“Great Experience Every Time....”
Review of W Paris - Opera

W Paris - Opera
Ranked #346 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Experience Every Time....”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was my second stay at the W Opera in the past 3 months and the experience was great the first time, but even better the second time. The staff is very accommodating and go above and beyond to insure that your stay is pleasurable. Two things happened this trip that really impressed me. (1) The bartenders (Bruno and Steven) are amazing and they were able to do a great show where they perform with fire. It was truly a special treat because they are not allowed to do it often. The bar crowd goes wild when they perform. (2) My traveling companion fell ill during the trip for a few days and everyone from the maid service to the bellman were considerate and accommodating. I will be back in Paris in August and I will be staying at the W Opera again. Thank you W Opera.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at the W Opera in a spectacular room.
The room had a good size with a view to the Opera Garnier. Very comfortable bed. Friendly staff and good service.
Excellent location 2 minutes walk to the shopping malls, nice coffee shops around.
Wim, the whenever whatever manager was always present and trying to help. Breakfast was very good. When you need a taxi, ask 10-15 minutes in advance. There are no taxis around and it takes time due to the traffic.
The gym is excellent.
Drinks at the hotel are expensive 8 euro for a soft drink.
Overall we had an enjoyable stay and would return.

Room Tip: There are two kinds of spectacular twin rooms. Ask for the bigger one.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 2, 2013

As a SPG platinum member we were upgraded to the Royal Suite but the corner suite was very awkward. The bathroom though spacious was cheap looking with very slippery shower floors which are a death trap. And unlike hotels in Italy, there are no emergency alarm bells to pull in the shower if you really do slip. The multiple floor windows may seem great at first until you realize that the buildings surrounding are so close that it's like being in a fish tank. Then the buttons for the shades and curtains take about 20 tries to figure out. I recommend to only stay at Asian W hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alexia J
Surrey, England
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great location and loved the views of the Opera House. Room and general service as expected. A couple of niggles that took the shine off the stay. None of the phones in the room worked so not possible to book direct and then receive a wake up call, this is important when you have meetings to attend. Checked out having. Pre paid and paid cash for the mini bar soft drink that I consumed. After the stay and with no contact my credit card was billed. Had to chase several times to find out what this was for and eventually told it was champagne from the minibar. Was refunded but took some shine off the stay and no invoice or contact was made before taking my monies.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
olivier s, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Familye,

Thank you for your kind note regarding your latest stay at the W paris opéra. I ould like to deep dive into the telephone issue that you have mentioned as we do not have any trace of such in our records.
Would you please revert to us with your name and dates of stay so that we can launch a proper investigation.
I have noted you remark re the late charge of mini bar. We will review the process that occured in your case so that we can measure the timing between your departure time and the check process by the minibar team.
Please accept my personal apologizes for these two inconveniences and I hope that we will have the pleasure to see you again in Paris.
Anything you might need from us, please do not hesitate to ask.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here with friends in late May as part of a long weekend to attend Rolland Garros. I chose the hotel based on positive reviews, the fact that I like W hotels, and due to the location.

As a starwood platinum member, I was upgraded to a studio suite, which was much appreciated given the size of our group. From the moment I checked in, I was greeted with water/juices at reception and the service was excellent. This would be a common theme throughout the stay. The reception was extremely proactive and helpful, and no request was too big for them to handle. For example, I had friends arriving and departing Paris at varying times and the hotel gladly stored their luggage, even if they weren't staying at the hotel. The doormen were always happy to arrange a taxi, provide advice on where to eat, or resolve small requests. Of all the W Hotels I have stayed at, I would say that this one has the best service. Even more remarkable given the snootiness I've found at some other Paris hotels.

The studio suite was a bit small, but that's expected in any Paris hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the housekeeping was great. The bathroom was a good size. Overall the room was great - no complaints here.

We ate in the restaurant once and also used the bar several times. Both were very nice, if somewhat expensive (as expected at a W Hotel). I did not use the gym, although it was on the small side (only a few machines).

Location is excellent as it's near the opera, shopping, and public transit. It's an easy walk to several bars/restaurants, as well as the sights on the right bank of the Seine.

All in all I was very pleased with our stay. The hotel is expensive, but the quality of the rooms and the service made it worth it to us. I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Courgz007,

Thank you for your nice note of appreciation. It is very valuable and much rewarding for our team to receive such great feed back.
Since you have enjoyed your first stay with us, I strongly hope that we will have the pleasure to see you again during some other great events in Paris.
As you know, W is all about Fashion, Music and Design. We currently host some designers during the fashion week in Paris with a pop up store where we feature some creations from Calla, we will partner with Maison & Objet in september for the Design Week and we had the great pleasure to host Dubfire as one of the greatest DJ in Europe for the famous "who's in town" tour....
Those are just some samples of what the W Paris Opera do currate around a lifestyle exprience.

Should you need any advice for a future stay, just shout and we will rock it for you.

San Jose, California
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed here twice now, once for 2 days and once for 18 days, and would come back for a third trip in a second. The rooms are very large by European Standards and they have the fabulous Westin Heavenly beds. Plus you can't beat the view of the Pairs Opera house, gorgeous. The staff is incredibly attentive and made me feel at home by recognizing me by sight and always greeting me by name. I have to give extra kudos to the concierge and the front desk staff. They helped with with multiple questions throughout my stay and booked taxis, dinner, tours, etc... When the concierge was not available the rest of the staff was always willing to pitch in. The general manager even went online one afternoon and purchased opera tickets for me when everyone else was busy helping guests. You can tell they value their customers and do their utmost to hold true to the "Whatever Whenever" standard. I loved the variety of amenities you get each night; one night soup, the next night chocolate, an energy drink, breath mints, etc... it was always a surprise. I fell in love with one of the amenities (marzipan apples) so much that they helped me find the supplier so I could purchase them as gifts for my family back home. Add to all of this the great location, within walking distance of dozens of the great sites of Paris, and you have a winner. Overall a fantastic experience and I will definitely go again.

Room Tip: If you can get a view of the Opera house do so. The other side of the hotel just looks out over a c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear TNF123,

I am so thankful to read such a nice feed back from you. It is a gift that the whole team will take as a great reward for their work.
We, at the W Paris Opera, take a great pride in delivering not only an ordinary but extraordinary service.
Location, activities, Insider hints, great food and great ambiance are some of the components that make a great experience.
Should you need anything from us for a future stay in Paris, just ask and we will surprise you, just because we like it!

Louisville, KY
Reviewed June 21, 2013

just completed a multiple stop trip with family members concluding in paris prior to the flight back to the states. looking forward to paris but had been treated quite well in other stops along the way! love those spg points!! however, had communicated with starwood regarding the fact that i was going to be accompanied by a college-aged daughter and asked for a twin-bedded room. even though we checked in at 3 pm, no twin bedded room was available. they gave us a king and lo and behold it was one of those trendy bathrooms without walls. lovely, starwood. get real. needless to say, my daughter stayed with friends that evening. starwood tried to give us another room later, but alas it was too late. wake up starwood!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Louisville,

I warmly thank you for your message which has highlighted your desppointment, only.
I have investigated in our records and we could not trace the original booking in a twin bed room. I would really like to deep dive into the booking and I would appreciate if you could revert to me providing me with your name and date of stay so that we will close this issue in a nicer way.

I am looking forward reading from you shortly.