I do apologize for being out of stock of umbrellas during your stay. We've received plenty now and we will manage our stock carefully.

We have indeed an exclusive and unique location on avenue Montaigne, which is great for shopping and enjoying a romantic weekend !

I am glad you enjoyed our excellent breakfast !

We would be pleased to welcome you back for your next trip to Paris.

Kind regards,