“Great value for money”

Hotel Palm - Astotel
Ranked #120 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The hotel is situated in a very good neighborhood, located close to the Opera and the Louvre, with 2 subway stations nearby.
On the inside, it has nice modern furnishing, a friendly lobby and decent restaurant for breakfast. Considering location and facilities, it offers very good prices.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Sorinkertesz
Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Value for money hotel.
Central location.
Modern, recently renovated and clean overall.
Nice breakfast buffet, although when things finished they didn't replace them, so go early for breakfast before all is gone.
The cleaning ladies could be more patient when waiting for cleaning room and should clean trash bins every day.
Overall more than OK

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CStefanou
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is a lovely little hotel with everything you need for a stay in Paris. The room we had (view of the Eiffel Tower) was really comfortable, clean and modern. The gentleman on reception was very polite and helpful. The hotel supplies unlimited drinks all day which is a bonus. Good location. Nothing bad to say about this place. Value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for the double rooms with view of the eiffel tower, very parisian.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this review as a I sit in the hotels lobby. I came to Paris as it's my birthday and wanted a weekend away. The hotel is so beautiful, welcoming and really just so wonderful. No it's not five star but if you are in a city like Paris you really shouldn't worry that much about how posh your hotel is.
As it was my birthday the hotel gave me a lovely box of chocolates and they are the best chocolates I have ever tasted in my life !!!

When we first arrived in the hotel we were welcomed by Olivier who was very welcoming, very polite! He showed us a map of Paris, where the nearest metro was and recommended us places to go.
Our room was lovely, and we had a view of the Eiffel Tower which is beautiful ! The beds are very comfy. The bathroom was lovely, only thing is, when you have a shower water leaks all over the floor so be careful not to slip!
Breakfast is provided in the morning, not a huge selection but more than enough for a small breakfast.

On arrival in Paris, it was a bit daunting, Gare du nord is not a place I would stay for long. Ignore all attempts of help from people. Women will approach you in groups asking for donations for the disabled DO NOT even give them the time of day! One will distract you and the other will take your bag ! Also smart looking people will approach you saying they can sell you metro tickets, ignore them! Buy your metro tickets in the London departure lounge.

The hotel is about a 10/15 min walk from Gare du nord, not bad but if you haven't travelled that light it can be a hassle.

If you are looking for a quick way to get out and about I would say go to the louvre first, you can get around so easy from there. Take the 7 metro from le peletier and get off at palais royale- musee du louvre, from there you can pick up the grand tour bus which takes you to the champs élysées, arc de triomphe, Eiffel Tower, Madeline !

One thing I will say DONT shop down the champs élysées! Never in my life have I felt so uncomfortable in a shop. I went to leave Disney and after being followed around by the security guard he then stopped and searched me, no one else. Then In sephora... The staff are arrogant and rude ! They obviously forget that you are there to spend money. One woman spoke to me as if I was stupid, I said to her " I'm English not an alien" and she just looked at me...

After that disappointment it was always lovely to arrive back at the hotel! It has such a lovely calm atmosphere and the men who work on the front desk are always so lovely and polite !
Oh and a lovely little bonus is definitely the open bar downstairs which is available 12pm-10pm with free coffee, juice and snacks!

Over all I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone it's amazing !

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank lptravel45
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

The view from our balcony was of the Eiffel Tower. Yummy.
The room is small but nice (no Mini bar or corkscrew. I'll get to that later LOL).
The shower was great but the bathroom smelt a little like weed. Weird.
To be honest. The hotel was pretty nice. What you would expect from a 3 star hotel however there were really only a couple things that annoyed me (my boyfriend. He is the cranky one).
The lift pretty much doesn't work. Not a big issue but after a whole day of walking the steps of the Eiffel Tower can be slightly annoying.
The breakfast isn't great but hey. It's free.
The hotel doesn't own one single cork screw. Whaaaaaaaat? This is France!!! Haha.

Anyway. I probably wouldn't come back but it definitely didn't dampen our experience.

Viva la Francais!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Booboosquared
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Close to gare du nord and cadet,within walking distance to louvre,with a view to tour eiffel from our balcony it was an excellent choice. The only negatiive thing i have to say is the breakfast,poor and small portion,as we gerring down late for breakfast there was almost nothing left and no chance for refill. We have another small issue with the elevator,our room was at the 6th floor and the elevator wasn't working a couple of times

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tsof
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I (both late twenties professionals from London) came to Paris over New Year to celebrate our anniversary. At a time when all hotels are priced over the odds, we feel that we picked a real gem. From the moment we arrived we picked up on the relaxed vibe, stylish decor and lovely friendly staff who were always keen to help. The lobby features an open bar with soft drinks and snacks, a really useful extra. We requested a top floor room with a view of the Eiffel Tower and were lucky enough to be given a brilliant room with a large balcony and amazing view of the tower. The room was spotlessly clean and had an iPod Dock to play music, another great touch. Toiletries were kept topped up and a box of macaroons was left on the bed to celebrate new year. The breakfast was slightly run of the mill, but no real complaints. The location is ideal for exploring the city, with the closest metro stop (the well connected Cadet) less than 5 minutes away, and the Gare du Nord for Eurostar a 10 minute walk. So if you are looking for a relaxing and comfortable base, a chic yet modern environment, friendly staff and all at great value, then definitely pay a visit to the Palm Opera, we really loved our stay here and will definitely recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: December 2013