“Fabulous”

Ranked #344 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
San Francisco, CA
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I spent a lovely weekend here. What a great addition to the hotel scene in Paris (and trust me, we've stayed at them all). As my husband is an SPG platinum member we were upgraded to an opera view (I think WOW) room. It as small, but beautiful and they really used the space wisely. I loved watching the opera house, the light hits it so differently in the morning, afternoon, night.
The bar is really fun and the breakfast in the restaurant was delicious (and large).
The staff was nice, helpful and professional. A Parisian friend had drinks with us in the bar and forgot his pen. The hotel and bar manager both helped track it down for us. Great service all round.
We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for an opera house view, high floor.
2 Thank Renatad4
olivier s, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Renata4,
I am thrilled and the whole hotel Talents with me are highly pround of your feed back. Our mission is to suprise you (in a positive way :)) We want to truly make you experience a WOW moment while you are with us.
Please let us know when you are planning to visit the City of Light again. We will be there and it will be our delight to organize your stay.

Have a fantastic day
Olivier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hermosa Beach, California USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here just one night but what a fun place! Very modern and hip, not my usual kind of place but I really enjoyed it. Terrific bed and pillows. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They had great dinner suggestions, took care of all the luggage, made and cancelled reservations, called cabs, locked up valuables - all with a smile. It is on the corner right across from the Opera, and the Metro connections are stellar. The outside patio is really relaxing and they just put in heat lamps so it's nice and cozy. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great hotel. Impeccable service - greeted with a drink and shown to our room by a "hotel ambassador".
Decor is pretty intense, as was the music that greets you when you get to the room. Really has a 'clubbing' vibe. Image is cool, expensive and trendy. A real party hotel.
Room was big by Paris standards, bathroom & toiletries great.
Cocktail bar fantastic, but pricey. But then so was everywhere in the locality.
Highly recommended if you want a treat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I had the opportunity to spend 3 nights at this W (Wonderful, WOW) hotel in Paris to celebrate a milestone birthday. What an incredible, warm and welcoming staff!!! I've never had a hotel experience like this in the "City of Lights" and I have traveled here well over a dozen times. It was truly the best hotel experience I have had in Paris (and I've stayed at a variety of 5-star hotels).

I was welcomed by Tomas (front desk) & Cecile (the special W Insider) who were very eager to help me with whatever they could do to make my stay delightful. I met Olivier, the General Manager of the hotel on the way to my room, accompanied by Cecile. It was obvious where the leadership in this hotel comes from. Olivier is incredible - he promptly gave me his card & suggested I call him on his cell phone with anything I needed, whenever. (WOW)! He came to my table at the hotel restaurant & offered to help my husband with his arrival the following morning (I came in a day early for work). He truly went out of his way to insure we had a wonderful stay.

Our room was clean, quiet and large by Parisien standards. The linens were so comfortable and the decor is hip and fun. The W "smell" is fresh and clean - can't wait to buy their candles when I return to the US. The location of the hotel is convenient to shopping, the metro & wonderful restaurants (Arola at the hotel was delicious).

We had a spectacular trip to Paris & our stay at this hotel was a definite highlight. We are already making plans to return to this hotel & look forward to seeing our new friends again sometime soon. Thank you to Olivier,Tomas, Cecile, Nicholas, Elizabeth & all the hotel staff for making our stay at the W Paris THE BEST!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
olivier s, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear TravDi,

Thank you for your nice comments that are making our day! I will immediately share your recognition with my great team. this is the best reward for us!
Happy to note that you discovered a new face of Paris ; you definitely have new friends at the W.

Please stay tuned and follow us on our social media platform. You will certainly like our programming around Fashion, Music or Design events that we are broadcasting every month.

Thanks again for your happiness and kindness.
Make yourself at home

Greensboro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the W Paris for five nights and were pleased with its overall services. Our room was big by European standards and although we were on the 1st floor with some street noise we had a beautiful view of the Opera house. The room was clean and comfortable, although housekeeping was slightly inconsistent over the course of the week. We especially enjoyed the rainfall showerhead, down coverlets on the beds, and delicious local sweets placed on our pillows each night during turn down service. Every request was quickly attended to, and the concierge staff were exceptional. The hotel gym is small by US standards but will allow die hards to get a workout. The lobby and bar areas are futuristic, hip, techno but friendly and warm to two very non hip Americans visiting this beautiful city.

1 Thank Taylor S
Dear Taylor,

Happy to read that you liked your experience at the W in Paris overall. Your feed back i particularly important for us since you spent 5 nights and you had consequently plenty of time to taste our outlets as well as the "whatever whenever" Brand spirit in Paris.

I would be glad to welcoming you next time you are visiting the City of Lights. In the meantime, we thank you for your constructive remarqs re the housekeeping and we will look at improving it in all aspects.
Stay tuned : our social media platform is broadcasting our event calendar which reflect some new/next activities around the Fashion, Music and Design world.

Have a great day
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I would give this stay a 5 stars! My boyfriend whisked me away for a romantic 3-day weekend trip to Paris earlier this March and we were so excited to experience the new W Hotel in Paris. We've stayed at other W Hotels around the world, but the American feel in France is so extra welcoming!

Great service, although the rooms are small (like most French places) it is very cozy and beautifully decorated. The concierge service is extraordinary and the Arola restaurant located inside the hotel is divine!!! Renowned Spanish 2 Michelln star chef, Sergi Arola's food is just spectacular. You have to dine there at least once, you won't regret it!

Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank corinabode
Dear Corinnabode,

It is really refreshing to read such a nice comment. When opening the W Paris Opera we wanted to be the first brand to offer the high level of service of a 5 Star hotel and the cosyness and personalized welcome that you get from a boutique hotel.
I have noted that you enjoyed the AROLA restaurant which also reflects the energy of a charismatic personality of our Chef, Sergi Arola, in the engaging way of W.

I am looking forward welcoming you again in Paris.
Make yourself at home.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Above all, the service commitment by all is outstanding. Add the ambience, meals, and location and you won't be disappointed. An excellent choice from all perspectives. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Tech1949
olivier s, Directeur général at W Paris - Opera, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Tech,

I am thrilled to read such a concise feed back in such a positive mood. Thank you! The team will then get its best reward.
Looking forward seeing you soon again

Make yourself at home