W Paris - Opera
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,042 results
All reviewsopera houseapple storewow suitespectacular roombliss productsmarvelous suiteopera viewspg platinumstarwood hotelspalais garniercozy roomhotels around the worldtrendy hotelgallery lafayetteconcierge teamrestaurant staffopera area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great hotel in excellent location with first class facilities and very good service.

However, we were totally let down by the breakfast.

Service was abyssmally slow.

Scrambled egg on brown toast took half an hour to arrive - in spite of several promtings - and eventually arrived with the toast separate and no salt in the egg.

Asked for salt but it never arrived.

On checking out, I complained but receptionist seemed to think I was joking. Assured her I was note and got the classic gallic shrug of the shoulders!

I have to say that the experience was otherwise excellent.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
olivier s, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Rintoul,

Thank you for your comments and despite you report a nice experience overall, I have noted your point re. the Breakfast and the interaction you had when checking out.
I take these comments very seriously and rest assured that we will communicate the appropriate info to whom it may concern.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.

Have a great day.
Olivier

Reviewed January 28, 2013

After 2 years out of France we spent a fantastic weekend there....
The location is a premium one, just in front of the Opera and 200 meters from the super stores..
We loved the desing of the room and the view of the Opera under the snow was awesome..
But the real difference is coming from the fantastic team, enjoy the bar and let Aurelie & Steven driving you to a journey though genuine cocktails.
Thanks to Iliana and the housekepping team for all their specific & kind gestures.
We didn't have the time to try the restaurant but the breakfast is great and the waitress are charming and efficient.
We had the chance to meet Olivier the "Chef d'Orchestre" of the W and we really want to thanks him and his team for this great weekend in Paris.

Room Tip: Choose a junior suite with view on the Opera ...212 is one of them
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I was here for one night for business. It's a very nice hotel and the staff are very helpful. I loved the round bed in the middle of the bedroom I just didn't like how it was all closed so you could dangle your feet over the end. The tv was great as you could hide it inside the bed and when you needed it, press a button and it pops up. Bathroom was amazing, with a fab bath.

I didn't like how the computer area for guests is right in the lobby and next door to the elecators- so anyone can see what your writing.

All in all not a bad hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Perhaps it was because we were in a Marvelous Suite, or perhaps it was the beauty of the rare heavy snow fall in Paris, but we had a tremendous time at the W Paris.

First, it's a brand new hotel, which is always nice.
Second, it's done in the "new" W style -- like Hong Kong, London, Barcelona, et al. Modern but not pretentious or too edgy (not like an SLS).
Third, the staff is unbelievably nice. We used to stay at the Westin and were always unimpressed with the property and the staf. The staff here is very friendly, helpful, and speak nearly accent-free English
Fourth, the location can't be beat. Right at L'Opera metro station and walkable to essentially anywhere.
Fifth, even though the gym is small, for a French hotel it's very serviceable, with five cardio machines and dumbbells up to 10kg.
Sixth, room service was excellent. We had room service breakfast every morning and the choice and quality were terrific.

For those travelers who don't want an expensive hotell, this is the wrong choice for you. You get a premium experience and pay a premium price for that. I'm happy to do that but if you're easily outraged at 10Euro charges to launder a t-shirt, 40Euro breakfasts, etc., there are probably better properties for you. Overall W Paris receives my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank talent_guy
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is in a superb location, right next to the Opera House and Galerie Lafayette and about a minutes walk from a couple of Metro stops.
All the staff were exceptionally friendly from check-in staff through to the bellman who showed me to my room to explain the facilities although I would have to question the offer of an orange juice or water (which is very pleasant to be asked) but when I've just arrived through the snow and I'm standing up at a Reception desk to check-in it was a nice idea but didn't work in this setting. It would have been better to offer it and taken up to your room to enjoy.
I had a Wonderful room on the first floor which looked out onto the, not particularly attractive, side street. There was some traffic noise but it didn't really bother me.
The tv has, by default, a short 'intro' film showing a stream of light racing to Paris from New York and eventually bursting into the W Paris and igniting the bar and rooms with catwalk models and the aspirations of a stay there set to a dubstep track (Nero - Innocence (Feed Me remix)) which I loved.
The room was a variation on the standard layout - Wash area to the right, cupboards to the left (built-in to get round the column issue). It also had the current penchant for the wash area to be open to the sleeping area which helps make the room seem a lot bigger than it actually is.
The detailing to the rooms was very good and I felt that, as a whole, it had been carefully considered; the hinged down luggage rack, the concealed sockets in a slide open panel, a bedside box of phone charger leads through to the pattern in the carpet that replicated the terrazo floor pattern in the bar.
The food is very good, especially the Choco Coco desert which I highly recommend.
Overall the atmosphere is laid back but with attentive and friendly service. Loved my stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo