“Great location & service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of W Paris - Opera

W Paris - Opera
Ranked #338 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
“Great location & service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The historic exterior belies the contemporary interior and decor. The room was a bit smaller than we had anticipated but the service more than made up for it. The concierge service was wonderful---at the ready with maps, directions, suggestions for places to eat and they anticipated our every need. Since I don't speak French I was happy that everyone at the desk spoke English. The location is wonderful as it is an easy walk to many sites and close to the subway. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Christoph W, Front Office Manager at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hello Pesmith92

Thank you very much for your nice comments concerning your stay here in the heart of the city.
We are very proud to have only billingual talents working in front of the house guest contact positions. We do have also Russian speakers in case you need it!

Hope to have you back very soon again,

Best regards
Chris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Estero, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

My mother & I took a two-week girls vacation to four different countries in Europe and I must say the highlight of our trip was the W Paris Opera. I am a SPG Gold member and frequently enjoy W Hotels in the U.S. This was my first W experience in Europe and I thought W nailed it. The hotel still has all the quirky funk that makes a W so unique, but Paris Opera adds in touches of elegance & design that would only make sense in Paris. While the hotel was beautiful, it was the service that I have to rave about. As my SPG Gold upgrade, we were upgraded to the Extreme WOW Suite. I could not believe how generous that was. The room is truly "Extreme WOW"! I can't say enough good things about it. Isla at check-in was so lovely and truly made my mom & I feel very special. The gentleman who showed us our room and assisted us with various needs throughout our stay (I'm sorry to say I didn't get his name) was also one of the friendliest, most professional hotel staff I've ever had to the pleasure of encountering. I'll be in Paris again next year with my husband and there is no doubt as to where we will be staying! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RickdeJonge, Welcome Desk Manager at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hello happyjackman,

You made my day with such a wonderful comment!

I am happy to hear that we were able to upgrade your reservation and that our team took such a great care of you. It looks like you fully experienced what a stay at the W Paris Opera is all about and WoW is definately what our talents are always aiming for.

Please let us know whenever we can expect you back and we'll make sure it will again be the highlight of your trip.

Stay tuned,
Port Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

The W at the Opera in Paris was a wonderful location for a 4 night business stay. The service at the hotel is outstanding - I won't go into the details but it was the best and most customised service I have ever received. The location is central and perfect. And the W manage to look after all the small details so well, from having a power converter in the room to leaving some nice chocolate on the bed in the afternoon. Highly recommended.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RickdeJonge, Welcome Desk Manager at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hello John C,

Thank you for your kind feedback. At the W Paris Opera we always try to make your stay as comfortable as possible. While deliviring this service, an eye for detail is very important to us so I am very happy you experienced it this way.

Since we opened not too long ago,our rooms are in great condition with the newest facilities in it. If anything else is required do not hesitate to contact us, Whatever/Whenever.

I hope to have you back soon with us!

Take care,
Jamaica, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was my first trip to Paris and it will not be my last. When I go back to Paris the ONLY hotel I will be staying in is the W Paris. Opéra is a fantastic neighborhood and the location of the hotel is such that you can either walk or take the subway to everything you would want to see or do.

Everyone at the hotel is super friendly and knowledgeable about whatever / whenever. When I needed reservations to anything (nightlife/dinner/attractions), I would go downstairs and they would set me up with no problems. The suggestions they made helped our vacation be one we will always remember and definitely one of the reasons we will be back to Paris.

One suggestion, if you are coming from Charles de Gaulle airport, take the RoissyBus (leaves every ~20min) as it stops right at the Opéra, which is a block or two from the hotel at a cost of about € 10/person. You can go back to the airport the same way. We took the subway and that took well over 1.5 hrs with local stops + transfers.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Charles N
RickdeJonge, Welcome Desk Manager at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hello Charles N,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with other travelers.
I am happy to hear that our Whatever/Whenever team was able to help you with multiple requests during your stay.

It is correct that there are multiple ways to reach the hotel from the Charles de Gaulle airport. Please do not hesitate to contact our concierge team to provide you with the best transportation methods for an upcoming stay.

I hope to see soon at the W Paris Opera!

Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

W is an excellent situated hotel in Paris. So much to visit ar a walking distance besides the obvious (Opera House). All of the staff were great!!!! Helpful, polite, always at our disposal with an enormous smile! We stayed at a spectacular opera view room (319) which was spacious, beautifully decorated, with great view. We enjoyed light lunch when we arrived and after dinner cocktails at the hotel's terrace. We really loved W hotel!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
RickdeJonge, Welcome Desk Manager at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Hello lidi A,

Thank you so much for this Wonderful comment.

Location is definately one of our strong aspects at the W Paris Opera. Most Parisian highlist are easily reachable and those who are a bit more out of town will kindly be explained by our concierge team. They take great pride in deliviering a true Whatever/Whenever service and it pleases me to read that that you experienced this service.

I hope to welcome you back soon at the City of Lights.

Rick
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel in the Opera district of Paris. On arrival, as reception knew it was our wedding anniversary, they upgraded our room. We had a magnificent view of the Opera house. Room was comfortable and spacious which is unusual for Paris hotel rooms. Staff were courteous and friendly at all times. Despite being in the hart of the city there was no road noise. Excellent location for shopping. 5 min walk from Galleria Lafayette on Haussmann.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the hotel as part of our honeymoon. The location is excellent, next to the Opera, within walking distance from Place Vendome and the Louvre.

What I liked most about the hotel was the view. Our room had a splendid view of the Opera. Service, as in all the W hotels I have been to, is outstanding. The concierge recommended restaurants, booked for shows, etc. The people at reception zere also very nice; as well as the waiters at the bar.

The only handicap is the space; Rooms are q bit small, and dont have a bath. Hozever, this is common in Paris. Related to this; the hotel is a historic building, and has no spa. THey offer massages and treatments at the Westin, but at exhorbitant prices.

The breakfast is not included and it is a bit pricey for what they offer. I recommend going to some nearby cafe for a more parisian experience.

Room Tip: Choose a too zith views to the Opera
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello mbarallat,

Great to hear that you have chosen W Paris Opera for this very special occasion. I am verry happy to read that you had a splendid stay and that our team was of great help to all your wishes.

In general roomsize is a bit limited in Parisian hotels. In our hotel the designers tried to use the space given as optimal as possible and therefore they have chosen for an open-bathroom concept excluding bath in most rooms but with a rainforst shower.

Besides our gym, our other spa facilities are available at the Westin which is just a few minutes from our hotel. If you prefer any in-room treatments our concierge team will be more then happy to advice you on those.

I hope to have you back soon with us, in any case do not hesitate to ask our talents about our a-la carte possibilities when you would like to make use of our breakfast during your next visit.

Stay tuned,