“Perfect in many ways”
Review of W Paris - Opera

W Paris - Opera
Ranked #416 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in a Wonderful room - beautiful modern design with quirky touches. This hotel has it all and very well done - great room, great restaurant, bar, etc. The best part of our stay was the concierge staff - I need to mention Jean Francois by name - he was extraordinary in every way and without him our stay would not have been as memorable. We have stayed in Paris before and this location is hard to beat - right accross the streat from the Opera and Galeries Lafayette and steps from Metro station and taxis.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Since my last visit they have improved but is still not of the service quality of its american counterpart. The whole set up is fun lively and would be great if I did not have to stay in hotels too often. I'm sure my teenage kids would love it. However I stayed on business more fool me. Asked them to do my room as i left early?... they forgot. It's this kind of sloppy service that is acceptable when you are relaxed on hols but not when you have to return to your room to work after a series of meetings. they were nice about it to be honest but nevertheless wake up calls and cleaning are core services.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were hesitant to stay on the Right Bank after years of staying in boutique hotels on the Left Bank, but we decided on the new W Hotel Opera and we were not disappointed. The chic, modern hotel is on a surprisingly quiet street for such a busy commercial neighborhood---a few steps away from The Opera, Galeries Lafayette and Printemps. The best part is the concierge. He got us into every hard to book restaurant and club in Paris and we had a fantastic stay.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Paris has an unusually large number of excellent hotels but the W Paris Opera is my new favorite. I travel extensively for work and have control over my hotel choices so I generally find a favorite hotel in each city and concentrate my business with them. The W Paris Opera has made this choice easy in Paris. The hotel itself is modern, clean and fashionable without being too stark or unapproachable. Location is unbeatable for both business and leisure. Rooms are perhaps small but not particularly so by Parisian standards and they are very well appointed. Trendy and chic but still comfortable and carefully thought out so that they have every convenicence that a modern traveller might want. The highlight of this hotel for me though is the staff. Friendly and relentlessly helpful when you ask but never intrusive or overly familiar. They consistently exceeded my expectations which were high to start. I exchanged several emails with the concierge regarding dinner recommendations and reservations for an upcoming trip and he was enthusiastic and very prompt with responses, suggesting that we return to some old favorites and also adding some new places into the mix. I am checking in tonight and am very much looking forward to a weekend stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank John L
olivier s, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

We are thrilled to read such a nice and kind comment. I often say to my team that the W Paris Opera experience needs to start before check in, so that when finally on site, guests are already in a trustfull environment. This has happended with you and the requests you exchanged with our Concierge to better organize your stay prior your arrival.

I would be delighted meeting you when you come again in the next future. Until then, have a great time and if we could be of any assistance before that, just shout... we are here for you.

Cordially

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights. The reason why I chose it is because we have stayed at W Hotels in other countries. 2 days prior to our departure I contacted the hotel to request for early check in and also connecting rooms. The replies came back pretty quickly and I was impressed and gave me confidence as to the level of service I will be getting.

I also requested for airport transfer and that went smoothly despite our flight was delayed.

The concierge are all very friendly and speak perfect English making it very easy for us to communicate.

The location is also perfect being just next to the Opera Garnier,walking distance to the Louvre, Notrdame, Place Vendome, Galleris Lafayette, Printemp, Rue Cambon where the Chanel Flagship is. We even walked to Blanche where Moulin Rouge is.

There are also plenty of bistros, restaurants neaby like cafe de la paix, gourmet section at Galeris Lafayett, Organic cafes just round the corner. Macdonalds 3 min walk.

There was an error in our bill when checking out but the management acted very promptly and professionally. Want to thank them for responding positively and quickly.

Room Tip: connecting rooms are available but yoy have to request for it
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear RedwineMalaysia,

Thank you for your kind note. It is key for us to make sure you receive a prompt and perfect service prior you arrival. In your case, I understand that you were confident in the rolling of the stay since you were carefully advised for the right connection between the Airport and the hotel.

I am looking forward welcoming you again at the W Paris Opéra. I am certain that Cécile, our W IInsider will have some nice hints and some great discoveries of Paris to share.

Have a great day

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a comfortable and quiet room with a modern, luxurious touch. Service is excellent and very friendly. The gorgeous-looking staff is approachable, solicitous without being intrusive, and keen on exceeding expectations. They must be some of the most hard-working and dedicated hotel employees in Paris. Easy check-in and check-out. They will offer you refreshments when arriving and leaving. I felt like I was at a stylish hotel back in the US. Come here to have your senses stimulated. You will feel hip, sophisticated, and beautiful here. If you need peace and quiet in the lobby, lounge, or bar, you will need to go back to your room or find a quiet place in the neighborhood. There is music playing in these areas at all times, and it's meant to make you feel alive and beautiful. We got free wifi service (I used my SPG miles) but discovered that the service was limited to three devices per room. We had two iPhones and two iPads; only three were connected, but we didn't mind. We asked for a late check-out for 2 pm but our request was denied as the hotel was fully booked for the holiday weekend in France (Pentecost Monday). Again, we didn't mind because the service and experience we had at this hotel were truly excellent. We will definitely come back. Thank you and bravo!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
olivier s, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear NYCflyer103,

Thank you for your kind note. It is so nice to see that from the Design, the ambiance and more importantly the quality of interactions you have had with the staff met your expectations and went even far beyond!! :)

You know, meeting guests that are pleased to be taken care of in our hotel is the kind of reward which is already highly motivating. In you case, you are telling us more: you have been surprised on a positive note. I warmly thank you for being so attentive to details and it gives us a great pride.

I am looking forward having you again at the W Paris Opéra, the City of Lights.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We just returned from a two week stay in France. We spent our last four nights at the W Paris Opera. From arrival on, everything was really fantastic. The staff was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. The standard rooms are small, but reasonably sized. They are what you expect in a large city. The decorative details are all lovely.

We had drinks in the lounge three times. The bartenders were wonderful and while the drinks are very expensive, they were the best craft cocktails we had during our time in France. My French is not very good and one of the bartenders, Steven, joked with me and corrected my grammar (all with good humor). The restaurant, Arola, was also good, but pricey.

We also spent some time with Cecile, their concierge, and she was very, very helpful. She arranged a reservation for dinner for us at Pamela Popo. This turned out to be the very best meal of our entire trip. It's a shame that we stayed here at the end of our trip and we really felt like we were starting to get into the spirit of Paris with the help of the W staff. We'll definitely stay there again when we return.

Dear noelnb,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you. It is nice to see that our staff have participated to the overall success of your Parisian experience as a destination.
Steven to Cécile and all of us a looking forward welcoming you again for another great and energizing time in Paris.

Have a blast!