“the little things”

Ranked #358 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Louisville, KY
“the little things”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

just completed a multiple stop trip with family members concluding in paris prior to the flight back to the states. looking forward to paris but had been treated quite well in other stops along the way! love those spg points!! however, had communicated with starwood regarding the fact that i was going to be accompanied by a college-aged daughter and asked for a twin-bedded room. even though we checked in at 3 pm, no twin bedded room was available. they gave us a king and lo and behold it was one of those trendy bathrooms without walls. lovely, starwood. get real. needless to say, my daughter stayed with friends that evening. starwood tried to give us another room later, but alas it was too late. wake up starwood!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
olivier s, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Louisville,

I warmly thank you for your message which has highlighted your desppointment, only.
I have investigated in our records and we could not trace the original booking in a twin bed room. I would really like to deep dive into the booking and I would appreciate if you could revert to me providing me with your name and date of stay so that we will close this issue in a nicer way.

I am looking forward reading from you shortly.

Have a great day
Olivier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Arriving at the W Paris at the Opera was a most pleasant breath of fresh air after a long drive from Burgundy. We were greeted warmly and our receptionist at check-in seemed genuinely interested in how we were, and was anxious to make us comfortable. After we'd begun settling into our room, she called us to ask if our room was to our satisfaction, and a few minutes later we were delivered a hand-written note card along with an invitation to the Lounge! We made good on that an hour later, enjoying selections from an inventive, superb cocktail menu.

Our room had a charming sitting area with sofa and desk, and the view of the Opera House was beautiful. The service was memorable; I phoned to ask about something I couldn't find; the staff called me with status checks every few minutes, and even went through their dump to make sure it didn't inadvertently end up there!

The location of the hotel is very convenient, a short walking distance from two subway stops - l'Opera and Chaussée d'Antin - as well as a couple of blocks away from the Roissybus stop for easy access to the airport.

This hotel is known to be a bit on the pricier side, but for a special trip it was absolutely worth it. In this case, you get what you pay for, and we were most pleased by our experience.

Room Tip: The W is known for quiet, well-appointed rooms regardless of the location; if you'd like a spect...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan L,

How nice it is to read such a great comment further your recent stay with us. Back to San Francisco, we only hope that you will spread the word so that we will be able to accomodate some of your friends and relatives at the W Paris Opera in the near future!

We truly, as a team, do take a great pride in delivery a memorable service that participate to a great experience of Paris as a destination.

Should you need anything from us, just ask; we will rock it for you.
Have a fantastic day

San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

At first I was hesitant to like this place. I really didn't want to like it because it is rather expensive and the food and drinks are incredibly expensive. After our trip, I LOVE THIS HOTEL. It felt like a little bit of home inside an unfriendly and foreign city. The staff really make your experience as comfortable as they possibly can. We had a bad day and they sent us complimentary Champagne! Thanks to lina and the girls. It was a very, very comfortable hotel in a central and safe part of Paris. I would definitely stay again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle R
Dear Michelle R,

Thank you for sharing such a nice comment about your experience at the W Paris Opera. It apparently helped to compensate some bad experiences you have had before?
Should you need anything to prepare a future stay in Paris, do not hesitate to drop a note and we will revert to you with some great plans.

Have a great day!

Orange County
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I hate to complain about the little things but this is the kind of stuff that makes a difference! The W motto is whatever, whenever. I have a food allergy that prevented me from ordering on the regular menu so I tried to order off the kids menu. I was not allowed to do so (because I'm an adult) even after explaining my reasoning. There was nothing else for me to eat on the menu. They almost gave us another persons reservation at check in. We had to triple check with the front desk and finally they listened and gave us the correct room.

With that being said, the hotel is really beautiful and chic located right next to the Opera House. There are plenty of cafes and shopping nearby. The shower and bed are truly heavenly.

I really value service especially when paying the room rates the W is charging. The hotel should try to stay true to their motto and listen to their guest's needs. I'll stay at W hotels again, maybe just not in Paris.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Annaluvs2travel,

I thank you for your feed back. I have well noted your remarks and I can assure you that we all have taken the point, as a team.
The level of hospitality we want to provide is truly about the level of details and I cannot be more agree with you.

I sincerely hope that you will give us the chance to surprise you in the nice way next time you will be in Paris. Just send us a note before and we will take care of you.

Have a great day.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have travelled all over the world and typically stay in hotels well over 100 nights per year. This hotel delivered one of the best, if not the best, experiences we've ever had. From the enthusiastic and cheery greetings by the bellman (yes, cheery in Paris!), to the efficient check-in, to the room orientation (it's lovely to have someone show you where the blowdryer is, how to operate the lights, etc), to the helpful concierges.... everything was perfect. As it was our 35th wedding anniversary trip, they sent up champagne and nuts and then surprised us with a sunset toast celebration overlooking the city. In other words, when you go to a high-end hotel you expect certain things. This hotel EXCEEDED our expectations.
The hotel is lovely. The renovation of making a very old property retain its charm while giving you every added modern convenience was immaculately done. We were able to upgrade to a suite on the third day of our stay, but even the regular room was spacious and comfortable.
W has initiated a new position within the company called the Insider. Cecille, the Insider here, is amazing. She really gets the customer experience, and has the ability to make things happen that would be difficult or impossible for us. Kudos to the entire hotel and management!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jamie S
Boston, MA
Reviewed June 14, 2013

During our recent Road trip around Europe we had the opportunity to Stay at the W in Paris. Out of all the hotels we stayed in throughout our Road trip accross Vienna, Austria – Bratislava, Slovakia – Prague, Czech Republic – Berlin, Germany – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Zurich, Switzerland – Milan & Venice, Italy – The W Hotel in Paris was BY FAR our favorite.

We arrived very late at night, Extremely tired from driving, and were welcomed by the brightest smile in Paris at the welcome desk; “Ines” who with such a positive attitude was able to turn my night around from negative to positive. It was my first time in Paris and Ines walked me through all the hotel amenities from Valet parking to the location of the outlets, operating times and so forth. Needless to say, I was ready for bed and now in a happier mood than the one we arrived in.

The room, was well decorated and of a decent size with a spectacular view onto the main street side. Despite the room being immediately over the street, outside noise was actually to a bare minimum inside, if that. The “rain” Shower in the room was to die for – and though I did not have anything from the elegant minibar, I have to say that it was well stocked with cool “munchies”

The next day after sleeping in, we took advantage of the on property restaurant and did a Chef tasting for four which I highly recommend you do when you visit this hotel as you will be able to taste all of the dishes made by the chef. We also enjoyed the lounge which had an extensive beverage menu and was very confortable. The use of teh wireless all around the hotel also came in handy while we sipped on cocktails at the lounge as our U.S. data plans would not work in Europe.

The Concierge was phenomenal as they provided maps and patiently showed us where all the attractions were as we asked over 1 million questions – in addition, they were also able to get us some tickets for a Tour around Paris. The hotel itself is conveniently located in the center of everything, minutes away from where the tour started. As our car was valet parked, there was no need for the car when we could simply walk anywhere.

The door staff were always there with a big smile to welcome you everytime you returned to the hotel; and where at your service for any request you had whether it was to be performed by them or any other co-worker.

In summary, the W Paris to me stands out amongst any other hotel I have stayed at, and has definitely been added to my list of favorite hotels around the world.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BOSEXEC
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in a Wonderful room - beautiful modern design with quirky touches. This hotel has it all and very well done - great room, great restaurant, bar, etc. The best part of our stay was the concierge staff - I need to mention Jean Francois by name - he was extraordinary in every way and without him our stay would not have been as memorable. We have stayed in Paris before and this location is hard to beat - right accross the streat from the Opera and Galeries Lafayette and steps from Metro station and taxis.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple