“OK Hotel”

Ranked #113 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Mitcham boy
“OK Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

10 minute walk from Gare du Nord, Cadet Metro station 5 minute walk from hotel, double room was a tad small but very clean and comfortable, good shower and nice bathroom and toiletries, decent bed too. Not a great deal of storage space, strangely there were five coat hangers suspended from wall fixings but no wardrobe(?) Groovy spiral staircase which I chose to use as the lift was tiny. Free coffee and drinks in the lobby which is a nice touch too. The room was on 3rd floor facing the street, and fortunately I brought my ear plugs as the road outside was quite busy from early doors. May be an issue for light sleepers. Overall I quite liked the hotel, staff were very helpful and spoke Anglaise quite happily, however the one big problem I had was with breakfast. Presumably all guests pay the same rate, but if you don't get down to the breakfast room in time you won't find anything hot left. I lifted the lid on the stainless hot plates to find them empty. I gave my best raised eyebrow to the male attendant and was told 'no more-is finished'! A bit of a rip off as I'd paid the going rate but had less choice. Sorry, I'm a bit fussy about stuff like that. So I was left with vacuum packed cheese and shiny ham with my bread. There's cereal and fruit salad though as well in fairness. Would I return? Possibly.

Room Tip: Try and get a room not facing the street if they have one.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MitchamboyManty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Farnham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Conveniently located just 10-12 minutes walk from Gard Du Nord station this is a very good hotel for a short stay in Paris. The nearest metro is about a 7 minute walk. The staff are very welcoming and the entrance lobby which has had a modern makeover is bright and airy with a seating area and free drinks and nibbles as part of the package. The breakfast room downstairs is tastefully done with the tables well set out and not cramped. Breakfast is perfectly acceptable for a mid priced hotel in Paris. Our room was on the top floor and unfortunately its only view was of the wall of the building opposite, which was about 5 metres away, so rather like looking into a well, although it was quite bright. The room itself was small but had everything we needed and the bed was comfortable . It was clean and tidy and the en suite bathroom was very good indeed with a very nice shower. Our only criticism would be the sink. What is it with this modern tendency to design and then fit sinks that hold barely any water and that as soon as you swill it around 50% or more ends up on the floor.
However, all in all a place we would return to.

Room Tip: Tip: the lift is rather poky and prone to stop working. The alternative is the stairs which are pret...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We stated her for 3 nights in September. The location is fairly good and near to a metro. Bars and cafes within walking distance as are some rather nice shops. The hotel is modern, bright and clean. The breakfast is rather good. Now the bad parts. When we arrived we were given a room for 2 with a single bed in it. Not what I had booked for myself, baby bump and husband. After a lot of sorting out we were finally given a very small room with small double bed, no view to speak of and the smallest shower room ever. I am short at 5'3" and had to bend down in the shower. The room was exceptionally small. No real customer service. Drinks in the fridge constantly ran out. Overall it was expensive for a simple hotel and I know better quality hotels for the same price are available in Paris.

• Stayed September 2012
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed 7 nights in this excellent hotel and were delighted that it was exactly as seen on the website. Our 5th floor room was ideal with comfortable bed, two patio doors onto a small balcony from which you could see the Eiffel Tower. The ensuite was modern and had a good powerful shower but no bath. The hotel reception was bright and a very pleasant place to sit, chat and enjoy the free soft drinks, tea, coffee and the available fruits and snacks. The hotel is only a short walk from the Gare du Nord but away from any nocturnal bustle. Three different Metro lines are a short walk away as are cafes and bars. If you are up before 10am the breakfast is relatively good value. If the weather is good the hotel is well placed for a walk to most of the usual tourist haunts. I would go back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clanmcandrew
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here for one night while on business in Paris. I was really only there to sleep, but the room was lovely. Very modern and comfy. It wasn't huge, but for just me it was perfect. Very clean and bright.

I have to mention the great staff. The receptionist on night duty last night was great. I had had a long day and when I arrived, he was so friendly and even cracked a joke. A very nice welcome and much better than the stuffy formality of the intercontinental where my colleagues stayed.

Breakfast was nice and all I needed. Very close to the Gare de Nord which made it perfect for a stop over on my way back to London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Twizbe
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a small hotel that I really recomend. Beautiful rooms with wonderful beds, nice wooden floors, clean and nice. They gave the "small extra" by offer free drinks, snacks, fruits and bisquits all day long. It was also very nice situated in the heart of Paris.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rsa828
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here Sept 10-13 2012. Overall great place to stay. Booked our room with breakfast included. Breakfast was decent, freshly squeezed juice, croissants, fruit salad, various cheeses and meats, cereal & milk, coffee and yogurt were there daily. Also, there was a snack bar available in the lobby during the day until around 10pm (soft drinks, water, juice, crackers, cookies etc..)

Room was small but adequate and accommodated our luggage just fine. We were in room 406 and had a lovely view of the Eiffel Tower if you opened the window and leaned out a bit (was even more beautiful at night.) Clean, bright, comfortable beds. The bathroom was large. The only thing is that was lacking a ventilation system. As of now things seemed to be okay but I imagine this could cause problems with water/mold in the future.

Also be aware that the elevator is very small, room for maybe 2-3 people. We sent our luggage up and then walked up the stairs after check in.

Close to a lot of shops and restaurants. Very close to the metro, maybe a 3-5 min walk. Near Montmarte and Sacre Couer.

The staff was helpful for the most part. Although one person overnight informed us that we just needed to allow for 15mins to arrange taxi service the morning of our departure to Gare du Nord. However, this was totally off. Traffic in the morning in front of the hotel is horrendous. We informed staff 15mins prior to needing a taxi, as we were instructed, and were told by a different staff member that we should have allowed much more time. We made it to the train on time which was our biggest concern. I just think the entire staff should be more conscious of these things. Would have given an overall 5 except for this incident.

Room Tip: As for a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family